• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah you can't. It's an issue with the display.

The player scores shown are their points in the period. Given we just finished a period last week and are starting a new one this week, that means everyone shows 0. This week, being the first week of a new period, is the most useful week for the display because you'll see exactly what each player scores. But every other week all you'll see is your accumulated scores per player for the period.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
You wouldn't have got 0. If you click player stats, you'll see how many points each player has got since being traded into your team.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
You wouldn't have got 0. If you click player stats, you'll see how many points each player has got since being traded into your team.

This is still a clear result of the ARU game being bloody difficult to work with. Me, I gave up with it weeks ago when it kept telling me I couldn't save my changes because I didn't have a full team when clearly I did.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah it's a bit of a pain. The plus side is it turns a lot of people off which make the prizes easier to win! I feel like I've got one foot in that corporate box now after Slade's effort today. Should hopefully pull 40-50 clear of 2nd. Early days still but solid start.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Hey do you guys know if the Wallabies or All Blacks tend to be rested from Super Rugby for the game before or after the tour?

I recall the Wallabies were rested before the Lions last year but not sure if that was just a once off or not.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hey do you guys know if the Wallabies or All Blacks tend to be rested from Super Rugby for the game before or after the tour?

I recall the Wallabies were rested before the Lions last year but not sure if that was just a once off or not.

A once-off for the Lions tour.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just thought I would appologise for anyone who had Jason Woodward in their team. I nominated him as my captain........ sorry about that.

This week I have moved onto Izzy Folau. So you have time to change your selections.....

Benaud - I can give you exclusive rights to this information if I can be one of your 'friends'? ;)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just thought I would appologise for anyone who had Jason Woodward in their team. I nominated him as my captain.... sorry about that.

This week I have moved onto Izzy Folau. So you have time to change your selections...

Benaud - I can give you exclusive rights to this information if I can be one of your 'friends'? ;)

Holy crap it was you that did that! ;)

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Gee that week couldn't have gone much better :)

Would it be premature to call up friends and tell them to lock away the Bledisloe weekend today?

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
3 weeks off!

Not going to know what to do with myself Fridays to Sundays.

Currently sitting 2nd in Fox, 66 points behind Fiona Webb. That comp still looks very open though and it's quite possible someone could even win from outside the top 100 at this point.

Got a 144 point break from 2nd in ARU - officially counting chickens there.

Time to start calling friends I think - corporate box at the Bledisloe sounds sweet!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This can be a frustrating game to play!

I have been selecting Foley and Barrett as my two tens for some weeks now and basically looking at the opposition and trying to forecast who is likely to score more points. Whoever I selected I made captain. The week before I selected Foley because it was against the Rebels, while Barrett was up against the Chiefs. Worked a treat, Foley scored well and outpointed Barrett, whose team had a cracker.

Last week I saw Foley was up against the Chiefs, whose season was on the line, so I figured he had the tougher assignment. Barrett, whose team was on fire and handed the Chiefs an absolute thumping the week before, were playing the Blues, who have been playing poorly. Despite the Blues having home ground advantage, I figured that if the Canes and Barrett played like the week before then the Blues were on a hiding. So I chose Barrett as captain.

Barrett scored 17 points, Foley 53. With my choice of captain, that pick cost me 72 points. I would have got almost 500 for the week and been in a position to shoot for a top 10 in G&GR, which I've never done before. Instead I'm down in the muck with everyone else.

Yet I still think I had the right strategy. But the result sure sucked!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Agreed, it can be frustrating and satisfying.

Last round, I left my transfers to the last minute before the deadline so transferred in my players, forgetting I needed a prop and a backrower.

Left me barely any time to change my captain and vice captain; luckily for me I was too slow and my change from Foley (c) to Moore never went through. Scored 106 from Foley, and placed in the top 1000 for the round.

It was only the round before that when I got pumped for not having Nadolo, Savea etc. who scored above 40+ and fell down their pecking order.

I'm now in the top 1900 I think, so will need a lot to go my way to get into the top 100, ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.