• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs V Force - Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The force grounded the ball in goal after the initial knock on. should have been a 22 drop out. instead the force are down a man. horrible, horrible call

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The force grounded the ball in goal after the initial knock on. should have been a 22 drop out. instead the force are down a man. horrible, horrible call

Have a bit more faith! Law 22 is complex but states quite clearly if the ball is knocked on in the field of play, it hasn't been taken over by either team therefore you play the scrum if it's grounded.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Honestly, what is it with Australian hookers and being unable to throw a straight lineout? It's just ridiculous for a professional sportsman to be unable to complete one of their main duties!

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
ebosohn (or whatever his name is) is shithouse.

Why he opted to take a kick for goal from 52m when all night he hasn't even been able to kick it 40m out of hand was ridiculous. And then he just gave up in the last minute and kicked it out? You'd think he had money on the chriefs.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
While I do think the Chiefs were the better team, there were still some questionable calls from the ref tonight. It's only a minor point, but after pinging the Force (correctly) for a number of crooked lineouts, that last one from the Chiefs to win the game was delivered straight to the gut of the first man in the lineout.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Honestly, what is it with Australian hookers and being unable to throw a straight lineout? It's just ridiculous for a professional sportsman to be unable to complete one of their main duties!

and it's not like it's the hardest thing to get right. Not like they have to do it at pace on the spur of the moment - they get the same time and conditions to do properly everytime!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

The problem here as well was the jumper closing the gap.

The key to a fair throw is that it goes down the gap. Every attacking team should widen the gap as much as possible, then the ref can't make this "not straight" call, it's simple. Instead for some reason they close it down and take the ball on their outside shoulder. Maybe it's a brain freeze late in the game, but still..

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Unlucky Force, lost 21-22. Stupid infringements at the breakdown in the first half ensured we were chasing the game ever since, and it was at the point in the last 3 minutes where it was ours to win.
A little unfortunate, but at least they backed up last week's performance.

M

Moono75

Another guttsy effort with the guys falling just short. Need to find another lock. I've lost faith in wykes. Team speed...need a flyer.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No, mate, an old second rower. But I want to see the game survive, and I know that scrums are not really all that attractive to our target audience. Maybe the new rules will help a bit, I hope so.
Stuff the so called target audience, scrummaging is part of the game, change that too much you may find you will pick up some of so called target audience, and lose the audience you already got!!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It wouldn't surprise me- Ebersohn had a few absolute shockers (Cheetahs, Rebels in Perth) where the Force were favourites.

Pretty happy with that myself. A loss but a close loss against a very good team. The problem for Foley is that with guys like Alfie Mafi and potentially Nick Cummins gone he will need to bring in more and more firepower that just isn't going around in Aussie rugby to get the Force to step up to the next level. We've only been torn to shreds once this season and every other game is a coulda woulda shoulda.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not too sure why Foley started Sheehan ahead of Mathewson, unless it a bit of rotation.
I am real impressed with the Force's attitude to game, by geez they get stuck in, make it bloody hard for opposition to get quick clean ball.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Stuff the so called target audience, scrummaging is part of the game, change that too much you may find you will pick up some of so called target audience, and lose the aidience you already got!!!

While I do think some changes need to be made to scrums (ie: more of the infringements need to be free kicks for at least the first few occurrences), I definitely don't believe wholesale changes should be made based on attracting fairweather fans. I'm a huge test cricket fan and I think that cricket has been bastardized by the 20-20 format in the name of increasing revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.