• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds (Rnd 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm watching the NZ feed (I think) here in U.S.
Foxtel in Oz is taking the NZ feed as well. Sumo Stevenson, Ian Smith et al on commentary.

Reds will not win the game if they come away from attacking raids without any points, either 3 or a meat pie.

Meanwhile Colin Slade adds another 3 points to take the score to 15 Cru 3 Reds.

Reds have had chances but are lucky to be on 3 points. Unable to finish anything in their attacking Red Zone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
YC to Cru 4 for repeated refringements in Red Zone.

Why no scrum option taken by the Reds?

They have a big advantage in the fatties.

Reds get dudded in the lineout maul drive, and get penalised for CruSadists to relieve pressure.
Should have scored, yet again!

Too many points are being left on the field by the Reds and not making it to the Scoreboard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Finally, after yet another failed lineout driving maul, Kerevi gets a meat pie.

No problems for Bieber for the extras.

It's oranges with the score at CruSadists 15 Reds 10.

With better execution Reds could be up by 10 or more points, but if my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds breakdown work is pretty good, I just can't believe how much pace they have lost since 2011. They used to be such a quick team. No wonder the S&C left - they're shit.

B

Bobby Sands

Let's be a little more positive shall we! What a cracking game of footy.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Crusaders shooting themselves in the foot. First 20 they held onto the ball, ripped the Reds to shreds. Second 20 they repeatedly kick the ball about 20 metres and ask the Reds to attack them. Ludicrous.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
!/2 time Stats:

Reds 71% territory, 59% possession, 53 breakdowns to 23, 12 lineouts won to 3. They should be leading by a very large margin with figures like that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oh dear. Nadolo intercepts and sprints away for 50 metre try.

Slade adds extra two points to rub salt into the wound.

CRU 22, Reds 10. 42 minutes.

Troubling sign with The Golden Slipper being subbed off for Fa'agase. Big Kev is now Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.