• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Have not bothered to pick either team yet. Normally it would have been done 3 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the season I am sensible and wait for team lists every week.

T

Tip

I'll stay true to my name and give ya'll a heads up - even with only 2 of the 4 teams released.

Johan Goosen. Starting 10 for Cheetahs who play the Lions this week.... My money's on the Cheetahs to continue last years form (where they were only a couple of points shy of a Super Rugby final) and MAUL the Lions by 10 tries or more.
Goosen kicks goals and will probably dot one down under the post due to his excellent support play. He was also being groomed as S.A's next 10 before he succumbed to injury last year.

Did I mention he's the cheapest flyhalf on the books at the moment! A poultry 7.0 points!

For this week only, pick a backline full of Cheetahs. They will all top the running metres in the ARU comp - especially since I'm predicting the Bulls vs. Sharks to be a typically dour SA derby affair. You'd be mad not to have at least one (if not all) of Le Roux, Sadie or Venter.

Finally, the ARU's point scoring system is as follows:
Played 60 mins or more +2 points
Played 59 mins or less +1 point Sent Off (Red Card) -5 points
Sin Binned (Yellow Card) -3 points
Tackles Made +1 point
Tackles Missed -1 point
Every 10 meters Gained* +2 point
Lost Play: Turnovers Won +2 points
Lost Play: FWD Pass/Knock On -1 points
Line breaks +1 points

1) Pick forwards that tackle.. all... day. Not Pilferers - as you can see a turnover is worth just 2 tackles. Forwards are for tackling, Backs are for metre making
2) Pick backs that don't usually kick for touch, as these are the ones that should make the most metres in game!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Johan is a brilliant young prospect. I had him in my team in 2012 and he was great to watch until he succumbed to an injury. I think it was 2012 anyway

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Here's my first draft for the year - expect a lot of changes between now and kickoff. Not sure about Greyling, and my outside backs. ARU team almost completely different to my Fox team

first draft.png

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are most people going with a stacked bench of players for round 2 i.e Slipper, Moore, Folau or going all out week 1 and then making straight swaps?

I have stacked the bench for next week. You only have 4 transfers (or maybe 5 if the number of the site is correct) so if you don't you might have a poor side next week.......

Is a shit that the Rebels have 2 weeks off. Wanted to have Pyle before he got expensive.....

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
My bench is mixed as I've got a couple of the cheaper Rebels front row in anticipation of a boom season.

As usual my confidence is high and will likely come crashing down within the first fortnight.

Hopefully my sage-like confidence in assuming there won't be any injuries to my starting pack, and that my non-Rebels bench will be available to play next week comes through.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here's my first draft for the year - expect a lot of changes between now and kickoff. Not sure about Greyling, and my outside backs. ARU team almost completely different to my Fox team

View attachment 4409
Greyling tends to rack up the penalties and have brain explosions Namtrak. The Sharks front row is much stronger. Can you jingle yout team around to get Tendai M. He will get big minutes as Janni Du Plessis never goes the distance? I cannot see the Bulls supplying much quality ball to their backline so Visser is a big call but who knows. I expect this to be a torrid encounter for 65 min. and then the sharks will run over them. White will have them revved up at home.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have stacked the bench for next week. You only have 4 transfers (or maybe 5 if the number of the site is correct) so if you don't you might have a poor side next week...

Is a shit that the Rebels have 2 weeks off. Wanted to have Pyle before he got expensive...
You have 6 transfers in Fox Fantasy so that seems adequate for round 2. A mixture of some guns like Folau, Slipper and Messam combined with some cheapies will get you thru on the bench.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but for the Brumbies Tyrone Smith is listed again, despite not playing since 2011! Dylan Sigg is also there but he got released after 2012.

And Conrad Hoffman is listed as Conrad Hamilton yet the Shorks have a Conrad Hoffmann listed.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It was more a dig at the organisers for not doing basic squad list checking.

No doubt there are others.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Fox team:

C Oosthuizen, BDP, S van der Merwe
Bresler, Willemse
van der Walt, Whiteley, Kankowski
Bondesio
Goosen
Sadie, Engelbrecht
Le Roux, van Rensburg, Daniller

Res: Slipper, Fourie, Douglas, Pocock, Phipps, Cooper, Saili, Folau

Edit: Hookers added

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Fox team:

C Oosthuizen, S van der Merwe
Bresler, Willemse
van der Walt, Whiteley, Kankowski
Bondesio
Goosen
Sadie, Engelbrecht
Le Roux, van Rensburg, Daniller

Res: Slipper, Douglas, Pocock, Phipps, Cooper, Saili, Folau

Hooker? And I reckon ive heard of about 6 of those. Im finding this first round really hard

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mhmm, just checking on this thread for the first time in a while has me pumped for fantasy rugby season again.

This time I'm actually paying closer attention to the scoring table for the foxsports and ARU comps (strange I wasn't doing this last year, I know) but it was my first year! And going through 2013 player stats.

I can tell from first glance that picking some Saffer backs will be difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.