• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
1st Colts
Penrith 12 Warringah 44
Northern Suburbs 48 Eastern Suburbs 5
Southern Districts 47 Eastwood 12
Sydney University 59 Parramatta 9
Randwick 31 West Harbour 12
Manly 69 Gordon 7

2nd Colts
Penrith 5 Warringah 27
Northern Suburbs 32 Eastern Suburbs 10
Southern Districts 5 Eastwood 31
Sydney University 34 Parramatta 0
Randwick 61 West Harbour 22
Manly - Bye

3rd Colts
Warringah - Bye
Northern Suburbs 31 Eastern Suburbs 0
Southern Districts 0 Eastwood 13
Sydney University 27 Parramatta 0
Randwick 66 West Harbour 5
Manly - Bye

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby...d/DrawsResults/1stGradeColtsDrawsResults.aspx

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Did any watch the 1st Colts Randwick v West Harbour game
I did. It was a fairly even contest for the first 30 minutes. Wicks back line was slick and as always, the West Harbour forwards were big and physical. It was a match where one team tried to win through the forwards and the other through the backs. Both teams were very rusty. For West Harbour their centres defended well and their back rowers were strong. For the Wicks the 9,10,11 were good, as was the Number 7.
The Wicks backs took control in the back part of the match and ran away with it. Wests were OK despite the scoreline of 30 odd to 1 0ish.

Sydney Rugby tragic

Peter Burge (5)
I did. It was a fairly even contest for the first 30 minutes. Wicks back line was slick and as always, the West Harbour forwards were big and physical. It was a match where one team tried to win through the forwards and the other through the backs. Both teams were very rusty. For West Harbour their centres defended well and their back rowers were strong. For the Wicks the 9,10,11 were good, as was the Number 7.
The Wicks backs took control in the back part of the match and ran away with it. Wests were OK despite the scoreline of 30 odd to 1 0ish.

Hey Macca
Thanks for the reply bro.
It's good to get the opinion of others .
Spoke to a few boys at church yesterday
They more or less were disappointed in the
performance , loss of the big boy Saila early on
was not good for Pirates. Unlike your comments
All the boys & even my work mates all had high praises
for the young No. 9 . worked hard , tackled well .
Also No. 3 went well in both 1sts & 2nds .
Apparently your team played pretty well .
No 10 very good

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Hey Macca
Thanks for the reply bro.
It's good to get the opinion of others .
Spoke to a few boys at church yesterday
They more or less were disappointed in the
performance , loss of the big boy Saila early on
was not good for Pirates. Unlike your comments
All the boys & even my work mates all had high praises
for the young No. 9 . worked hard , tackled well .
Also No. 3 went well in both 1sts & 2nds .
Apparently your team played pretty well .
No 10 very good
The little No 9 for Wests is a real find!
IMHO he saved at least another 4 meat pies and is as cheeky as too. Everything an opposing forward hates!!! :)
The THP that came on after 2 minutes must still be asleep today for all the work he put in. Great clubman!
As far as Wicks went, the front 3 did a great job. layed the platform for the backs blahblah. I thought Hannibal @ 6 was the pick of the loosies though for Wicks. But as Macca said too, very rusty. Who is Duck too please Macca?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
The little No 9 for Wests is a real find!
IMHO he saved at least another 4 meat pies and is as cheeky as too. Everything an opposing forward hates!!! :)
The THP that came on after 2 minutes must still be asleep today for all the work he put in. Great clubman!
As far as Wicks went, the front 3 did a great job. layed the platform for the backs blahblah. I thought Hannibal @ 6 was the pick of the loosies though for Wicks. But as Macca said too, very rusty. Who is Duck too please Macca?
agree with comments about the #9 for Wests & # 6 for the wicks. The Duck is Paris Cockinos who goes well.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
In Rugby News, available for a $5 donation at your local Shute Shield Oval on Saturdays.:)

Anyone else with all the lists has probably got some inside contacts with Rugby News or SRU, or has trawled across the club websites, although I am not sure that they all publish their team lists from First Grade to Colts 3.

HJ, there is an online version of Rugby News.

http://www.rugbynews.net.au/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^
I know that they have an online version. I don't think they put the online version up until after the Saturday games are over.

While they don't make too much money (nearly went under at the end of last year), the online archive version is typically available for download well after the weekend. They would make $0 if it was available to download before the game.

