• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

They play 4 games in 6 days in the Australian Schools Champioships if they make State teams but they have a squad of 23 players per squad.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
For me today, it was obvious how tired they were. They maybe need to rethink the structure of this week. They have each played 3 games in 6 days.

Knox also had our year 12 formal last night. Boys were tired.

I must say in regards to the game, how impressive the victory was, especially when ISA had two extra days break, plus were obviously pumped to try beat the giant killers of CAS.

The CAS team managed to show true class, coming out over the top with some classy play.

Have to shout out to the following players who will hopefully be NSW Schoolboys from tomorrow:

Dawson
Wright
Cutrone
Frost
Whiteman
Moretti
Cornish
Garing
Bell
Donaldson
Woodcock
Hardaker
Lloyd
Galletta

I think u have selected well hope these boys have charged their phones up tonight .

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
NSW Schools I (Alphabetical order):
B Abra (SSC), D Breen (TKS), M Cutrone (KGS), M Douglas (SAC), B Donaldson (WC), D Dowling (SJC), A Driti (GHS), D Freeman (KWS), N Frost (KGS), B Hardaker (WC), A Hopoate (SAC), L Ilias (TGS), W Johnston (WC), W Lloyd (BC), K Loh (TKS), L Moretti (WC), L Reimer (BC), H Robertson (TKS), C Rorke (SIC), B Smith (TSC), J Williams (TSC), J Walton (WCHS), T Woodcock (KGS)

NSW Schools II (Alphabetical order):
A Bell (NC), A Bell (SIC), M Bell (WC), W Bremner (CHS), J Burgess (KHS), L Cornish (WC), D Easy (SIC), L Edwards (Shore), W Harris (TSC), H Hayward (SAC), E Lambert (PHS), E Poolman (TKS), S Rahme (SAC), C Savala (TSC), M Stead (TGS), D Tejcek (BC), J Thomas (SSC), H Ward (SSC), H Whelan (SAC), M Williams (TKS), H Wilson (SAC), F Wright (WC), T Yassmin (TKS)

Shadow Players (not required at the medical):
T Badger (BHS), B Dawson (KGS), C Chambers (TGS), V Creagh (SJC), C Hickey (NSHS), B Joseph (TSC), W Manu (SAC), W McCormick (WC), T Reilly (SJC), B Rixon (Shore), H Turner (EGHS), S Vaivelata (SAC), L Wallace (WC), J Walsh (SAC), H Whiteman (WC),

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Having only seen CAS v GPS 1s, seems to me the selectors got it about right. Maybe 9 Bell and 7 Stead a bit unlucky, but thems the breaks and as we saw last year, being in nsw 2s may not be a disadvantage selection wise for higher level. Congrats to all of the boys selected. Enjoy the experience, give it your best and know that your parents and friends are all very proud of what you've achieved. I look forward to seeing you all run round at Riverview next month.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
NSWSRU 1st XV

Head Coach: Lachlan White - Trinity Grammar school
Assistant Coach: Dean Hargreaves - Barker College
Manager: Saxon Bowles - Oakhill College
Physiotherapist: Narelle Veverka

NSWSRU 2nd XV

Head Coach: Brian Smith - The Scots College
Assistant Coach: Tom Hart - Cranbrook School
Manager: Peter Reeves - Chevalier College
Physiotherapist: Harry Fardell T.B.C.

http://nswsru.wixsite.com/nswsru

B

Backline_Move

I think Dawson is pretty hard done by. Was pretty good the whole tournament and played 1's and 2's. Hopefully will slot into combined states at 1 or 3.

When was the last time a school had 10 players in NSW schools? And people thought Barker were favourites... Waverley is the team to beat after this.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I will answer my own question. 13 according to ISA thread.

Great to see the love spread around,

Not sure how many CHS.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

You might need to answer that one yourself too... ;)

13 from ISA is great news though

Hopefully translates into a stronger NSW.

Although I suspect QLD are going to be stronger than last year.

Bring it on

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Competition breakdown:

CAS: 21
GPS: 21

Hopefully some other names pop up in combined states.

My breakdown (checked against today's programme):

1sts: CAS 10, GPS 7, ISA 4, CHS 2 (Total 23)
2nds: CAS 6, GPS 9, ISA 5, CHS 3 (Total 23)
Shadow: CAS 5, GPS 4, ISA 3, CHS 3 (Total 15)
TOTALS: CAS 21, GPS 20, ISA 12, CHS 8 (TOTAL 61)

S

sidelineview

Good luck to all the players selected in State teams and to the shadow players who will be called up in case of injury and have a chance of being selected in the Combined States team (announced on Monday night).

It's a bigger stage the boys play on during the week of the Nationals at Riverview. It's also pretty hectic with 4 games being played in 6 days so hopefully all remain injury free.

It's a great experience and honour for the CAS players and a just reward for them to have the opportunity to step up to the next level.

Good luck to all in selections for the Australian Schoolboys and Barbarians teams.

Enjoy.

Ioverugby24/7

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi All,

The news is that Lee is unfortunately unwell. I've not got any news to share and believe we should respect his privacy as he's quite a private guy.

As a testament to him this has obviously had a big impact on organisation and editing of the front page posts.

If anyone is willing and able to step up, let me know by DM.

Regards

Matt

We have prepared a brief report on the State Champs yesterday, however I cant find someone in GAGGER-land to publish it. Ive tried to IM you, but no response. Should we just publish in a post on CAS/ GPS/ CHS sites?

S

sidelineview

We have prepared a brief report on the State Champs yesterday, however I cant find someone in GAGGER-land to publish it. Ive tried to IM you, but no response. Should we just publish in a post on CAS/ GPS/ CHS sites?

Why not

Status
Not open for further replies.