• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Manly are a class act and obviously have Warringah's respect as 1st colts have been well accounted for previously but hey finals footy is like a different competition. Let's hope the week off for Manly causes a few issues while the young Rats continue the momentum. :)

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
If the Warringah forwards can step up another notch and at least hold the southeners, I think the rats backs may have the edge.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
If the Warringah forwards can step up another notch and at least hold the southeners, I think the rats backs may have the edge.
?? is manly now could the Southerners ??
I wish I could be at 2 places at once, would have been great if colts were playing Saturday. Big call Rats backs having the edge when there's 3 Aust. U 20s in the Marlins backline.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
I didn't think players could cross between colts & grade for finals? Or is coming off a bench a different proposition?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are there any ISA or CAS boys qualified to play in the Colts finals now that their season has finished?

I have seen a fair smattering of CHS and the odd CCC boy on the Colts team lists but not too many ISA or CAS boys "during the schools season".

Clubs would be out to attract the talent graduating from this years Yr 12 cohort.

The Raging Potato

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predictions for the weekend...

3rd Colts

Sat: Eastwood v Uni - Uni to win a physical encounter by 10. Woodies will not lie down but ultimately Uni with too much class.

Sun: Easts v Norths - Tight affair that could go either way. Norths to sneak it by 3.

2nd Colts

Sat: Uni v Easts - Easts to cause the upset of the round with a close win over Uni by a try.

Sun: Eastwood v Manly - Woodies to get there comfortably by 15 to 20 points.

1st Colts

Sat: Uni v Souths - Can only see one way traffic. Finals will stem the tide a bit but Uni by 25.

Sun: Manly v Warringah - Forget the derby factor, these two are miles apart. Manly by 40.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Are there any ISA or CAS boys qualified to play in the Colts finals now that their season has finished?

I have seen a fair smattering of CHS and the odd CCC boy on the Colts team lists but not too many ISA or CAS boys "during the schools season".

Clubs would be out to attract the talent graduating from this years Yr 12 cohort.
Huugh, I dont think any CAS or ISA 1st or 2nd XV would be qualified nor even registered with any of the clubs. School policy dictates that they must play for their school on a Saturday so they can't even register for the club.

Given how Auggies went yesterday and during the year I can only see Manly continuing to be strong in Colts for the next two years

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Probs for the Colts 2014 thread but do Auggies graduates traditionally head towards MMM or are they split between Rats and MMM, with the odd "Tribal traitor" playing for "others"?

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Probs for the Colts 2014 thread but do Auggies graduates traditionally head towards MMM or are they split between Rats and MMM, with the odd "Tribal traitor" playing for "others"?
I would say that MMM would get most of the Auggies squad. This recruitment is dependent on the front office relationships of MMM or Rats at the time etc Auggies players may be after some form of incentive if it can be arranged but that seems the norm these days.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Predictions for the weekend.

3rd Colts

Sat: Eastwood v Uni - Uni to win a physical encounter by 10. Woodies will not lie down but ultimately Uni with too much class.

Sun: Easts v Norths - Tight affair that could go either way. Norths to sneak it by 3.

2nd Colts

Sat: Uni v Easts - Easts to cause the upset of the round with a close win over Uni by a try.

Sun: Eastwood v Manly - Woodies to get there comfortably by 15 to 20 points.

1st Colts

Sat: Uni v Souths - Can only see one way traffic. Finals will stem the tide a bit but Uni by 25.

Sun: Manly v Warringah - Forget the derby factor, these two are miles apart. Manly by 40.
Interesting that the 1st colts finals games are 1 v 7 and 2 v 8 and this makes you wonder how this could happen as it has been suggested that the 8 team finals system is bit of a joke
When you look at both Souths and Rats 2nd and 3rd colts teams none made the top 8 so both clubs had limited depth which makes it difficult when injuries etc hit during the regular season.
Obviously both clubs had good 1st colts level players and must be now close to full strength so maybe the best from both sides has not been seen?

The Raging Potato

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting that the 1st colts finals games are 1 v 7 and 2 v 8 and this makes you wonder how this could happen as it has been suggested that the 8 team finals system is bit of a joke
When you look at both Souths and Rats 2nd and 3rd colts teams none made the top 8 so both clubs had limited depth which makes it difficult when injuries etc hit during the regular season.
Obviously both clubs had good 1st colts level players and must be now close to full strength so maybe the best from both sides has not been seen?
A look at the ladders tells the story pretty accurately. In 3rds the top 4 are in the final 4. In 2nds 3 of the top 4 are in the final 4. The difference in 1sts is that you have the top two, then everyone else...

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
A look at the ladders tells the story pretty accurately. In 3rds the top 4 are in the final 4. In 2nds 3 of the top 4 are in the final 4. The difference in 1sts is that you have the top two, then everyone else.

That would be a rather accurate assessment, 1 & 2 even had the same number of wins and losses.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
I would say that MMM would get most of the Auggies squad. This recruitment is dependent on the front office relationships of MMM or Rats at the time etc Auggies players may be after some form of incentive if it can be arranged but that seems the norm these days.

MMM's have,in recent years,dominated recruitment from St Augustine's simply because of a better offering $ only a minimal factor. Rats have woken up and have far more junior clubs under their notional sphere of influence north of Brookvale and are hitting back. That said people have long memories and it hasn't been forgotten that Rats affiliated clubs tried to f#@& St Augtines over when they wanted to try and remain in village comp (Friday and Sunday games ) and get started in ISA. The sins of the godfathers visited upon the sons. Love rugby administrators in their own dung heap.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
There are a number of kids at Auggies this year that live/ are from way north of brookvale eg. Mona vale/Newport etc. don't be surprised for it to be more of an even split between Manly & the Rats next year with where they choose to play than previous years

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Students apparently won all three grades today at Forshaw Park according to the ABC Shute Shield coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.