I like reading the Rugby News on game day and for $5 I reckon it is good value for money. It is not as if the owners have a champagne jetset lifestyle on the back of the outrageous profits that they make from this publication, but some of the people get a little cranky over the price when they come to the BBQ/Canteen to buy the programme.

It is like paying $4 for a can of beer or $2 for a cold soft drink at the rugby. I know that you can get it cheaper at the Coles or Bottlo down the road, as I have ordered supplies for the BBQ plenty of times before. The difference should be seen as a simple donation to the grass roots to keep our game going. Some people coming to the BBQ fail to see this point as well, and whinge like buggery as if you have asked for the title deeds to their house.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
It is like paying $4 for a can of beer or $2 for a cold soft drink at the rugby. I know that you can get it cheaper at the Coles or Bottlo down the road, as I have ordered supplies for the BBQ plenty of times before. The difference should be seen as a simple donation to the grass roots to keep our game going. Some people coming to the BBQ fail to see this point as well, and whinge like buggery as if you have asked for the title deeds to their house.
Well said, and there are some of us at Parra who, quite selflessly, make that simple donation of $4.50 a beer a number of times each home game. :) It's a bargain.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Parramatta have published a report on the Colts' matches against Sydney University on their website. Sounds like a promising start, let's hope they can build from here - Randwick will be another difficult task, and then Manly! No easy draw for our youngsters!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Some facts from the opening weekend from the NSW RU Web page. I'll leave readers to form their own conclusions.

Penrith Score Player points
1st Colts 12-44 (8)
2nd Colts 5-27 (0)

Warringah Score Player points
1st Colts 44-12 (11)
2nd Colts 27-5 (16)

Northern Suburbs Score Player points
1st Colts 48-5 (36)
2nd Colts 32-10 (29)

Eastern Suburbs Score Player points
1st Colts 5-48 (31)
2nd Colts 10-32 (17)

Southern Dist Score Player points
1st Colts 47-12 (30)
2nd Colts 5-31 (4)

Eastwood Score Player points
1st Colts 12-47 (7)
2nd Colts 31-5 (3)

Sydney Uni Score Player points
1st Colts 59-9 (40)
2nd Colts 34-0 (35)

Parramatta Score Player points
1st Colts 9-59 (14)
2nd Colts 0-34 (9)

Randwick Score Player points
1st Colts 31-12 (30)
2nd Colts 61-22 (26)

West Harbour Score Player points
1st Colts 12-31 (14)
2nd Colts 22-61 (23)

Manly Score Player points
1st Colts 69-7 (33)
2nd Colts 0-0 (?)

Gordon Score Player points
1st Colts 7-69 (0)

Points System (for Colts)
10 - Under 20 Rep in 2011/2012
6 Aust Schoolboy rep in 2012
6 More than 50% of 1st Grade Colts at a different club in 2012
4 Not an Aust resident in 2011 and 2012 and not a Aust Citizen
4 played >50% of Colts 1 games in 2012
4 played in Division 1 at Aust Schoolboys champs in 2012
4 Aust Schoolboy rep in 2011
2 All players

Discounts (one only to apply)
Family (First year only) 5 points for siblings of players that played the previous season or a son of a former player
Local (maximum of 4 points) One point per year if previously played with the club, or previously played with a local junior club U10 - Opens
Long Service (only if Aust Schoolboy rep in 2012, more than 50% 1st grade colts with another club in 2012, or Aust U20 rep in 2011/2012) - 100% discount if > 5 years with the club

Points cap only applies to starting players and fresh reserves
Points cap for 1st Colts - 40
Points cap for 2nds Colts - 35
No cap for 3rds colts
Can not go to negative points. (Discounts can only reduce value to 0)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here's another random thought from Chez Jarse.

Is there any club that has more than 15 reserves for their 3rd grade Colts team?
Hint - I know of at least one club that would go very close.

How about they form as that clubs Colts 3B team and play in the vacant Gordon Colts 3 slot?
This way an extra 30 kids get a game of footy each week. No competition points at stake.

Perhaps two clubs with large numbers on the books for Colts 3 could produce a Barbarians Team to take up the vacant Gordon Colts 3 slot. The Barbarians Team list would vary each week depending on injuries, and obviously priority would go to the "home" team Colts 3 team but the respective clubs could agree on their "spare" player numbers to form that weeks Barbarians Colts 3 after Thurdsay training each week.

