• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Chiefs Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You'll never get that from the bitter Tahs fans in this forum. The Force are making it clear that NSW's problems lied behind the scenes and with the players who more often than not played with zero ticker.
Enjoy your win, they deserved it.
The players executed a good game plan,so kudos to the players and the coaching staff.
Don't rewrite history,Foley had a poor record with the Tahs,and they had a worse playing style.
At the end,even he suggested he should go back to being the forwards coach.
But anyway,that was then,this is now.
I hope the Force can continue their form,and give it to a few more highly rated teams this year.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Fantastic effort & result by the Force to beat the two-times defending champs.

The home crowd was going absolutely berko towards the end & why wouldn't they? We don't hear that type of support in Olde Sydney town. If the Oz conference was decided by passionate crowds, as good as the Reds crowd can be at times, the Force would be hands down the winners.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Agree about crowd Tahs, I can't be disappointed about Chiefs losing, as I generally been impressed with Force support, so am happy to see them get some joy.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I was really impressed with the scrum in particular, the force pack must have been outweighed by what 50 odd kilos? And yet they never took a step backwards, probably dominating the chiefs at a few scrums

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Actually thinking about it the chiefs pack was way heavier then that
44 kgs diff I think it was.

I think the Chiefs may have been reading their own press before that one. "Always looking in control", "Can win it from anywhere" etc then they rocked up expecting it to all click as usual eventually but got hassled into the errors

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Alby Mathewson has been cited for alleged stamping on Sam Cane in the 3rd minute.

Wonder what he'll spin up on the wheel of misfortune?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Alby Mathewson has been cited for alleged stamping on Sam Cane in the 3rd minute.

Wonder what he'll spin up on the wheel of misfortune?

1 week sounds fair. Then again the Reds play them after their bye so maybe I should be calling for 2 weeks plus extra for McCalman.

Well played Force.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
What was the crowd, just as a matter of interest?

The Force deserve a lot of support, hope they get it. Everybody's second favourite team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Will be interesting to see if Chiefs are content to secede possession and murder on the break as in first 2 weeks or keep ball in hand and just plain murder like last week. Either way, I'm ready for a Hamtown jailbreak in broad daylight* in sunny downtown Perth."

Someone must've snitched to the Warden what with all the extra screws & the snipers & shit. Set up, I'm telling ya, we was fucking set up!

BTW Dismal, 2 jailbreak references may be a coincidence but 3 would suggest a fixation. Exactly how many times HAVE you watched Midnight Express?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha, never!
I do have the soundtrack 7" around here somewhere though

Yep, the Chiefs rocked up to that one like they had tickets on themselves. Could even be a blueprint as to how to beat them. You need loosies who absolutely fly in for the whole 80 (jeez Hodgson will be sore today), just slow their ball down as much as you can, fair means or foul, flop city, and even then the Cheifs still had the ball with a chance to snatch it at the death, after stuffing up repeatedly

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
True to Nic Cummins form, he produces another pearl of a post match interview including this gem.

Busier than a 1 armed brick layer in Baghdad
Yep. like Nics interview, but have realised he really works on them, kinda like Chris Handy's comments he used to bring in during game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah but that's OK. Doesn't make him any less funny. The good thing about Badge is that he's also a bloody good footballer and gives 100% every time he's out there. The kind of bloke you'd love to play alongside I reckon.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Re the Honey Badger "preparing his statements". Good on him.

I appreciate someone taking the time to preparate in any venture.

Would you rather have from the Badger: a bland Sean Fitzpartickesque "Full credit to the opposition, they never gave up and made it tough for us", or Tom "Sh!t at" English tongue tied stage struck "We were a bit laxitive" ?

Any Standup will rehearse their material for hours and hours to make it appear spontaneous when they take the stage.

Can't people be happy that he is a funny bugger and leave it at that. Do you need to know precicely how the magician completed the illusion?

Are Pro Wrestling fights scripted? Is the Tooth Fairy really Mum and Dad?

Did Mr Nobody really break that window with the cricket ball?

Reactions: BPC

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Alby has been suspended for 1 week. Won't miss any super rugby games and will be available for the reds games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.