1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Finsbury Girl, Sep 23, 2019.

1. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

This is what Adam Zampa thought of the pitch.

Zamps.jpg
  2. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

I reckon that street he's standing on would have generated more variation than the track that Shield game was played on. Can we just ban Victoria from hosting games for a few years?
  3. Brumby Runner Rod McCall (65)

Ignoring the Vic/SA game, some good early batting form shown by Warner, Hughes, Burns, Labuschagne, 2 x Marsh, Stoinis and Paine.

Vic batsmen will need to show form away from Melbourne.
    The_Brown_Hornet likes this.
  4. Finsbury Girl Vay Wilson (31)

I second the call to ban the Victorians...from everything. In fact let's boot them out of the Federation.
  5. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Mitchell Starc with match figures of 10/60 against Tasmania has bounced right back after a poor first round of the Shield. Strong chance of a recall for the first test of the Summer in conditions that suit him.
    The_Brown_Hornet likes this.
  6. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Yep, if he's in any decent of form he'll be picked. It's good having a well stocked cupboard of fast bowlers.
  7. Up the Guts Tony Shaw (54)

Meredith also picking up five in NSW's first innings including Steve Smith (albeit on 106). Definitely on selectors' radar as one for the future.
  8. Brumby Runner Rod McCall (65)

Great to see Jhye Richardson back taking wickets. Reckon he's the next best after Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood and Pattinson. As you say, a well stocked cupboard.
    The_Brown_Hornet and RugbyReg like this.
  9. Finsbury Girl Vay Wilson (31)

If we could play with XI bowlers we'd be sweet.

Best depth of quality fast and medium pacers in aeons.

Spinners another story.
  10. Up the Guts Tony Shaw (54)

T-20 World Cup prep off to a good start with an absolute thrashing of Sri Lanka:

Aus 2-232 (Warner 100*(56), Finch 64(36), Maxwell 62(28)) def Sri Lanka 9-99 (Zampa 3-14)
    Froggy, Hound and The_Brown_Hornet like this.
  11. Finsbury Girl Vay Wilson (31)

Yeah wow saw the highlights. Some awesome shots and the Big (No)Show turned up in style. Such a shame he could never really maximise that talent at test level, though I still suppose there still a small chance he can.
  12. Finsbury Girl Vay Wilson (31)

Genuinely sad to hear about Maxi. Hopefully he can bounce back.
  13. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Yeah me too. Never like seeing someone struggle and I've warmed to Maxi as a bloke over the last few years. Seems like a good guy.
    Hound and RugbyReg like this.
  14. lincoln Bob Loudon (25)

Australia A's top order collapsing against Pakistan - not a good audition for four test hopefuls after Pakistan made batting look easy.
  15. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Yeah Burns getting a golden globe and Harris something similar isn't ideal.
  16. Hound Fred Wood (13)

Not only top order the whole team. Bancroft top scored with 49. Hope the second dig, if we get one, the boys show some form. BTW the Pakistan team is looking pretty good. Should be a good first test at the Gabba.
  17. Finsbury Girl Vay Wilson (31)

absolute barry crocker. Poor Joe batting himself out of contention :(
  18. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

The good news is that we only have to select two of these players!
  19. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

I think on the weight of runs through the last couple of seasons I would be picking Pucovski and then raffle for the other openers spot. I have a feeling that Harris will get it, but I still think he's mediocre.
  20. Brumby Runner Rod McCall (65)

I think there would be more potential for success with Joe Burns to open in place of Harris, Hornet. As you say, Harris looks to be mediocre and mostly scores either poorly or mediocrely. If Burns gets going, he is more likely to turn in a high score around 100 or more.

Is Kurtis Patterson still out of the picture with injury?