• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thanks for posting those vids. Really enjoyed them.. I'm a bit over the WC though. It has gone on too long

It certainly has for anyone not from the subcontinent! All gooooonnneee!
Sri Lanka to win and spare us from India or Pakistan winning it.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just going back a bit, I stayed up and watched the NZ v SA game and the crap Faf du Plessis copped after the run out mishap was pretty disgusting from the New Zealanders. Till that point I was a neutral but after that I was hoping SA would get up. Yes, I know its competitive but there is a line. Hardly anything was mentioned about it in the press which I find amusing, had it of been Australia people would not be shutting up about it for decades.

http://www.crickblog.com/entry/new-...charging-faf-du-plessis-for-abs-run-out-pics/

For that I was happy to see Sri Lanka win the other night. Their middle order had a bit of a collapse which is a worry as well as the injuries but I still think they have what it takes to win it. I would like to see a Sri Lanka v India final.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Why does everyone want Sri Lanka over India?

India have the captain that I respect the most in world cricket (when you consider what he has to deal with), and the probably my most respected player ever in Tendulkar.

Sure they also have H. Singh, but I tend to try and ignore him.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Just going back a bit, I stayed up and watched the NZ v SA game and the crap Faf du Plessis copped after the run out mishap was pretty disgusting from the New Zealanders. Till that point I was a neutral but after that I was hoping SA would get up. Yes, I know its competitive but there is a line. Hardly anything was mentioned about it in the press which I find amusing, had it of been Australia people would not be shutting up about it for decades.

http://www.crickblog.com/entry/new-...charging-faf-du-plessis-for-abs-run-out-pics/

For that I was happy to see Sri Lanka win the other night. Their middle order had a bit of a collapse which is a worry as well as the injuries but I still think they have what it takes to win it. I would like to see a Sri Lanka v India final.

that's pretty poor for the 12th man to get in on it too. just bring the drinks and shut your mouth.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Well, that's splendid. Ireland out of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Doesn't matter a buggery about improving, or growing the game, or what we could do had we Eoin Morgan to go with other guys nicked by England; nope, closed shop, thanks for coming, bye bye.

Dear ICC,

Fuck. You.

Yours, etc.,

The Good of World Cricket.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well, that's splendid. Ireland out of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. Doesn't matter a buggery about improving, or growing the game, or what we could do had we Eoin Morgan to go with other guys nicked by England; nope, closed shop, thanks for coming, bye bye.

Dear ICC,

Fuck. You.

Yours, etc.,

The Good of World Cricket.

To me it smacks of trying to protect the dominance of the 'member' nations, trying to keep the status quo. Obviously there is a fear of competition. Ireland should take it as a complement that they've been seen as real enough of a threat to be dismissed like this (they have every right to be pissed off at the same time though). The response from the Irish team should be to focus on belting the member nations in the 20/20, they should have a large amount of motivation to be up for that now, if it was me my motivation would be at capacity.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Why does everyone want Sri Lanka over India?

India have the captain that I respect the most in world cricket (when you consider what he has to deal with), and the probably my most respected player ever in Tendulkar.

Sure they also have H. Singh, but I tend to try and ignore him.

Their media, fans and a couple of their players would be the reasons. In other words, exactly the same reasons why people hated us for the longest time.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
To me it smacks of trying to protect the dominance of the 'member' nations, trying to keep the status quo. Obviously there is a fear of competition. Ireland should take it as a complement that they've been seen as real enough of a threat to be dismissed like this (they have every right to be pissed off at the same time though). The response from the Irish team should be to focus on belting the member nations in the 20/20, they should have a large amount of motivation to be up for that now, if it was me my motivation would be at capacity.

If the status quo were the current top ten - or, indeed, that of pretty much the last four years - Ireland would be in, ahead of Zimbabwe. Instead, the sign has been put up: "Closed Shop; No Vacancies."

It's a pretty disgraceful fix. No matter how much you improve, no matter how much you spread the game, no matter that you deserve on proven merit to be one of the ten, you won't be let in.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
'Status quo' probably wasnt the right words I was looking for. I was pretty much trying to say they want to keep the teams they believe (arrogantly) should be the top ten, just because historically they've been there rather than the ones that are there currently.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Yep....pathetic from NZ....poor, poor sportsmanship....

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just picked up a couple of tickets to the Adelaide 1/4 Final next year.

Should be good to go check out the rebuilt stadium at a big game. Maybe get a few MV Beers in too.

Plus bit easier to justify the ticket prices for QF compared to Grand Final.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Just picked up a couple of tickets to the Adelaide 1/4 Final next year.

Should be good to go check out the rebuilt stadium at a big game. Maybe get a few MV Beers in too.

Plus bit easier to justify the ticket prices for QF compared to Grand Final.

Was going to pick up tickets to some of the Ireland games, didn't see the point really none of our games will be in high demand. Couldn't believe the final/SF ticket prices when I checked out of interest.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Couldn't believe the final/SF ticket prices when I checked out of interest.

Is there much interest at all in the CWC? Might as well give away the tickets to games such as England vs Afghanistan at the SCG. The finals prices are pretty expensive. Save the $$$ and go to a pub.

The Members of the various cricket grounds can't be too happy either as they have to pay for the privilege of going to these games as the CWC organisers aren't recognising membership rights.

The Super Rugby season will be in full swing by the time it reaches the end. So will anyone care, especially if Australia gets knocked out before the final.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is there much interest at all in the CWC? Might as well give away the tickets to games such as England vs Afghanistan at the SCG. The finals prices are pretty expensive. Save the $$$ and go to a pub.

The Members of the various cricket grounds can't be too happy either as they have to pay for the privilege of going to these games as the CWC organisers aren't recognising membership rights.

The Super Rugby season will be in full swing by the time it reaches the end. So will anyone care, especially if Australia gets knocked out before the final.

I don't think local interest is that high.

A lot of the pool matches do look rubbish. Not sure if I'll bother going to any of the Gabba games.

NZ v Aus at Eden Park and Aus v Eng at the MCG are probably the pick of the pool matches.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tickets on sale today guys and gals.

For those in Brisbane, get in quick for the Ireland v UAE game!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not that I am too much of a fan of Limited Attention Span Cricket, or have been following the goings on in Bangladesh too much, and as much as I am the Vice President of the local Chapter of the ABE club and rejoice in any victory by anyone over England, in anything, how the hell does The Netherlands beat England at the World T20 Cup without John the Bookie being involved?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not that I am too much of a fan of Limited Attention Span Cricket, or have been following the goings on in Bangladesht oo much, and as much as I am the Vice President of the local Chapter of the ABE club and rejoice in any victory by anyone over England, in anything, how the hell does The Netherlands beat England at the World T20 Cup without John the Bookie being involved?

Cause its T20 and anything can happen. They came very close to doing the Boks too.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And our young folk in the recent Under 19's world cup (I think it was proper cricket) were cleaned up by Afghanistan. What is the world coming to?

Are we likely to see Afghanistan as a Fringe test nation soon?

As great an honour it would be to wear Baggy Green, I'm not sure that I'd want one of my sons to be selected for the Touring Squad to Afghanistan.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And our young folk in the recent Under 19's world cup (I think it was proper cricket) were cleaned up by Afghanistan. What is the world coming to?

Are we likely to see Afghanistan as a Fringe test nation soon?

As great an honour it would be to wear Baggy Green, I'm not sure that I'd want one of my sons to be selected for the Touring Squad to Afghanistan.

they will play Australia in Perth at the CWC in March next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.