• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dwyer Looking To Buy Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You get the feeling that the same blokes responsible for assembling the annual rugby participation numbers were behind some of the numbers in the Tahs report.

I don't think they have said that memberships went from 11050 to 18502. I think that say that the membership number was 11050, and that 11050 was 26% higher than 2012 numbers. In that case 2012 member numbers must have been 8769.

The interesting statement is total memberships hit 18502, yet member numbers were 11050.

Does this mean that one member may have had more than one membership?

If John Smith buys a 2 game membership pack, and two 4 game memberships, is that counted as one member number and 3 memberships?
Type more slower,
What is the difference between a member and a membership?
If a membership is just a clever way of inflating member numbers,then the Tahs Board should scrap the fucking girls 7's Rugby at 1/2 time,and have a MEMBERS badge draw.
The first 20 drawn out each week and present on the day,get to line up and kick the CEO in the nuts.
That'll bring the crowds back.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm guessing the 11k number represents full memberships to all games and the 18k includes 2 game and non ticketed memberships.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
NSWRU has a permanent right to a Super Rugby team. .

My reading of the article was that the ARU have the right/responsibility to field 5 teams as per the SANZAR agreement and that they have then given a licence to the NSWRU. Presumably this means that they could also give that right to someone else.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My reading of the article was that the ARU have the right/responsibility to field 5 teams as per the SANZAR agreement and that they have then given a licence to the NSWRU. Presumably this means that they could also give that right to someone else.

It's all interwoven. NSWRU is one of the two major state unions in the country and has significant control within the ARU.

It's not really a conceivable outcome in my opinion.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Type more slower,
What is the difference between a member and a membership?
If a membership is just a clever way of inflating member numbers,then the Tahs Board should scrap the fucking girls 7's Rugby at 1/2 time,and have a MEMBERS badge draw.
The first 20 drawn out each week and present on the day,get to line up and kick the CEO in the nuts.
That'll bring the crowds back.

I'll get a family package on that basis.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
18000 members could include 1 family membership counting as 4 members. As they do at the reds.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's all interwoven. NSWRU is one of the two major state unions in the country and has significant control within the ARU.

It's not really a conceivable outcome in my opinion.

True, but I was answering your post, in which you said that the NSWRU have the "right" to a super team. Clearly, that right is vested in the ARU, not the NSWRU.

If someone had said 20 years ago that there would be a professional rugby team in Melbourne, some may have regarded that as inconceivable.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That control that NSW and QLD have has been diluted somewhat by the constitutional changes voted in (the ones that certain contract increases hinged upon - remember those?). So now I think the votes at the table are something like: one for every member union; one for every Super franchise; and one extra for each 50,000 players you have registered.

Therefore NSW has three (union, Super, players), etc.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
That control that NSW and QLD have has been diluted somewhat by the constitutional changes voted in (the ones that certain contract increases hinged upon - remember those?). So now I think the votes at the table are something like: one for every member union; one for every Super franchise; and one extra for each 50,000 players you have registered.

Therefore NSW has three (union, Super, players), etc.
Plus RUPA?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Something like that. But even Tasmania get a view now so the littler unions can form a block against the big guys

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I have seen zero in the press about this for more than a month.. I understood it was basically down to one consortium, and a deal was imminent - and then, silence...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I have seen zero in the press about this for more than a month.. I understood it was basically down to one consortium, and a deal was imminent - and then, silence.

Understandably given the media's race up Kurtley's arse for the truth.

I heard Bob and his mates were still in it, as were ANZ Stadium.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I heard the appointment of the new CEO was being delayed until the ownership model took place.

I wonder, however, if the fact their successful coach won't be there beyond next year is a factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.