• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
There have been some rumblings over on the GPS thread about a proposed GPS Representative team, so after numerous "trials" I have put together a team based on form so far and previous knowledge of player skills. I have not seen all CAS teams play this year so school representation may seem a bit skewed.

I am yet to be convinced for the hooker position, haven't seen any standouts this year.

1. Wright (W)
2. ?
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Moretti (W)
5. Frost (K)
6. Cornish (W)
7. Stead (T)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Bell (W)
10. Donaldson (W)
11. Holingsworth-descent (T)
12. Woodcock (K)
13. Hardaker (W)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Pavlakis (K)

Waverly (6), Knox (4), Trinity (2), Barker (2)

Mr T,

I think you are damn close, the only change I would make is keeping the combination of BELL/DONALDSON,HARDAKER together, don't break it up, they have been dynamite. Don't break up the running rugby combo that has been all over some of the very good Geeps teams!

I believe Reimer is excellent but a hard choice because Moretti is also at 8.
But I can see why you have done that.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Moretti and Reimer would be a very difficult choice. Both those boys are outstanding and a pleasure to watch. Hate to be the selector on that choice.

S

sidelineview

There have been some rumblings over on the GPS thread about a proposed GPS Representative team, so after numerous "trials" I have put together a team based on form so far and previous knowledge of player skills. I have not seen all CAS teams play this year so school representation may seem a bit skewed.

I am yet to be convinced for the hooker position, haven't seen any standouts this year.

1. Wright (W)
2. ?
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Moretti (W)
5. Frost (K)
6. Cornish (W)
7. Stead (T)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Bell (W)
10. Donaldson (W)
11. Holingsworth-descent (T)
12. Woodcock (K)
13. Hardaker (W)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Pavlakis (K)

Waverly (6), Knox (4), Trinity (2), Barker (2)

CAS will give GPS a good run for their money this year.
I know Im biased but hopefully at least one of the Waverley coaches is appointed.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
CAS opens coaches (From CAS website):

CAS Manager – Mr R Farraway ( C )

1st XV Coach – Mr L Bower ( C )

1st XV Asst Coach – Mr M Hodge ( C )

2nd XV Coach – Mr K Ikeuchi ( T )

2nd XV Asst Coach – Mr B Whittaker ( B )

S

sidelineview

Interesting.
1sts coaches and manager from Cranbrook

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
all good mate . great idea for the Robin Hood. Ill get back with numbers.

Dick,

So far I have 6 definitely for lunch and 2 definitely for the game and beers after, so 8 in total, waiting on a couple more.
Lunch will be:
1. John Coorey.
2. Andrew Ugarte.
3. Remo Cignetti.
4. Tim Kava.
5. Craig Sproule.
6. Me.

Game:

1. David Gould.
2. Mark Zacriotto.

How are you guys tracking?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
As in 'Yes Minister' interesting? I too would have liked to see Waves' Coleman and/or Cornish appointed.

CnP and Sideline,

I think you are spot on, it has been the running style so far that has undone the geeps teams, so appointing both Cornish and Coleman would be prudent.

I have seen the waves do some very smart things this year, that we have not done before, that have been so impressive and SMART!

ALL due to the coaching of these 2 gentlemen, they are the unsung heroes of this team.

S

sidelineview

CnP and Sideline,

I think you are spot on, it has been the running style so far that has undone the geeps teams, so appointing both Cornish and Coleman would be prudent.

I have seen the waves do some very smart things this year, that we have not done before, that have been so impressive and SMART!

ALL due to the coaching of these 2 gentlemen, they are the unsung heroes of this team.

Smart things like what?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Like rather than kicking from inside your own goal line from your own set scrum,and making 20 m, then allowing the other team to throw in 20m out, we are driving a 3 phase run out until we are 20m out and then kicking, which significantly reduces the pressure on the kicker and typically produces a kick of MUCH greater distance.

Just 1 example.

S

sidelineview

Like rather than kicking from inside your own goal line from your own set scrum,and making 20 m, then allowing the other team to throw in 20m out, we are driving a 3 phase run out until we are 20m out and then kicking, which significantly reduces the pressure on the kicker and typically produces a kick of MUCH greater distance.

Just 1 example.

I think they did that last year

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)

This list has obviously not been updated L Bower has left Cranbrook as well as Farraway.

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dick,

So far I have 6 definitely for lunch and 2 definitely for the game and beers after, so 8 in total, waiting on a couple more.
Lunch will be:
1. John Coorey.
2. Andrew Ugarte.
3. Remo Cignetti.
4. Tim Kava.
5. Craig Sproule.
6. Me.

Game:

1. David Gould.
2. Mark Zacriotto.

How are you guys tracking?

Status