• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Depends if you can afford that, a lot of those players won't be cheap. Strauss and Moore at hooker this early may be overkill in particular.
Whoever the Rebels go with as hooker will be a bargain as your reserve. Shota Horie at this stage. Misses round 1 and 2 though so bear that in mind.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Tom Sexton is the other option and as a first time player is a steal for $75k.

RayRay

Frank Row (1)
New to GAGR. Apologies for the shameless plug but I know a number of you have asked about Super Rugby fantasy, draft style before.

Check out Fantasy Rugby Draft.

Quade is the #1 overall draft pick

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
New to GAGR. Apologies for the shameless plug but I know a number of you have asked about Super Rugby fantasy, draft style before.

Check out Fantasy Rugby Draft.

Quade is the #1 overall draft pick

WHERE>>>???

I am totally keen for this. Draft style sure beats the Dream Team format.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Found it.. Just Googled it.

THANK YOU FOR THE SHAMELESS PLUG!!!

I'll leave all the novices to the dream team format & get my other hardcore rugby fans involved in a league.

Thanks RayRay

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I encourage anyone who
Not a problem. I hope you enjoy!

We loved doing all the mock drafts during testing.

I am so glad I found this website.

I was seriously going to do my own fantasy draft league through google spreadsheets. It would of taken a hell of a lot of time for me to organise this all. So to have a website where I can log in/invite my mates along and not have to worry about the number crunching each week.. it's a dream come true.

I will be shamefully plugging your website til the cows come home. Everyone who plays fox sports Supercoach told me how much more they enjoyed the draft format. (i'm not a NRL fan myself, but have been playing fantasy NFL for almost a decade now)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hi Guys,

This year we're going to be teaming up with the ARU for our tipping and fantasy comps.

Why?

1 - there are going to be awesome prizes like half a corporate box for you and 4 mates at Bled 1 with travel and accom, also team signed Wallaby jerseys and more. The comps will be smaller so you have a better chance of winning something (vs none)

2 - GAGR will be getting some nice cross promotion out of it (and other bens, which you will see in time).

3- we're helping out the new ARU

I know this means change which no one ever likes, but why not
Give it a burl?

Matt

Are the ARU going to be trotting out the same style of Fantasy Comp as they always have, or a new & improved format?

Sounds like the prizes are much improved from the last few seasons.
Old game format & points scoring was a bit ordinary compared to FoxSports, but that said I have won prizes playing it.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fox Fantasy pulled the plug on Luatua as a lock. He is now a very expensive back rower and with Kaino back may lose some minutes on the field. Braid will get 80 min. so something has to give. They may move Luatua into the lock position later in the game as the Blues have lost Retallick for the season.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are the ARU going to be trotting out the same style of Fantasy Comp as they always have, or a new & improved format?

Sounds like the prizes are much improved from the last few seasons.
Old game format & points scoring was a bit ordinary compared to FoxSports, but that said I have won prizes playing it.
There is only one way to go with the prizes and that is up. About 4 seasons ago I won a football with a leak in it and a scruffy kids backpack. This is after months of no reply from the competition organisers. Their previous format is not user friendly so I hope they update it.

RayRay

Frank Row (1)
shall we have a GAGR league?

Yes, this is an option. You can either pick one of the public leagues and circulate the name to everyone on GAGR or we/anyone can set up a specifically named GAGR league.

Fantasy Rugby Draft is a different format than other Super Rugby fantasy games. There are only 10 people in a league. You play head to head each week to get a Grand Final winner so it will be first in first served or alternatively there could be multiple leagues.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Let's just set up a public one and first in best dresses. If no one else does I will do it this weekend.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes, this is an option. You can either pick one of the public leagues and circulate the name to everyone on GAGR or we/anyone can set up a specifically named GAGR league.

Fantasy Rugby Draft is a different format than other Super Rugby fantasy games. There are only 10 people in a league. You play head to head each week to get a Grand Final winner so it will be first in first served or alternatively there could be multiple leagues.

Let's just set up a public one and first in best dresses. If no one else does I will do it this weekend.

I am keen to participate.

best bet would be to do a roll call & from there work out a time for the draft that suits.

Sounds like we have 3 thus far... anymore takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.