• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Country v B&I Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I hope he is alright too, but I have to be honest, I was yelling at the TV for McKenzie to take him off, the other night (and I don't do that often) - I thought he was having a shocker - particularly in the 1st half.

goneskis: http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/9466/Default.aspx
Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 3.31.56 PM.png

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, but a group of players are going to get the experience of their life (in a good way). As others have pointed out, the score is irrelevant. So long as the players who have been picked are physically able to meet the demands of their position then good luck to them.

I bet none of them would hand the jersey back if you gave them the option.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Can they do better than Western Australia?... thankfully, there are only 80 minutes.

anyhow - its good! - we might uncover a 'bolter' like they used to in the good 'ol days of Amatuer Rugby... from the Woolshed to the 'Gabba, in a couple of weekends...

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnn... Queensland-and-New-South-Wales-Country-Sort-of-But Not-Completely-and some-Super-Blokes-and-some-Otherrrrrrssssssssssssssssss!

Yeah Man!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
No one supporting the CC side is going to give a single fuck about the game getting ugly. I'd rather see a CC side (of sorts) play against the Lions at Hunter Stadium & get smashed then see the Tahs play them in a tighter contest.

I went to a charity game tonight that was run between Newcastle BaaBaas & Durham Uni from England who are touring with the Lions. x2 Games. Ben Darwin still got it & at 42 Tim Brasher is still so damn quick. Good pre night of fun before the big one tomorrow night.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And I am 1/125000 th of a World Record - Crowd for a Rugby Match. July 2000 Bledisloe Cup match at Olympic Stadium.

I care not about my 1/125000th part of the world record. It was simply a mighty fine match of footy that I was lucky to be there on the night.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
My nephew is starting loose head. this was his take on it.
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/date-with-touring-lions-all-seems-a-bit-surreal/1895242/

I am nervous as hell for him, but at the same time proud that he has this opportunity. Thankful too that the game is televised in the States. must get to bed so I can get up at 4:30am to watch the game!

Good luck to Haydn, I'll be cheering for him.

I'm off soon to watch the pre game NSW Country v QLD Country 4:30 our time. I think the main event at least is being called on ABC radio too.

Just another good article, this time on Evans. I don't know if I already posted it.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1563303/family-tradition-playing-in-lions-den/?cs=306

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
My nephew is starting loose head. this was his take on it.
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/date-with-touring-lions-all-seems-a-bit-surreal/1895242/

I am nervous as hell for him, but at the same time proud that he has this opportunity. Thankful too that the game is televised in the States. must get to bed so I can get up at 4:30am to watch the game!

Judging by his photo, sauli, your nephew was born to play front row, although he looks as if he belongs more on the other side of the scrum.

After seeing him for the first time I'll bet his parents were relieved to be told he wasn't a girl.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Country Player profiles

Attachments

• Combined Country profiles.pdf
    959.7 KB · Views: 488

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
For anyone going who gets to see the curtain raiser, could you let me know how the Qld country fullback goes (Lee Anderson).

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Just want to wish the lads playing in the Cam Blades Invitational XV all the best. I hope the Heelers v Cockatoos game is taped as well. Go Heelers (somewhat belatedly) and hope the "Combined Country" team gives the Lions heaps.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rod Kafer commenting on Country's options when they had a penalty 5 metres out from the Lions' line, advocated they should just tap and go: "You're a 50-50 chance to score." And he's supposed to be the bright one in the commentary team.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
When we left Brisbane on Sunday morning, the gate next to us had a flight for Newcastle and a bloke on it in a combined country track suit. I recognised him as 19 and he is one big unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.