• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1st in GGR
77th overall

Pretty happy with that, declaring success now because I reckon its all downhill from here

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No I can't have any complaints, just hate leaving points on the bench. Wouldn't you expect Slipper to outscore Beast in general? Or do you mean you liked the Sharks-Hurricanes matchup in particular?
When I transferred him in, Slipper was starting in my lineup and Beast was on the bench (at least according to my transfer screen), but I didn't check again on my lineup before the deadline. Same for Folau over Tuitavake.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Pretty happy with last week - 400+ points (401 I think...LOL) but got to get rid of some real dead weight in my team.

Big wins for me were Luke Braid and Sam Whielock.....players I don't think a lot of others had eg. Folau.

Wish I had 6 trades this week though!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Checked the ARU comp and I was excited when I noticed how many points all my Cheetahs players had. Then noticed the Sharks and Lions also have points. So it appears to just give a running total and I can't see where to get points per round. If I am not missing something obvious this will make it very hard to keep track of form players.

If you go to the Stats and drill down to the actualy player they list the points round by round.

Dickhead here left Marnitz Boshoff on the bench instead of Kyle Godwin & didn't make Izzy my captain....... sigh.....

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If you go to the Stats and drill down to the actualy player they list the points round by round.

Dickhead here left Marnitz Boshoff on the bench instead of Kyle Godwin & didn't make Izzy my captain... sigh...

Alternatively, should you have plenty of time on your hands each week you can just go to the Player Search page and copy the info into Excel and then run a Points per Game column down the side and then sort the data by your PPG column. Bit of a hassle though as you need to do it for each position.....

http://fantasy.rugby.com.au/stats.aspx?page=playerSearch

Or maybe we all email them and ask to include PPG on the stats list. And then make the page searchable by PPG or any stat you want rather than just player value.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
This weeks team....yeah, I know Ta'avao isn't starting but he's a guy who can rack up afew points in a short time....just felt there were more important transfers I had to make this week.....really wish I could have gotten rid of Basson tho!!

image.jpg

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does anyone know how the value of your team is calculated in the ARU comp?

I keep some running totals so that I can do a bit of planning ahead but in no dream do I get the same number that the site gets. Not important I know but it is one of my OCD things....

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not really. This is all the rules really say:

Fluctuating Player Values
During the course of the season, the values of players will go up and down, depending on how well they play and their popularity within the game. All starting values of players are based on their position on the field, ability and the team they represent.

The leader is sticking with his strategy of putting players with the bye in his starting team and then having 2 players on the bench in that position to use as emergency cover. It's not a bad plan actually.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
This weeks team..yeah, I know Ta'avao isn't starting but he's a guy who can rack up afew points in a short time..just felt there were more important transfers I had to make this week...really wish I could have gotten rid of Basson tho!!

View attachment 4455

Bullrush: are you aware that Braid may not start? You'd be in fine shape if he didn't make it, as Pocock would be a good captain as well, and Kriel is starting, but just thought I'd point it out. I like the look of both of our teams, and we've only 3 players in common, 2 of whom are in more than half of all teams (Strauss and Folau). That's what I enjoy about this comp - there are many different approaches.

I've gone with:

Sio/Faumuina (Hames)
Strauss (c) (Horie)
F. van der Merwe/Bird (Retallick)
Whiteley/P. van der Walt/Braid (Vermeulen)
Ellis (Reinach)
Cooper (Goosen)
Fekitoa/Kuridrani (Jordaan)
B. Smith/Turner/Folau (Mvovo)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bullrush: are you aware that Braid may not start? You'd be in fine shape if he didn't make it, as Pocock would be a good captain as well, and Kriel is starting, but just thought I'd point it out. I like the look of both of our teams, and we've only 3 players in common, 2 of whom are in more than half of all teams (Strauss and Folau). That's what I enjoy about this comp - there are many different approaches.

I've gone with:

Sio/Faumuina (Hames)
Strauss (c) (Horie)
F. van der Merwe/Bird (Retallick)
Whiteley/P. van der Walt/Braid (Vermeulen)
Ellis (Reinach)
Cooper (Goosen)
Fekitoa/Kuridrani (Jordaan)
B. Smith/Turner/Folau (Mvovo)

I like Whiteley. I almost went with him in my first team in R1 and wish I had now!

Yeah, Braid is a bit of a concern.... I mite change Capt anyway cos worse than him not starting is him starting and only playing 20min or something.

Yeah, I will change my Capt.... I just convinced myself LOL

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
I like Whiteley. I almost went with him in my first team in R1 and wish I had now!

Yeah, Braid is a bit of a concern.. I mite change Capt anyway cos worse than him not starting is him starting and only playing 20min or something.

Yeah, I will change my Capt.. I just convinced myself LOL

Yeah Whiteley was a bit of a random selection for me when we had to load up on Saffers, and has provided good value so far.

I wish there was some info on Braid, because as you point out, him limping off after 20 would be shite. He's a points machine when fit though... Ah the dilemmas of fantasy!

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I wish there was some info on Braid, because as you point out, him limping off after 20 would be shite. He's a points machine when fit though. Ah the dilemmas of fantasy!

I'm hoping there's some more info on Braid before the deadline as well. Have got him and Coetzee who's on bye in my backrow and don't want to have to transfer either out since they'll both be back next week against lesser opposition in the Bulls and Lions. My gut feeling is that he'll play, but it's a fair gamble missing out on points completely for one of the backrowers!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Got a couple of smokies in my team for this week. Currently middling in the GAGR league so the default option of caution into the wind is a much easier proposition!

Ben Alexander/Coenie Oosthuizen
Adriaan Strauss
Lodewyck de Jager/Franco van der Merwe
Scott Higginbotham/Jake Schatz/Steven Luatua
Aaron Smith
Marnitz Boschoff
Aidan Toua/Kyle Godwin
Henry Speight/Israel Folau (c)/Willie le Roux

Having four Cheetahs in my team will make any points they put up against the Rebels a slightly sweeter pill to swallow.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Both of my loose forwards picking up negative points due to cards is a downer along with the fact two thirds of my side has already played and my points scored are a little low.

Stoked I put Tom English in however, a little peeved he didn't go for the corner after beating 2 or 3 and sprinting half the pitch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.