• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In highschool our star fullback was out for two months with a crook thumb and he was one of the toughest players in the team. Believe it or not, injuries in that part of the hand can actually be pretty complicated. It's not like any other finger which you can just strap up and play on with.

That said, I hope he's available for Saturday as he's crucial to our chances, but I also don't want to see him with a longer-term injury that may impair his chances to carry this form into next season.

If he's not ready, Simmons and Philips to start.

If Tui's not available we could see Enever on the bench and that'd be a really iffy three locks to have in our match day 23.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Watching the Argentina v England game, the Argies made a lot of ground in the second half using quick pick-and-go's through the rucks. Whether that was England fatigue or a weakness in their set-up, its tailor-made for McMahon and co after 50 minutes. England did not look like the world's second best team, that's for sure.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
In highschool our star fullback was out for two months with a crook thumb and he was one of the toughest players in the team. Believe it or not, injuries in that part of the hand can actually be pretty complicated. It's not like any other finger which you can just strap up and play on with.

That said, I hope he's available for Saturday as he's crucial to our chances, but I also don't want to see him with a longer-term injury that may impair his chances to carry this form into next season.

If Tui's not available we could see Enever on the bench and that'd be a really iffy three locks to have in our match day 23.

You can't actually just strap up a broken finger and play on without long term consequences anyway. I smashed my ring finger up and played a full season on it broken and now its perma-fucked. wrong call.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Yeah, had a mate fuck his thumb up pretty badly when I was playing in College and he was out for a few months and had to have surgery, the whole 9. It's a totally different ballgame from breaking your other digits and can have a major impact on your ability to literally do anything with your hands later in life if it's not addressed properly.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Sounds like Kruis is being dropped for the 2015 RWC England v Australia MOTM Joe Launchbury with Itoje still out.
aca14e4d546ccb01808cc51e34ea84ad.jpg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The last few posts illustrate how little there is to talk about now until the team is announced.
I reckon just about every Aussie rugby supporter is sitting at the keyboard wondering what can go wrong and why we still won't beat the soapdodgers even though we beat the NZ team just a few weeks ago. Will it be an inexperienced NZ referee that takes a set against us? Will our scrum and lineout fall to bits? Will the brick wall defence and penalty kick %ages bring us undone? Will someone have a brain-fade like SBW? Will some seagull shit on the ball just as we are about to score the winning try?
As supporters we need to find belief collectively in the team. I think if we win Saturday then there will be a huge lift in supporter belief to go with the obvious player belief that already exists. Even if we just lose an absolute nailbiter, that will allow me to declare an end to self-imposed pessimism. There won't be a more important game this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Watson replaces Mike Brown at fullback. Slade to the bench with Farrell starting at 12. Launchbury in for Kruis.

Itoje off the bench will give them some spark in the second half.
d13bc25c704dd24aadc4ca1a551fb6b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Watson replaces Mike Brown at fullback. Slade to the bench with Farrell starting at 12. Launchbury in for Kruis.

Itoje off the bench will give them some spark in the second half.
d13bc25c704dd24aadc4ca1a551fb6b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Boy I'd love to give that team a good thrashing. Worst thing in World Rugby must be losing to the English.

Status
Not open for further replies.