This game could even be played on a Friday night under lights, so the "home clubs" still have a half dozen or so reserves for their Colts 3's on Saturdays.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For those who have played more than 50% Colts 1 the previous year, I have always thought that 6 points for changing clubs was very harsh.

Stag XV

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some facts from the opening weekend from the NSW RU Web page. I'll leave readers to form their own conclusions.

Penrith Score Player points
1st Colts 12-44 (8)
2nd Colts 5-27 (0)

Warringah Score Player points
1st Colts 44-12 (11)
2nd Colts 27-5 (16)

Northern Suburbs Score Player points
1st Colts 48-5 (36)
2nd Colts 32-10 (29)

Eastern Suburbs Score Player points
1st Colts 5-48 (31)
2nd Colts 10-32 (17)

Southern Dist Score Player points
1st Colts 47-12 (30)
2nd Colts 5-31 (4)

Eastwood Score Player points
1st Colts 12-47 (7)
2nd Colts 31-5 (3)

Sydney Uni Score Player points
1st Colts 59-9 (40)
2nd Colts 34-0 (35)

Parramatta Score Player points
1st Colts 9-59 (14)
2nd Colts 0-34 (9)

Randwick Score Player points
1st Colts 31-12 (30)
2nd Colts 61-22 (26)

West Harbour Score Player points
1st Colts 12-31 (14)
2nd Colts 22-61 (23)

Manly Score Player points
1st Colts 69-7 (33)
2nd Colts 0-0 (?)

Gordon Score Player points
1st Colts 7-69 (0)

Points System (for Colts)
10 - Under 20 Rep in 2011/2012
6 Aust Schoolboy rep in 2012
6 More than 50% of 1st Grade Colts at a different club in 2012
4 Not an Aust resident in 2011 and 2012 and not a Aust Citizen
4 played >50% of Colts 1 games in 2012
4 played in Division 1 at Aust Schoolboys champs in 2012
4 Aust Schoolboy rep in 2011
2 All players

Discounts (one only to apply)
Family (First year only) 5 points for siblings of players that played the previous season or a son of a former player
Local (maximum of 4 points) One point per year if previously played with the club, or previously played with a local junior club U10 - Opens
Long Service (only if Aust Schoolboy rep in 2012, more than 50% 1st grade colts with another club in 2012, or Aust U20 rep in 2011/2012) - 100% discount if > 5 years with the club

Points cap only applies to starting players and fresh reserves
Points cap for 1st Colts - 40
Points cap for 2ns Colts - 35
No cap for 3rds colts
Can not go to negative points. (Discounts can only reduce value to 0)
Uni have done a great job to be able to land exactly on the points limit for both games. I am actually hoping all is legitimate because that is quite a feat!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This "penalty" is the same as that applied to the "early bloomer" who makes Aust Schoolboys and is parachuted into Colts 1 in their fisrt year out of school.

Given that the average kid only does 2 years in Colts (under 20's) (as an 18 turning 19 yo , and 19 turning 20 yo), this is an anti-poaching 6 point "penalty" for a late bloomer who goes straight into Colts 1 first year out of school and then does so well for that selected club that they become attractive to other clubs.

It kind of reinforces that the initial Colts registration is actually 2 year decision (for the rock stars - early or late blooming variety).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Uni have done a great job to be able to land exactly on the points limit for both games. I am actually hoping all is legitimate because that is quite a feat!

This explains Inside Shoulder's earlier observation of some pretty good talent being listed in Uni's 2nd Colts team. The Player Points system don't allow them to play 1st grade, but they can play off the bench as a non-fresh reserve without any points penalty.

Uni have a very slick operation and would not do a "Randwick" and bugger up the points. I reckon that their records would stand any independent scrutiny.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
HJ Said
"Is there any club that has more than 15 reserves for their 3rd grade Colts team?
Hint - I know of at least one club that would go very close".

from what I have seen, I think Eastwood would be in this group!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^That is two then.

Meanwhile Gordon and Penrith struggle.

There is nothing more disheartening to an enthusiastic kid, who has given their all at training, than sitting on a bench as reserve #11 knowing that the rules only allow a maximum of 10 substitutions to be made.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
HJ Said
"Is there any club that has more than 15 reserves for their 3rd grade Colts team?
Hint - I know of at least one club that would go very close".

from what I have seen, I think Eastwood would be in this group!
I remember when Gordon used to run to a 5ths!! In colts
and a future Tah and a future Brumby/Wallaby had to settle for 4ths!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom