• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Brumbies, Round 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nic White will be welcomed back........

Definitely missed his kicking game, and Prior's service wasn't the greatest.......

But in the end some really uncharacteristic performances going on there.........

To'omua doing his best to destroy his Wallaby claim.........

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
This was Brumbies circa 2010, just clusterfuck after clusterfuck. I don't know how they could look each other in the eye after this performance.

Seriously, you would've thought they'd learnt after the blues last year. Apparently not.
I hate this but it's so true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Nic White will be welcomed back....

Definitely missed his kicking game, and Prior's service wasn't the greatest...

But in the end some really uncharacteristic performances going on there...

To'omua doing his best to destroy his Wallaby claim...

My thoughts and words exactly. Not all that sad about Ian Prior going else where. Hasn't offered anything this year. Brumbies forgot about simple kicking tonight. To'omua with his kick off and Mogg with his stupid kicks on the full and lack of finding touch.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mogg still had some good runs/kicks..........

But overall their performance was just woeful..........

I think uncharacteristic will be the buzz word following that performance as there was some really bad mistakes from players you wouldn't expect it from.........

Sure, we could all complain about the dodgy Hodgson try being the difference but the Brumbies had all the time in the world to rescue that game and they just came up with the worst performance since........ the final round of last year?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tonight's game was one that could establish claims to the #10 jumper.

To'omua just didn't do enough.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Full credit to Foley and the players. They had a killer game plan and executed it perfectly. Great signs for next season.

How funny was that forward pass at the end? Never seen that happen in my life. Just goes to show they are only human.

And on a side note IMO that borders a penalty for an offside player touching the ball, however you can probably call it accidental given the circumstances.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
If Quade can be selected despite bad games, so can To'omua.

I agree but Quade has 38 test caps to his name and To'omua has none. I still think McKenzie recognises his ability and he'll be in the squad/ on the bench purely because hes a really good test 10 prospect.

M

Moono75

Wouldn't the Wallabies starting 15 be the Force starting 15. Only logical.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
The Brumbies have blown a top 2 spot with the Bulls losing >7

However this is actually decent for the Brumbies.

Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Reds

Bulls vs Brumbies
Chiefs vs Crusades

Brumbies vs Crusaders as predicted earlier.

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wow I got that result wrong. Congrats to the Force well played, and a well deserved win. Also thank you for signing Prior, you are welcome to him. Meanwhile, can we organise a swab and betting check on the Brumbies, because if they didnt throw that game then we are in deep shit for the finals. Real shame that Foley didnt give brett Sheehan a farewell appearance last night considering what a servant to the Force he has been, even 5 mins at the end would have been no effort.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies should look on the up side. If this happened a week later, you would be making mad Monday plans. Quite frankly they looked arrogant and were meant to just come West and collect the points as it was a mere formality. It doesn't work that way as the Reds have learnt in the past also.

Well done Force. Any news on MMM?

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Anyone got an idea what Cooper Vuna's tweet at the end of the game was about?? "Beat it Mowen"

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The Brumbies have blown a top 2 spot with the Bulls losing >7

However this is actually decent for the Brumbies.

Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Reds

Bulls vs Brumbies
Chiefs vs Crusades

Brumbies vs Crusaders as predicted earlier.

Worse than just blown that top 2 spot, it was a potentially disastrous outcome for the Brums as if the Brums advance over the Cheetahs (and that's far from a foregone conclusion after last night's showing), as the highest ranked qualifier, they'll have to travel to RSA to play a rested Bulls.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
Worse than just blown that top 2 spot, it was a potentially disastrous outcome for the Brums as if the Brums advance over the Cheetahs (and that's far from a foregone conclusion after last night's showing), as the highest ranked qualifier, they'll have to travel to RSA to play a rested Bulls.
And in the unlikely event we beat the Bulls in Pretoria we probably would have to Play the Chiefs in NZ. Lots of travel and I think any hope of a championship out the window.
Yesterday morning a friend sent me the odds on winning the Championship. Brumbies were $5.25 and the Reds $11.00. I replied I thought at those odds the Reds were a good bet given their NZ record this year. I think after last night the odds would have switched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.