• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Elsom: In or Out?

Is Rocky your 6 vs the Boks

• Yes, incumbent and captain. Nuff said.

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Yes, to test him pre RWC. Last chance.

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Not 6, but starting from the bench.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • If he can't play another 80 minutes, no dice.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Deport him to Leinster via Christmas Island

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Interested in what reasoning you have behind that, JB?

I mean bullshit to the Faingaas being included alongside those other leadership names.
We have several good captaincy options within the Wallaby framework should Rocky not be available
and neither Fainga'a is one of them.
Elsom is our best 6 when on form but we may not see that form before the RWC. Higgers is shaping as a solid replacement.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The only saving grace that Elsom has is the doubts of changing captain so close to the RWC. Players rise and players fall. Sorry but Elsom has fallen and there a some bloody good risers getting around at the moment.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
This is an interesting piece.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ew-super-15-home/story-e6frg7o6-1226066784367

An Outright statement from the Brumbies that they have no interest in Elsom, Link has already stated that he hasn't much interest in that way and why would he with Higginbum, Samo, Shatz, Gill, Robinson in his backrow stocks all solid team players and forming a very solid unit.

I know Graham would have him at the Farce but in reality would you displace Brown or McCalman for him, those three have been hugely effective as a unit at Super Level, as good as any backrow in the competition.

That leaves NSW and their state of near collapse or Macqueen. I can see NSW being the only province for Elsom as I doubt Macqueen and he would get on. One way of reading the article is that it appears that Elsom has received no apporaches from any Oz side and the ARU is having to literally force him on one of the provinces.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
This is an interesting piece.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ew-super-15-home/story-e6frg7o6-1226066784367

An Outright statement from the Brumbies that they have no interest in Elsom, Link has already stated that he hasn't much interest in that way and why would he with Higginbum, Samo, Shatz, Gill, Robinson in his backrow stocks all solid team players and forming a very solid unit....I know Graham would have him at the Farce but in reality would you displace Brown or McCalman for him, those three have been hugely effective as a unit at Super Level, as good as any backrow in the competition....That leaves NSW and their state of near collapse or Macqueen. I can see NSW being the only province for Elsom as I doubt Macqueen and he would get on. One way of reading the article is that it appears that Elsom has received no apporaches from any Oz side and the ARU is having to literally force him on one of the provinces.

Yes, Gnostic, an interesting piece, and the actual seeming quote from JO'N stating that he'd 'help find a place for Elsom at a franchise...'. Very unusual that the ARU would have to 'help' the Captain of the Wallabies in such a manner, on paper you'd think they'd all, or many, be falling over themselves for such a player at that level. And Drew Mitchell - in a media interview obviously endorsed by the ARU - has given ringing endorsements to RE's reappointment as Wallaby Captain and his many fine qualities etc.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I like the concept of the super sides seeing reason when JON and (?) RD do not. Is Elsom a good investment?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I like the concept of the super sides seeing reason when JON and (?) RD do not. Is Elsom a good investment?

The question is what will happen if nobody wants him and the ARU has signed him to a contract? The policy clearly states that he must play Super Rugby to play for the Wallabies, so does that make his ARU contract invalid. This may well be what Elsom has wanted all along anyway, allowing him to get his big money in EUroland and still play for the Wallabies. If JON allows that I say he should be sacked immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.