• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

I volanteered as did another writer but nothing was heard. The gps summary of weekends games was posted. He is normally very good at replying. I hope all is ok. He is no spring chicken.

Lets hope he's OK. He's usually very reliable.

Why dont you do a report anyway and post it here.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Well it did not take notes. And I may do a disservice to some of the lads as they ran out of programs and I did not collect one, so i may mix up names, especially on the GPS side.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
A big congrats to the selectors. They got a lot right this week. Both teams clicked well and their positional selections were spot on. In the 2nds the front row was dominant while Woodcock was the general running the beautifully with great service from Tecjek.

In the 1sts, the Waverley boys stood out, led by Donaldson with Flynn,Morreti,Stead and Frost all playing a major part. Frost is quick. In the backs, Hollingworth-Dissent and Lloyd were superb in defence with around the legs tackles stopping their bigger counterparts, while the the knox fullback was just fabulous on the counter with ball in hand.

Looking all over the park, I am genuinely struggling to see where man on man, the GPS lad outplayed his CAS counterpart, despite my "Red Glasses".

I will acknowledge that the entire first half was played inside the CAS 10m line. The fact that GPS did not score despite a mountain of possession, is testament to the intent of the CAS lads. They would not yield.

From the GPS perspective, Yasmin, the Scots man mountain winger did not see the ball all game, which was a pity as he would take a truck to stop him. But this year, the CAS have lots of trucks.

A rare win for the CAS but 26 blot is a win for the ages.
It was great win Rod. I do think that 7 Brown, 12 Poolman and 13 Smith (before injured) looked good for GPS. Whether better than CAS counterparts Stead, Hardaker and Ilias is in the hands of the selectors, noting iSA still to come

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
@Gilly - Is this the same young chap over at Kings who was named at 15 in GPS 1sts? If so , well spotted

Yes sure is.. Big ask last night as he ended up playing 10 in GPS 1sts (not a bad effort for a year 10 lad), will only be better for the experience.
CAS were very impressive across the park and looking forward to the clash of the forwards against ISA on friday, think young Bo will have a point to prove.

S

sidelineview

Well it did not take notes. And I may do a disservice to some of the lads as they ran out of programs and I did not collect one, so i may mix up names, especially on the GPS side.

How about a report on how the CAS team performed Rod?
Giving a blow by blow description of the game including the try of the year.

B

Backline_Move

Wow- what a match by CAS.

They defended their line for 35 minutes and kept going again and again and again. Having not seen much of Waverley this year, they have some incredible rugby players in their team. Round 5 will be the game of the year.

I thought the standouts were nearly everyone in the whole firsts team.

But, I think the NsW selectors should have the following players in NSW 1's from CAS

3. Wright
5. Frost
6. Moretti
7. Stead
8. Cornish
9. Bell
10. Donaldson
11. Lloyd
12. Hardaker

There is some genuine talent in these players as shown last night.

I would say CAS will have four boys in a real shot of playing schoolboys

Wright
Frost
Donaldson
Hardaker

Go get them on Friday!

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
How about a report on how the CAS team performed Rod?
Giving a blow by blow description of the game including the try of the year.

Yeah Come on Rod we dont need player accuracy and you have had your Grog now. On with it....we wanna hear about this try....

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Wow- what a match by CAS.

They defended their line for 35 minutes and kept going again and again and again. Having not seen much of Waverley this year, they have some incredible rugby players in their team. Round 5 will be the game of the year.

I thought the standouts were nearly everyone in the whole firsts team.

But, I think the NsW selectors should have the following players in NSW 1's from CAS

3. Wright
5. Frost
6. Moretti
7. Stead
8. Cornish
9. Bell
10. Donaldson
11. Lloyd
12. Hardaker

There is some genuine talent in these players as shown last night.

I would say CAS will have four boys in a real shot of playing schoolboys

Wright
Frost
Donaldson
Hardaker

Go get them on Friday!

I would add Dawson and Rahme to that list. Man for man I could not see where the GPS guys had it over the CAS players. Of course we have the ISA CHS and CCC players to include so it will be a mixed bag that plays for NSW 1s and 2s.

S

sidelineview

Yeah Come on Rod we dont need player accuracy and you have had your Grog now. On with it..we wanna hear about this try..

I just noticed Rod said he didnt take notes. I thought he said he did. Talk about grog.
Anyway someone may remember the course of events.
Donaldson scored 2 tries; Hardaker 1 and Hollingsworth-Dessent scored the try of the decade (its getting better already).

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah Come on Rod we dont need player accuracy and you have had your Grog now. On with it..we wanna hear about this try..

The try of the year.

Ok.. My attempt at recounting try of the year. Apologies to the lads in red if i get some names wrong.

GPS kicked ball or lost possession to CAS when on attack deep in CAS territory.

Pavlakis 15 receives ball in space and hits the gas down the sideline.

With cover defence approaching just on GPS side of halfway he gives a inside ball to Morreti 8/ Stead7 who crash through two tackles.

They pass while being tackled to Hardacker who takes ball to just outside GPS 22. Hardacker passes to Bell 9 who is about to get tackled by GPS fullback head on.

Bell9 gives a flick pass behind his back to find Hollingworth-Dissent who sprints to the line untouched.

Just champagne rugby. Red jerseys everywhere.

S

sidelineview

Regarding the try of the century, was it Pavlakis who made a break, passed to Bell on the inside who flicked passed behind his back to Hollingsworth-Dessent who still had work to do to reach the line?

S

sidelineview

The try of the year.

Ok.. My attempt at recounting try of the year. Apologies to the lads in red if i get some names wrong.

With cover defence approaching just on GPS side of halfway he gives a inside ball to Morreti 8/ Stead7 who crash through two tackles.

They pass while being tackled to Hardacker who takes ball to just outside GPS 22. Hardacker passes to Bell 9 who is about to get tackled by GPS fullback head on.

Bell9 gives a flick pass behind his back to find Hollingworth-Dissent who sprints to the line untouched.

That was it. What a try!!

What about the other 3 tries

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
The try of the year.

Thanks - sounds like a visual feast...

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Pavlakis broke a few to get the move started.

Actually thought Bell could have scored himself, but the behind the back pass was perfect and put Hollingworth-Dissent into space

S

sidelineview

Correct me if I'm wrong but Donaldson scored the first try through an incisive run from a scrum 10 metres out from the GPS line. He got on the inside of his opposite number and sprinted over.

Hardaker took an intercept and ran 80 metres to score under the posts and then Donaldson did the same on the other side of the field.

Donaldson kicked 3 goals for a total of 16 points which put him very much in the State selectors minds along with quite a few of his team mates.

diggerz donald

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone know where about's and what time is Isa playing Cas on Friday?

Shaping up as a big game with hopefully another victory for the CAS powerhouse

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Best thing is no injuries other than Max Curtrone that I could see. I know Bell came off but it did not look bad. Poor Max has suffered a horrid run of Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.