• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't think you can always judge a team based on how many players make rep teams. A team can't have a couple individuals. but a team needs to work together, and Knox only may get 4-6 players in the CAS team but they are a team that works well together. Much like the Aloys U15 side last year and like the Waverley 1XV team this year!

not sure about this one though as good as a team Knox are if they have learnt to play together they will be a very strong team. I think although its a loss for CAS and Knox themselves it may have been for the better that Gratwicke went to NZ for a bit. He always played self centred rugby trying to force himself over the mainline then shift it outwide to the space

S

sidelineview

Representative

Under 16s
Staff as appointed by the CAS Sportsmasters Committee
CAS 1st XV Coach – Mr K Newbery ( W )
CAS 1st XV Asst Coach – Mr S O’Donnell ( W )
Physio – Mrs N Veverka
Dates
Mon 6th June – U16 trialist announced on CAS Website
Thurs 8th June – from 11am to 3pm. The trials will take the form of skills tests and a game.
Fri 9th June – CAS Squad selected
Tues 20th June CAS Squad training at Queens Park from 4pm
Thurs 22nd June CAS squad training at Gillespie Fields – Bangalla St, Warrawee from 4pm

NSWSRU 16s Championships & Selection Trials
Saturday 24th June – Curagul Field, Bobbin Head Rd, North Turramurra
GAME 1 PRES XV A v ISA II 9:30am
GAME 2 AICES v CHS I 10:20am
GAME 3 ISA I v PRES XV B 11:10am
GAME 4 CCC v CAS Noon
GAME 5 Winner Game1 v Winner Game 2 12.50pm
GAME 6 Loser Game 1 v Loser Game 2 1.40pm
GAME 7 Winner Game 3 v Winner Game 4 2.30pm
GAME 8 Loser Game 3 v Loser Game 4 3.20pm
Sunday 25th June – Curagul Field, Bobbin Head Rd, North Turramurra
CUP FINAL Loser Game 6 v Loser Game 8 10.00am
BOWL FINAL Winner Game 6 v Winner Game 8 11.30am
PLATE FINAL Loser Game 5 v Loser Game 7 1.00pm
SHIELD FINAL Winner Game 5 v Winner Game 7 2.30pm

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Waverley beat alloys 5-0. Aloys suffered a lot of injuries but were also very poor around the field giving away possession and penalties far too easy, but thats expected at death valley

S

sidelineview

The 42 triallists (7 from each school) will be named on Monday and go through a series of skill tests on Thursday to be assessed. The CAS squad will be chosen on Friday.

No doubt the selectors have got around to view games so far this season, but it's a big call to scrap the traditional South Harbour/North Habour trial game.

It's disappointing for the players in the comp to miss out on that game.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
South Harbour Schools School North Harbour Schools School
Paddy Tagg C Jack McNeil A
Perry Tasker C Finn Spalding A
Alex O’Reilly C Ben Pollack A
Ali Pakutoa C Spencer Spalding A
Jake Taylor C Tom Brown A
Peter North C Jordan Cameron B
Tasman Smith C Billy Pollard B
Max Epstein C Kyle Galloway B
Matt Brooks T Lucas Vass B
Ben Austin T Alex Veivers B
Sioni Vuki T Dane Wilson B
Alex Leckie T Andrew Castrisos B
Oliver Buchanan T Hilton Ovenden B
Jacob Gadiel T Will Kablau K
Ethan Grimmond T Oliver Hughes K
Harrison Layton T Oscar Cheal K
Ben Jabbour T Dan Breden K
Malachi Hawkes T Tom Constable K
Zane Chesterfield T Oliver Evans K
Alex Rice W Sam Rechner K
Connor Molloy W Enrique Grobler K
Marco Moretti W Khoby McDonald K
Ryan Connolly W Sean Kennedy K
Alistair Jensen W
Patrick Kite W
Anthony Santamaria W
Aidan Arabi W
Oliver Ferguson W
Hugo Hayman C

dummy_switch

Frank Row (1)
CAS nominations out, bit confused how Trinity have 11 while Aloys have 5, with Aloys being 2016 premiers and Aloys beating Trinity 8-5 this year understrength. o_O

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
CAS nominations out, bit confused how Trinity have 11 while Aloys have 5, with Aloys being 2016 premiers and Aloys beating Trinity 8-5 this year understrength. o_O
This is quite perplexing, but I guess some schools only nominate those that they believe are a reasonable chance of being selected in the final CAS 16s team. I note two more Aloys boys have been added to the bottom of the list. These may be to cover the injured Spalding boys. Any info on what happened to them??

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
This is quite perplexing, but I guess some schools only nominate those that they believe are a reasonable chance of being selected in the final CAS 16s team. I note two more Aloys boys have been added to the bottom of the list. These may be to cover the injured Spalding boys. Any info on what happened to them??

Spencer seems to have gotten himself a busted ankle out for about 6 weeks

Finn with a small meniscus tear if all goes well could be back for round 3 after the holidays

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)

who are the two that got added from aloys?

Status
Not open for further replies.