• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Chiefs Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Cruden "we lacked ticker"

Spot on. Force were awesome, but the Chiefs were weak and had no heart in it, and I reckon that was the difference.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
What a finish. The Chiefs played like the Force have in previous years, knocking on twice with the game at their mercy.

Great win although I always find it strange when teams keep it tight like that with seconds left. Play rugby guys, one out stuff is safe but predictable and refs love to call going off your feet like they did to the saffas when Beale kicked that 60m penalty to win it at the death.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Awesome win! Respect.

Entertaining game, scared the shit out of me at the end when the Chiefs got the ball back at the 80min mark. The Force backed themselves & each other all night, & did it without the in form McCalman. Once again great win & well done The Force.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cruden "we lacked ticker"

Spot on. Force were awesome, but the Chiefs were weak and had no heart in it, and I reckon that was the difference.

The Chiefs looked like they were playing 7's all night, shifting the ball wide every play......... continually isolating their ball carriers despite the fact that the Force were being very competitive at the breakdown all night..........

There was a brief period where the Chiefs started hitting it up in their forwards (Retallick was one of the best on ground) making plenty of ground which resulted in a penalty goal.......... and they didn't think to repeat it?

It's like they didn't take the Force seriously and thought their back line players were going to just stroll over the try line with every touch...........

Well done Force though........ they were the smarter team........

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From what we saw against the Waratahs and then Brumbies this is one of the biggest form reversals I've ever seen in sport.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
First time since 2001 the chiefs have been kept tryless massive defence effort from the boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Leaden effort from Chiefs.

Force feral at the breakdown, constantly challenging, forcing Chiefs to commit blokes there as well as forcing all those grisly turnovers

anscombedamon-jpg.4541

"Chris Noakes has a brother?"

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Awesome win! Respect.

Entertaining game, scared the shit out of me at the end when the Chiefs got the ball back at the 80min mark. The Force backed themselves & each other all night, & did it without the in form McCalman. Once again great win & well done The Force.

Three reasons I liked this:
  1. I picked the Force in the tipping comp because I thought they were a genuine chance and I needed some unpredicted results to catch up on the table.
  2. This puts the Chiefs on the back foot in the race for the top two spot. Now we need a Tahs win next week to do the same to the Sharks.
  3. Its great for the Australian teams to get a scalp like this. Back to back Super champions go down to the third/fourth rated Aussie team.
Well done Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.