• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)
Despite Aloys having a great comeback it did seem that Barker seemed to have some very harsh and controversial decisions go against them. These including a team yellow card and a very controversial red card. On top of this multiple questionable penalties throughout the game made a lot of players frustrated and questioning the referee.

Controversial red card? The Barker player lifted the Aloys' 6's ankles right over his head in a ruck and let him go!! absolutely shocking play. No reason to do it, the barker player obviously had no idea how to clear out a ruck. The red was very much deserved.

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)
CAS 16s - who you would consider
1. O'Reilly (C) 1sts ?
2. Kennedy (K) 16A's ; based on last years form - sounds like
Knox have had some good wins this year without some of their star players/
F Spalding (A) 1sts - can both play prop
4. Cameron (B) 16A's - in good form
5. Wilson (B) 1sts - playing hooker for 1sts
6. Pollard (B) 1sts but playing front row / Molloy (W) if back from injury - outstanding player
7. Breden (K) - has he been playing ? Heard he was out with glandular fever
8. Ieramiah (T) 16A's ? would have been good to have Gratwicke back from NZ as well
9. T Smith (C) 1sts
10. Pollack (A) 1sts
11. Kirwan (B) 16A's
12. Rechner (K) -if back playing and fit/ S Spalding (A) 16a's - good combo with Pollack last yr and superb kicker
13.Galloway (B) 1sts
15. Vass (B) 16a's

Possibles
Williamson (B)/Layton (T)/Weber (A) /Lamens (C)/Turner (B)/Vuki (T) - need another halfback/Ovenden (B) - can he play halfback/fullback as well?

If Jack McNeil from Aloys (and Dural in club) is selected to trial he is a a strong contender for No.1 or No.3; coming from a background in rugby league McNeil is formidable in defence and also possesses rare ball handling passing/offload skills, and is next to unbeatable at tighthead in the scrum. Standing at 5"11' and weighing in at well over 100 kgs McNeil was the jewel in the crown of the premiership winning Aloys forward pack.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
I dont understand why people keep mentioning weber (A) in CAS predictions, he spent most of last year benching for Alos and is seriously over rated his defence is poor at key times and yes he has a decent running game but its no good picking a one trick pony, The new Cranbrook winger though looks exceptional

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)
I dont understand why people keep mentioning weber (A) in CAS predictions, he spent most of last year benching for Alos and is seriously over rated his defence is poor at key times and yes he has a decent running game but its no good picking a one trick pony, The new Cranbrook winger though looks exceptional

I agree, weber has some speed and size but his all-round game is weak

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)

I disagree, he has a solid defensive game and heaps of flare that is needed on the wing even though he plays fullback. Very quick too and has a solid physique.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)

If it wasnt for his stress fracture in his back he would have started all matches. Expecting big things from him this year.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
What were the scores from todays fixtures?

A shame waves vs newington was cancelled, I'm interested to hear how barker went this week after there loss last week. I heard Aloys did ok against cranbrook in the first half but they went down 21-7 in the end (Correct me if the score is wrong). Cranbrooks new winger looked very slick today with ball in hand, there were a lot of errors but they had a full team back. Carroll provided some strong carries along with Oreilly's offloads. Spalding was a real standout for Aloys once again carrying the team also the one of the props had an exceptional game for aloys.

Let me know what the rest of the scores are.

bm_

Frank Row (1)

A shame waves vs newington was cancelled, I'm interested to hear how barker went this week after there loss last week. I heard Aloys did ok against cranbrook in the first half but they went down 21-7 in the end (Correct me if the score is wrong). Cranbrooks new winger looked very slick today with ball in hand, there were a lot of errors but they had a full team back. Carroll provided some strong carries along with Oreilly's offloads. Spalding was a real standout for Aloys once again carrying the team also the one of the props had an exceptional game for aloys.

Barker 16 a's lost convincingly to joeys 24-5
Knox had a good hit out again proving strong drawing 19-19 with Scots

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)

Score of Aloys v Cranbrook was 19-7, and I believe the prop you speak of is big Jack McNeil, who was outstanding in defence as always.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)

I actually think Spalding had a pretty poor game today at 10 after being played at 12 where he is marginally better at then fly half I think the change got to his head a bit with a few misplaced kicks and untimely passes, I think. the 12 for Aloys and their number 8 were by far the best on the pitch for them. brook got away with it in the end. but the scoreline doesn't indicate how close the game was and the Alos boys should keep their heads up after how well they played with the penalty count as high as it was against them

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barker have recruited new winger Lachie Fisher. Ive seen him play a couple times and he looks real good.
My CAS 16s team:
1. Will Kablau (K)
2. Finn Spalding (A) /Sean Kennedy (K)
3. ?
4. Jordan Cameron (B)
5. Alex O'reilly (C)
6. Billy Pollard (B)
7. Dan Breden (K)
8. Dane Wilson (B)
9. Tas Smith (C)
10. Hilton Ovenden (B)
11. Lachie Fisher (B)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)
14. Lucas Vass (B)
15. Ben Pollack (A)

Possibility's:
12. Specer Spalding (A)
9. Tom Constable (K)
5. Alex Veivers (B)
8. Ieramiah (T)
11. Charlie Weber (A)
7/8. Oscar Cheal (K)

meat1head

Peter Burge (5)
Barker have recruited new winger Lachie Fisher. Ive seen him play a couple times and he looks real good.
My CAS 16s team:
1. Will Kablau (K)
2. Finn Spalding (A) /Sean Kennedy (K)
3. ?
4. Jordan Cameron (B)
5. Alex O'reilly (C)
6. Billy Pollard (B)
7. Dan Breden (K)
8. Dane Wilson (B)
9. Tas Smith (C)
10. Hilton Ovenden (B)
11. Lachie Fisher (B)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)
14. Lucas Vass (B)
15. Ben Pollack (A)

Possibility's:
12. Specer Spalding (A)
9. Tom Constable (K)
5. Alex Veivers (B)
8. Ieramiah (T)
oscar cheal?

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
It has come to my attention that Zane Chesterfield is now at Trinity. A good player from the strong Southern Districts rep team. He will definitely be a contender for a back row spot in CAS 16s. I'm hearing Jaymesson may have an injury. Anyone confirm or detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.