• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Eddie Jones Stormers, No, Wait, England coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My 2c re: Jones at Reds. I thought it was too soon for him to be involved in Australian rugby after his sacking from the Reds. His head didn't seem in the right mindset at the time, which, coupled with a team that had lacked direction for a number of years was a recipe for disaster.
I think he will do well with the England squad - he won't need to place as much attention on the scrum as he should have done with the Wallabies during his tenure as the Premier League coaches will do that for him and the mindset regarding scrums in England is different than what it traditionally has been with Australia. He will improve the skillset of the players, particularly the forwards catch and pass. England will be a much more dangerous proposition at RWC2019. If they improve quickly enough the Lions tour to NZ in 2017 (particularly if EJ (Eddie Jones) is on the staff as a technical advisor) will be very interesting.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well maybe we won't. I mean he was the Japan head coach yet still decided to voice his opinions on who should be in the Aus side..

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
My on a bit of a break from GAGR during the off season but just wanted to come on and add my 2 cents to this revelation.

The big plus from an Australian point of view has to be the added interest this will create around the june series next year. Im really bouyed that we are going to see a good turn out to next years series and this only adds to what is already an intriguing build up. I have high hopes that itll be a successful series from a financial point of view and thats good for aus rugby.

Good luck to jones. On a side note, that sucks for the stormers. Harsh blow but thats modern rugby i suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.