1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chabal to play Subbies Rugby in Australia !

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by jauzy19, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Dan54 Bob Davidson (42)

I'd love to see him here , reckon Reds would be a good fit. him and Sano could share the 8 duties as neither is an eighty min man, and the crowds would make it worthwhile. I would love to see whole maquee player concept used more throughout S15, just to whet crowds appetites.
    AkRiD likes this.
  2. Hawko Jim Lenehan (48)

Or perhaps the claw hold that that very nice wrestler Killer Kowalski put on that lanky yank tonight show host Don Lane. Sure sorted his ego problem for a while.
    Bruce Ross likes this.
  3. lincoln Johnnie Wallace (23)

Could do wonders for the sale of fake beards and wigs. I agree it would generate interest in the game but Link seems to be focused on the "win games and watch them come in" approach to building support.
    suckerforred likes this.
  4. No4918 Ken Catchpole (46)

Think i saw that same game Lincoln and was unimpressed as well. I'd be surprised if he'd make any first XVs. Hence me tipping the Reds as a replacement, would be a paid holiday for him at 35. How does the replacement of players work?
  5. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

6. qwerty51 Phil Kearns (64)

There was a case recently where Wales u20s representative Steven Shingler was picked for Scotland but then deemed not eligible because of u20s.

Actually it's more complicated than that, Wales declared their u20s was their 2nd XV..

Although capped by Wales at u-20 level, on the 5th January 2012, Shingler was named in the provisional Scotland squad for the 2012 Six Nations, qualifying through his Dumfries-born mother.[9] However, due to his appearances for Wales u-20, the WRU contested this call up, stating that Wales had officially declared their u-20 squad as their second XV at the time, which they believed made Shingler ineligible to represent any nation other than Wales. The Scottish Rugby Union defended their selection, saying that Shingler had refused to sign a document tying himself to Wales and believed he was eligible to play internationally for Scotland. However the WRU challenged this position, and the IRB ruled that Shingler was only eligible to play for Wales, and not Scotland.[10] [11][12]
  7. Gagger Simon Poidevin (60)

I've been given a hint it's gonna be league, or something "left field"
  8. Brumby Jack John Hipwell (52)

9. p.Tah Peter Fenwicke (45)

Masterchef or SBS commentator for the Tour de France?
  10. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Ha! Looks like the truth really does hurt
    p.Tah and lincoln like this.
  11. Ruggo Mark Loane (55)

Maybe he has snared a bed in an aged care facility.
  12. p.Tah Peter Fenwicke (45)

May scare the oldies, they may think Jesus is visiting

Actually he could replace Warnie as the spokesman for Advanced Hair

'Advanced Hair. Oui oui.'
  13. sudrugby Watty Friend (18)

14. Gagger Simon Poidevin (60)

If this is all about fucking poker I'm gonna be pissed
    BPC and suckerforred like this.
  15. qwerty51 Phil Kearns (64)

scrum.com report that he has actually signed to play already but won't name the side?
  16. Gagger Simon Poidevin (60)

17. barbarian Andrew Slack (58)

The Tele says he is playing one game for Balmain against Petersham. Fucking Balmain.

Fuck you Chabal, you misleading French prick.
  18. Bruce Ross Ken Catchpole (46)

I don't know about Jesus; as has been observed by many he looks more like the reincarnation of Grigory Rasputin, the Mad Monk of Tsarist Russia:
    [IMG]

As for Warnie being the spokesman for Advanced Hair he's just a blow in. That honour belongs to Moey, Sydney's own Greg "Mo" Matthews.
    lincoln likes this.
  19. qwerty51 Phil Kearns (64)

Wow, predictable.
  20. Jnor Peter Fenwicke (45)

So you're happy about it then Baabaa? ;) I disagree though, Fucking Petersham is much more like it.