• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Magoo

I think it's fair to say Franky is merely lamenting a change to a more money centric club culture, but perhaps to the wrong person.

Meanwhile Jonathan Walsh is merely wanting to be paid for services rendered, which is fair enough.

I myself was with a club for a long period and was offered a job working for them. I did that job for a long period and so a large sum was owed to me. However, it was paid 8 months too late and not to the full amount. Needless to say the club and I no longer have an association as this is disrespectful.

Clubs don't have to offer people money, but they often do because they want a job done well (this can be players, coaches, barmen, etc). If they create an obligation and don't meet it then it's just like any other organisation.

Yep agree if a club enters into a contract to pay money for services or reimbursement of expenses then they should honor that agreement.
However Jonathon do not lose hope there are still many people at the club level that give thousands of hours to keep the club afloat. I look at many of the clubs like Parra, Manly and Wests (just to name a few) that have coaches and support staff that work hard with only the on field gain.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Colts this year, Norths have been recruiting heavily and may have a few unhappy incumbents. Parra have from a few reports recruited most of Oakhill college.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^^ A strong and competetive Parramatta Colts will ultimately be beneficial for Heavensgame in the long term.

If they can attract and retain some of the Oakhill boys and retain some of their own juniors, they will b e in a good place.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Well thats telling it like it was and that's coming from somebody on the inside at Warringah looking out. Amen
You Rat supporters are cruel to your own. Public executions and floggings are not pretty. I saw Warringah Colts play once last year and thought they were very competitive. This year will be interesting as I hear of a lot of teams are recruiting well, former powerhouses losing many to grade and therefore expect the competition to be close amongst the teams behind Uni.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
From all Reports im getting from my former club one of Wade Kellys biggest draw cards was his ability to bring in some good quality young guys to the club through his connections with Scots. The Colts at Randwick also have a few back and should be pretty tough to beat.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
From all Reports im getting from my former club one of Wade Kellys biggest draw cards was his ability to bring in some good quality young guys to the club through his connections with Scots. The Colts at Randwick also have a few back and should be pretty tough to beat.
It shall be interesting to see what happens to the players that the Coach also manages as well as those Colts going to grade to play second fiddle to these boys. A few might be looking for new clubs,

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It shall be interesting to see what happens to the players that the Coach also manages as well as those Colts going to grade to play second fiddle to these boys. A few might be looking for new clubs,
Oh ok right didnt realise this was the case. What players are managed by Kelly?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Oh ok right didnt realise this was the case. What players are managed by Kelly?
see "Stallions Management Group" web site in google - that lists the players. Incidentally so far I am hearing that all is well in the Randwick camp and that Mr Kelly is well regarded. Players I know tell me the training is well run.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Everyone is always happy in January.
No one has missed a tackle or dropped a ball.
But more importantly no one has been dropped.
If the coach is not well regarded in January, you are looking at a long, long year.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Everyone is always happy in January.
No one has missed a tackle or dropped a ball.
But more importantly no one has been dropped.
If the coach is not well regarded in January, you are looking at a long, long year.
Yeah - that sure is right. Incidentally the new Wicks !st Colts coach is also getting good wraps.

G

GPS_zerg_OVERLORD

Any news on where all the GPS boys are heading after recently finishing school ??

B

BellyTwoBlues

for the doubters, we had 57 players at colts training on tuesday, and another 15 who we knew weren't going to be there. not getting ahead of ourselves yet, but 57 on a tuesday after 104mm of rain overnight in january is very encouraging

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
for the doubters, we had 57 players at colts training on tuesday, and another 15 who we knew weren't going to be there. not getting ahead of ourselves yet, but 57 on a tuesday after 104mm of rain overnight in january is very encouraging
well done Parra - I reckon you will do well

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
See post #82.

Good signs from the outer inner west clubs.

Numbers like those quoted kind of thumbs the nose at the establishment clubs who are seeking to quarantine all the stars (Folau, Barnes et al) in their own stable.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
The results at Manly should be a lesson to all. They haven't come about as a result of any quick fix or miracle solution, but they have been a culmination of about 10-12 years of hard work by past and present committee, coaches and volunteers.

Manly village clubs are also going ahead in leaps and bounds and in 2013, Allambie Heights JRC is being re-established after folding about 15 -20 years ago. This brings the number of village clubs in the tiny geographic area of Manly to 5 and rugby on the peninsula now has about the same number of junior clubs as Manly-Warringah league - an astonishing achievement considering the resources available to a professional NRL club to 2 semi-pro/amateur Shute Shield clubs.

I was disappointed to read on this thread that at least 3 clubs; Parra, Penrith and Gordon could not field 3 colts teams last year. Ten years ago EVERY team in the competition fielded 4 grades of colts, with 4th grade being U/19s. The folly of removing 4th grade/u19 colts is now apparent, all it did was to weaken the grade above. Another stunning decision by NSWRU.
Word is as a result of Saturdays rego day the Mighty Allambie Jets will be fielding teams for the first time in 20 years. Great news for the code in an area where soccer and league have had a free rein for too long. I look forward to seeing one of those kids run out for the Marlinsin the future!

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Any news on where all the GPS boys are heading after recently finishing school ??
While still producing good usually well coached players the GPS comp is less relevant as a recruiting ground these days methinks. Really pleased to hear all the good oil coming re Parramatta's colts. Finally just to ramp up the debate a lazy hundy says a Uni v Manly Colts GF this year but I'm not breaking cover too early on the result

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
While still producing good usually well coached players the GPS comp is less relevant as a recruiting ground these days methinks. Really pleased to hear all the good oil coming re Parramatta's colts. Finally just to ramp up the debate a lazy hundy says a Uni v Manly Colts GF this year but I'm not breaking cover too early on the result
Parra will be fit, enthusiastic and disciplined (hear the collective cheer) but relatively young this year. Some very good former 17's and schoolboys, plus two 'walk ins' that played Samoa U19's and Auckland Blues Academy but as we know it's a massive step up to 1st Colts.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah - that sure is right. Incidentally the new Wicks !st Colts coach is also getting good wraps.
Who is the gentleman in charge here? Prepared to deal with this wonderful age of men.

Also has anyone heardnabout Aus 20's Squads of late?

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Word is as a result of Saturdays rego day the Mighty Allambie Jets will be fielding teams for the first time in 20 years. Great news for the code in an area where soccer and league have had a free rein for too long. I look forward to seeing one of those kids run out for the Marlinsin the future!
According to their web site , West Harbour will have 2 new junior clubs this year.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Manly with Natoli, Hodge, Foketi and Northam in the backline should be able to score a few points. They have also got several other returning 1sts players.

Status
Not open for further replies.