• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chabal to play Subbies Rugby in Australia !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
WTF does he expose himself at this level - reminds me of the time Geoff Boycott came down to our school nets and got bowled by RD - beggars belief.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Going to start by saying its a rumour..........

But i am hearing talk that the cave man Sebastien Chabal might be playing a one off game with Balmain.

Now that would be one for the ages!!!!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Astounding, and I guess this cross tabulates with the comments in the subbies thread about some clubs having the ability to pay (sometimes) large $'s for players.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Who cares? Good luck to them.

I would be interested why Balmain are so interested in getting pro's to come and play for them. I mean are they eventually planning to get to Shute Shield status or further?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
It's a decent promotion for the club. Should correlate to more revenue, more sponsors etc.

Or maybe there's one crazy old fart with too much money involved. Is Russell Crow interested in Rugby?

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
It's a decent promotion for the club. Should correlate to more revenue, more sponsors etc.

Or maybe there's one crazy old fart with too much money involved. Is Russell Crow interested in Rugby?
Russell played rugby in "The Sum of Us", which was set in Balmain. He probably played at High.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

In the Daily Telegraph article, it mentions the President of the club is the man behind 'The Fanatics' sports tours/fans concept - Warren Livingstone.

So he makes a motza from charging people shitloads to watch Lleyton Hewitt get flogged.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
tn.jpg

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
there holding a press conference for him at my work, Taronga Zoo, sometime this week. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.