• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Coaching Options for Qld Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I thimk Hedger will be the Country Coach. Meehan gone and was shithouse to boot. He was successful with Melbourne and doing a great job with Bond Uni.

The synegies with Bond, country and hedger are strong.

Reckon the QRU are just waiting for another game or two before announcing Head Coaching position will be open for Applications in 2016. RG has lost the players, the fans, and now the support of the administration. The dogs are barking

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I thimk Hedger will be the Country Coach. Meehan gone and was shithouse to boot. He was successful with Melbourne and doing a great job with Bond Uni.

The synegies with Bond, country and hedger are strong.

Reckon the QRU are just waiting for another game or two before announcing Head Coaching position will be open for Applications in 2016. RG has lost the players, the fans, and now the support of the administration. The dogs are barking

Meanwhile, for the fans and players alike, we just have this excruciating charade, however long it lasts.

T

Train Without a Station

Takes me about an hour to get down to Pizzey Park to represent the mighty Bond Pirates but a sacrifice I am willing to make!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I mentioned this in the QPR thread that I think Shane Arnold is in line for the attacking coach position with the Reds.

His role has already expanded to coaching box privileges on game day this year and he has no direct ties to any Brisbane clubs at the moment. If the Aus 20s go well I think you'll find him given a permanent role at the Reds.

IMO he fits the bill of a young up and coming coach to offset the more old school approaches of Knuckles and Stiles.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Camp Staaldrad style pre-season? Similar to what Knuckles did with the Wallabies pre-WC07.

Long bloody walk carrying 50kg packs followed up by a night bonding over copious amounts of bundy>

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I never said there was anything wrong with old school but yes Reg, a strong set piece is part of that approach and I agree with it.

To dumb it down for everyone who didn't get my point.

Knuckles, old school hard man mentality = good
Stiles, values tough forwards with strong set piece = good
Arnold, IMO innovative young coach who understands good attacking avenues and gameplans = good

You need to balance the old school toughness with people who know how to analyse current gameplans and adapt. Not saying one is better than the other, rather they need to be cohesive.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
It doesn't bode well for Woody that the Reds have a win shortly after Knuckles is on the scene.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
It doesn't bode well for Woody that the Reds have a win shortly after Knuckles is on the scene.

The whole approach of the team seemed a lot different. Lots of pick and drive earning the backs the right to go wide; a 10 who was eager to attack the line and put the defence in two minds; intelligent play by Hunt at 13; JOC (James O'Connor)'s improvisation from 15; and straight running lines. It certainly worked and all Wallaby supporters would have been enthused to see Reds players coming back into form.
Only the team will know who changed the strategy, Knuckles, the team, or RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.