• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Manly beat Warringah 49-17 and were deserved winners in a clash which unfortunately didn't live up to expectations. Warringah getting to within a win from a GF spot was pleasing. The coaching staff and players of 1st colts at Warringah should be proud of this achievement. Now for 1v2 for the premiership I'm going for an upset Manly win next week!

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
Yesterdays match South's vs the students score didn't reflect the actual game. Students are vulnerable in the forwards - seem to rely on the speed of their two wingers - awesome to watch in full flight - however they had a lot of ball pilfered from them by a more enthusiastic bunch.

Manly need to look out for the forward who says go on hit me (respond as you may) and of course the hair puller - watch out Fabian Natoli.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Now for 1v2 for the premiership I'm going for an upset Manly win next week![/quote said:
I don't think it's an upset. There isn't a great deal between the teams. Earlier this year Manly beat Uni by about 18 points at Uni. I suppose most still look to Uni's aura of invincibility in finals but this Manly team is just as good.

I believe the back lines will cancel each other out and Manly will restrict their kicking game to limit the counter-attack opportunities for the Uni back three. Manly will win it through their forwards with their back row being the difference between the sides

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Yes I agree with your comment, maybe not an upset but Uni just seem to win at the pointy end of the season. Manly's back row are good, there number 8 who cleaned up from the back of the scrum yesterday and then proceeded to pop a great pass to a flying & direct no 10 leading to a try was sensational to watch from a rugby prospective not from a Rat view point. It will be a close encounter and a worthy GF

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
There are a number of kids at Auggies this year that live/ are from way north of brookvale eg. Mona vale/Newport etc. don't be surprised for it to be more of an even split between Manly & the Rats next year with where they choose to play than previous years
That accords with my mail and I don't think Manly believes for a minute it has developed a mortgage on St Augustine's players. The good showing by Rats colts at the back end of the season will help in the recruitment battle .

Its not all about future stars either the St Augustines alumni since the first Waratah Shield win in 2008 has well and truly contributed to MMM's still standing in 1,2 and 3's in the elimination finals this week.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
There's also a couple of star players there that are of a strong league background & hopefully they choose rugby to play in colts instead of the Sea Eagles or
Some other NRL club. Hayden Cochrane (St Aug fullback) is one & the other
Is Joey Lussick at Newington. Both Rats juniors. Would be great for rugby
If they kept at it

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes the good burghers of Brookie have grown to see the value of an Augustinian/Papahatzis education even if it has only a springboard to Newington or Scots in some cases in recent years ;) but seem to revert to the fold after the spruce up ! It would indeed be great to see them stay in rugby even as Rats !!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
GF - Manly V Uni

1. Rory O’Connor 2. Ben Carolan 3. Alex Brand 4. Matt Philip 5. Karel Lloyd 6. Rhys Dombkins 7. Ethan Uili 8. Vinnie Baranyi 9. Fabian Natoli 10. Reece Hodge 11. Alex Northam 12. Lalakai Foketi 13. Ryan Squires 14. Benson Fakai 15. Mike Howard 16. Scott White 17. Siotame Kavapalu 18. Tomas Antozzi 19. James Kingston 20. Henry Tier 21. Nic Smart 22. Jack Eades 23. Rob Arnold 24. Ryan Taylor-Dennehy.

First GF appearance since 2001.
Uni have won 10 of the last 11.

Boys take them down

A Forest Coachlines supporters’ bus will be leaving from the Raglan Street gate to the Oval at 1.00pm. All welcome to come on board on the basis of first there, first on board.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
GF - Manly V Uni

1. Rory O’Connor 2. Ben Carolan 3. Alex Brand 4. Matt Philip 5. Karel Lloyd 6. Rhys Dombkins 7. Ethan Uili 8. Vinnie Baranyi 9. Fabian Natoli 10. Reece Hodge 11. Alex Northam 12. Lalakai Foketi 13. Ryan Squires 14. Benson Fakai 15. Mike Howard 16. Scott White 17. Siotame Kavapalu 18. Tomas Antozzi 19. James Kingston 20. Henry Tier 21. Nic Smart 22. Jack Eades 23. Rob Arnold 24. Ryan Taylor-Dennehy.

First GF appearance since 2001.
Uni have won 10 of the last 11.

Boys take them down

A Forest Coachlines supporters’ bus will be leaving from the Raglan Street gate to the Oval at 1.00pm. All welcome to come on board on the basis of first there, first on board.
Never thought I'd say this... go Manly!!!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tea leaves looking good for MMM.

3rds Colts GF to Beasts over Uni by 21 - 15.

Scrappy match by all accounts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ABC reporting Students win 1sts Colts over MMM by 36-35 (highlights on tomorrows ABC coverage of MMM v Eastwood apparently)

Students 25 Eastwood 12 in 2nd Grade Colts.

Beasts spoil Uni Treble in 3rd grade Colts.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
ABC reporting Students win 1sts Colts over MMM by 36-35 (highlights on tomorrows ABC coverage of MMM v Eastwood apparently)

Students 25 Eastwood 12 in 2nd Grade Colts.

Beasts spoil Uni Treble in 3rd grade Colts.
Yeah against 14 men, a waived away kick that appeared to go over, and some dubious re f calls.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Must have been a cracker of a game.

Any Forshaw Park correspondents home yet?
Lost by one, down 2 Australian u20s for 60 minutes of the game, MMM hung tight and the team held it with scholarship stars.

Manlys 6, 7, 8 (come 12), sensational games.

Possibly some one else would like to comment on the ref.

Rugbyfish

Stan Wickham (3)
Manly were the better side all day. A big call on one of the tries for uni looked like a pretty clear knock from where I was sitting

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Heroic performance from the Manly boys, playing 70 minutes with a man down (rightfully) and losing another key player to injury. To go down by a single point is a moral victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.