• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Tahs, round 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
We call it how we see it. Tahs on the rise and playing well while the reds have been hit with the injury curse and some might infer are in decline. Reds have just been unlucky on the injury front but have the oppurtunity to test their depth and develop the young talent in the squad.

So you knock us when we are down. Cheap shot merchants.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm wondering when (or if) referees are going to start pinging Potgeiter for diving in off his feet at the breakdown.

I absolutely admire his enthusiasm and mongrel, but I cringe everytime that he flings himself into the breakdowns, fully expecting Sir to raise the Acme Thunderer to his lips whilst simultaneously extending his arm skywards in the oppositions favour closely followed by the words "Blue 4, Off your Feet."

His enthusiasm is infectious and we need a few more like him running around in Green and Gold.

Is going off your feet a Saffa trait?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Thread is only at 3 pages. Where did all the cocky Force fans go? Maybe they aren't confident this week and rightfully so. Just supports my theory you are ex 9's with chips on your shoulders.

Force are quickly moving down my faves team list, would prefer to support the Tahs at this point.
So you liked us when you thought you could beat us every time. Now we are looking like a genuine threat you like us less.

Hate to break it to you champ, but on the Red's current trajectory there are probably a few more teams that will be coming off your favourites list.

M

Moono75

I will be at the game for my first time at NIB - any tips from the force faithful?

Don't wear a Tahs jersey :)

Aside from that the viewing is pretty good everywhere, particularly in the new stands. Atmosphere is good, weather will be warm, beer will be cold. Although you will be drinking mid strength unless your in the top tier member category or in a corporate box.

Also remember to cheer when the Force score, you'll fit in nicely!

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
I predict this game will be pretty brutal between the two packs. Hoping NIB stadium gets packed out to watch this one, should be a cracker full of scoring. I'm not as confident this week because NSW are half decent unlike the Reds. IF we Win this week, the Finals won't seem like a dream for the Force

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon it will be a much lower scoring encounter than the first game.

The forward battle will be epic. If the Tahs maintain the intensity they had in Africa they should get on top their though.

What the bye does to the Force will be interesting. Sides often start a little slowly after the bye. The Tahs will be a bit sore from two very physical games in Africa though.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

The forward battle will be epic. If the Tahs maintain the intensity they had in Africa they should get on top their though.

What the bye does to the Force will be interesting. Sides often start a little slowly after the bye. The Tahs will be a bit sore from two very physical games in Africa though.

the bye was before the Reds game and it didnt make much difference to the way we played.

M

Moono75

Even though we played the Reds last week I guess you could call that a bye....if that's what your angling at?

M

Moono75

Let's call it a brain explosion.

How about that Force vs Waratahs game! Should be a cracker :rolleyes:

Don't make me start up the Folau "on the spot" discussion. I also think the game will be lower scoring. I mean how many times can you score try's from balls bouncing off goal posts.....please! I also don't see
Matt Carraro running through the Force defence this time either.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Force are certainly going to have to be more up in the face of the Tahs backline than they were at the start of the season. The Sharks and the Brumbies showed that you have to put immense pressure on Phipps, Foley and Beale to shut down opportunities wider out.

If that happens, the Tahs need to adjust their game like they did against the Stormers and take smarter options. Otherwise they just transfer pressure and get themselves into more trouble out wide.

13 will be interesting for the Force in terms of whether Brache keeps his spot or someone new comes in. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been in really good form and the Tahs will be looking for him to take advantage of a potential mismatch.

I think the backrows will be largely even but the Tahs should be able to get on top in the tight 5. If the Force can hold them there it should be a really close game. Certainly the Tahs need to serve up a really physical game again and see whether the Force tight five can stick with them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I will be at the game for my first time at NIB - any tips from the force faithful?

Best advice is to get the preparations right. Spend the day before at Feral Brewery in the Swan Valley, and head on out to Freo and go to the Little Creatures Brewery as part of Match Day preparations. Great beers and foot in their restaurant. This will have you arrive at the venue in good fettle. Jump on the Train at Freo to get back to the stadium in time.

If time is tight, someone will video Junior Shoulders curtain raiser for you, while you enjoy some of WA's finest brews and produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom