• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Reds, Rd 11, Sat May 6th, 5;35pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs (hopefully temporarily) go top of the NZ Conference & second overall on PD behind the Lions. CruSadists will regain both with a BP loss or better.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Let's now contemplate the unbelievable stupidity of the QRU picking ALL greenhorn coaches in their respective positions at this level.

Let's not. I have an alternative solution -

636115580245779536-936230570_14-drinking-games-to-spruce-up-your-night-out.jpg

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Serious - I reckon Quade needs to retire - he hasn't had an injury-free season since 2013 and I think he's plummeted off the proverbial cliff and may never get back to his best :(

Agree but Torp the genesis of this problem lay in Graham's appalling squad planning and in thinking a player like McIntyre (Graham's pet) could legitimately 'take over' from Quade.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Didn't notice much from Houston in his time out there apart from a good lineout win (which admittedly were few and far between tonight). Magnay showed some strong defence but how good were Stephen Donald and James Lowe for the Chiefs?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought the Reds played as well as they are probably capable at moment, think they a little hamstrung with QC (Quade Cooper) at 10, to me it seems he does 2 real good things a game, then is pretty ordinary for the rest, has been the same all season. I have to say I like Kerevi as captain, and Higgers is playing bloody well, all in all the Chiefs were better team by quite some way, but I still like the look of these young Reds players, they perhaps just need to learn to be a bit more urgent at getting up in support and I think the rest will come with experience.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wft was Quade’s game management?

Taking a droppy in front when you’ve turned down penalties?

On attack, ball in hand, then lofts up nothing popgun kicks, easily marked. Too low to allow any chase. Too high to have a chance to find space. With Kerevi standing outside you? Wft.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wft was Quade’s game management?

Taking a droppy in front when you’ve turned down penalties?

On attack, ball in hand, then lofts up nothing popgun kicks, easily marked. Too low to allow any chase. Too high to have a chance to find space. With Kerevi standing outside you? Wft.

I reckon he's lost all confidence in himself

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Serious - I reckon Quade needs to retire - he hasn't had an injury-free season since 2013 and I think he's plummeted off the proverbial cliff and may never get back to his best :(

Yeah, it is sad to watch. (Well not for some contributors who seem to have a pathological fixation on every one of his mistakes or missed tackles, but that's probably better left to my psychologist to unpick...will bring it up next session.... but I digress.)

But... if it wasn't him this year I struggle to work out who else we could have signed from within the Australian player base - I'd be reticent to sign a foreign marque at 5/8 as it is a such an important position we need to strengthen at options for Wallaby level. Not wanting to put the mock on Bernard Foley but he is one injury away from the Wallabies being royally f$%^&* IMHO.

I'll hold off banging the drum again for Sam Lane for the Reds as I know that is only because I am a one-eyed Marlins fan... (And no I don't mean he should be in Wallaby selection consideration, to me just a level-headed, smart 5/8 who I think deserves another shot at super level.) Serious question - who were our other options?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'll hold off banging the drum again for Sam Lane for the Reds as I know that is only because I am a one-eyed Marlins fan. (And no I don't mean he should be in Wallaby selection consideration, to me just a level-headed, smart 5/8 who I think deserves another shot at super level.) Serious question - who were our other options?
He would be someone I'd take a punt on. Did alright in his first game, tore his ACL after 4 minutes in his 2nd game and has not returned to Super Rugby level since

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'll hold off banging the drum again for Sam Lane for the Reds as I know that is only because I am a one-eyed Marlins fan. (And no I don't mean he should be in Wallaby selection consideration, to me just a level-headed, smart 5/8 who I think deserves another shot at super level.) Serious question - who were our other options?
My opinion:

Players probably good to start for a Super Rugby side:
- Ben Lucas
- Zack Holmes

Players worth a punt on:
- Sam Lane
- Sam Greene
- Andrew Deegan

Players who might be passed it but worth considering:
- Berrick Barnes
- Brock James

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Positive #1: We score more points v chiefs than last year
Positive #2: we conceded less points v chiefs than last year

Negative #1: literally everything

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My opinion:

Players probably good to start for a Super Rugby side:
- Ben Lucas
- Zack Holmes

Players worth a punt on:
- Sam Lane
- Sam Greene
- Andrew Deegan

Players who might be passed it but worth considering:
- Berrick Barnes
- Brock James

Brock James is on €300,000 a year. No way he'd come back.

I'd prefer we had Hamish Stewart starting and making the mistakes QC (Quade Cooper) is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.