• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Does not bode well for the rest of the CAS. this would have to be the best pre season for this school in a long time eh?

S

sidelineview

Yes Fair Dinkum, I assume you are joking.

Read what I said, I am trying to help, this is NOT a critical part of life, If I am mistaken I apologise, but if you are deadly serious then you wonder why people don't put their hand up to help.

Just pointing out the work that goes into getting the reports on the page.
Organising and editing all of them etc, so telling someone who works their butt off to ''relax'' is a bit disrespectful.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
I just have to say Scots were very grubby today. Gave away 3 yellow cards, should have been more.

Knox were far better than scoreline suggests. Hansen needs to improve his passing game as does woodcock his kicking/passing game to be competitive.

I beg to disagree Backline Move...if you venture over to the GPS blog you will read my more balanced and accurate appraisal. Grubby they were not. They infringed, they got penalised. Childish accusations of underhand play are unwarranted.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Waverley 50 Newington 28. Physically large Newington team that have a certain game plan that will be effective against teams where they achieve forward domination. Newington scored 4/4 tries from pick and drives close to the line, but are limited in attack and fragile in defence in the backs. That having been said there were some big hits from both sides and I must admit that I wasn't sure how this would pan out for much of the first half. But Brooklyn Hardaker was too much to handle for the Newington backs every time he touched the ball, and the boys in blue were dangerous every time they got enough ball. Indeed, one could argue that the Waverley no 10 try where he strolled over with no one in front of him was because Newington simultaneously went for the intercept and tried to cover BH, while forgetting the 5/8 still had the ball.
Anyway, this was a very strong Newington side whose players certainly didn't shirk any work (the front row were busy all day) and can take and give the big hots but this Waverley team has threats across the park and are great to watch. They have very good individual players but the sum of their parts is the real bonus. Unlike Waverley teams of the past they play as a team rather than as talented individuals and their penalty rate is way, way down. When the players yell to each other 'patience' if they try to be too expansive, you know this is a team that knows their strengths and weaknesses. A joy to watch rugby played in the way it was intended, expansive with ball in hand. I'd pay to watch this crew.

S

sidelineview

Having watches Waverley again for the first time in a while I would be surprised if they don't get more players in the representative teams than first expected.

CAS would be competitive if they had the following waves players in the 1sts and built the team around them.

3. Wright
6. Cornish
8. Moretti
10. Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker

I believe most of those players will be in NSW contention as well.

How did Eden Rogers-Smith go in the 2nds ?
Did he get a run in the 1sts?

S

sidelineview

He played quite well. Had nearly most the second half in the firsts.

He is a handy reserve to bring on some size in the second half.

It says a lot for the strength of the 1sts if he cant get a start, but it indicates good depth.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Having watches Waverley again for the first time in a while I would be surprised if they don't get more players in the representative teams than first expected.

CAS would be competitive if they had the following waves players in the 1sts and built the team around them.

3. Wright
6. Cornish
8. Moretti
10. Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker

I would put Barkers Lloyd at 14 and Reimer at 7

B

Backline_Move

3. Wright
6. Cornish
8. Moretti
10. Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker

Wright is no where near as good as Dawson and Cutrone. Wright will be be lucky to make 2nds behind the Knox boys.

S

sidelineview

Didn't waves have their normal props out? How did they manage this FFS?

Finn Wright ended up being named in the starting lineup, but I'm not sure if he played a full game.
The other front rower, Will McCormick was out.
Also speedster Max Towns didnt play.

They must have some depth.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Just pointing out the work that goes into getting the reports on the page.
Organising and editing all of them etc, so telling someone who works their butt off to ''relax'' is a bit disrespectful.

Sideline,

I am certainly NOT being disrespectful, in fact Lee was having"a small shot at me when I said Ï got it!
Which is fine.

BUT he asked me for help, and I said YES.

If this is going to become all so serious etc then I am busy too.

Why don't you do the reports?

S

sidelineview

Sideline,

I am certainly NOT being disrespectful, in fact Lee was having"a small shot at me when I said Ï got it!
Which is fine.

BUT he asked me for help, and I said YES.

If this is going to become all so serious etc then I am busy too.

Why don't you do the reports?

I'd reply but i have to go out now.
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.