• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Brumbies Rnd12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Here's a possibly dumb question, but is the threat of the offload so strong that no one wants to tackle low ??!? It seems that everyone is still going high in an attempt to wrap up the ball and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not too upset by that game.. We got beat by a good team at home...give us stuff to work on. I think in Canberra they will struggle.. Game on :).

Oh and we didn't really play Chuck Norris ..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They looked like they did against the Rebels, which was also off the back of a big win.........

Hopefully they'll bounce back next week against the Shorks..........

Plus Fotu will be back!

Reactions: mst

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Cru played great but I thought the Brums were a bit Unlucky with some of those scrim calls, Particularly in the first half.

The only positive is the result may steel the brumbies for the sharks match next week. Also McVerry and McCabe played well of the bench.

Surprisingly not a bad match to watch from anyone's perspective.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep it's basically not releasing the player once tackled.

IMHO its the part of Jacksons refereeing I really loath and influences the results of games - for all the good of letting a game flow (which is good) he lets things go too much go and players tend then to continue to push the boundaries harder and more often and are less fearful of things like not releasing. offside, hands in ruck's.general slowing of the the ball, taking up space, and dragging over the side lines. Pretty much once this is allowed the player know even after getting warnings its still a 50/50 if it will be called. Thus why you will find late yellows in the latter parts of Jacksons games (like tonight) and after the yellow it seems to clean up the breakdown etc - which leads to an inconsistent game play.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
How does it affect the sport at all?!

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't like this at all. Keep it off the field. This is sport.

I don't mind it. Its after the game and I am glad they are not afraid of showing their just normal people.

You do similar I would guess when you go an pay homage at the alter with the beer-tap and share you faith with others that have similar beliefs and thank whatever power it is for supplying beer to help you hold on to the blind faith that the Tah's will win a soup title.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't like this at all. Keep it off the field. This is sport.
Not unpopular I thought they were doing it for plays family being sick or dying .. But I can't complain

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also hate how the first thing they say is thanking god in their public interviews after the game. Mostly the Saffers

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am sure there are a few South Africans who think god is a tall, lanky second rower with shoulder length black hair and a scrum cap.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You really must not have a lot of PI mates..

Sent from my iPhoneg mech
Ummm using nhh a
He

You really don't know me at all. I have plenty and yes they're all mostly religious and none of them do that stuff on the field. I've seen them pray before a game in the sheds which is fine by me - don't do it on the field.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK guys, let's stick to the rugby game, and less religious debate.
Whatever points people are trying to make, they have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.