• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Brumbies, Round 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Something about Mowen just rubs me the wrong way. I can't tell you what it is or if it's legit.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
Was it just me or were the Aussie teams complete pants this week?
I wish it was just you. The teams except the Force and Rebels looked like they hadn't played together for months and were bodge. The reffing was interesting too. I think the yellow card for the Tahs was a bit steep and when a ref doesn't know where a free at the scrum has to be taken or how a tap must be taken yet can remember the ball has to be grounded before a 22 what hope is there ( not that I want to take anything away from the Force. They had passion and commitment and if the Brumbies had executed they had ample opportunity to win in spite of the Ref).

And while I am winging the kicking from all teams left lots to be desired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
And in the unlikely event we beat the Bulls in Pretoria we probably would have to Play the Chiefs in NZ. Lots of travel and I think any hope of a championship out the window.
Yesterday morning a friend sent me the odds on winning the Championship. Brumbies were $5.25 and the Reds $11.00. I replied I thought at those odds the Reds were a good bet given their NZ record this year. I think after last night the odds would have switched.

Unfortunately, I broadly agree re the much worsened ranking position of the Brums. The Reds would never have won in 2011 if they hadn't topped the table at this juncture. The top 2 S15 positions are priceless.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Those who don't need to unlearn Wallaby stuff, have probably lost momentum and game sense after the long break for the June internationals.

Isn't this a flawed let-off though? - look how well and successfully the Rebels played in their 2H to win, and how very well the Force played in total. They had less battle-attuned Wallabies returning and the same playing time gap.

It was the Wallaby-loaded sides of the Reds, Tahs and Brums all of whom played woefully. Logically, three BIL Tests for their Wallabies should have given these sides somewhat more impact and overall match fitness.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Best thing that we can hope for is that we beat the Cheetahs, Reds beat the Crusaders. Chiefs then play the highest ranked team of the two qualifiers. I'd rather play the Chiefs in NZ than Bulls in SA.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Best thing that we can hope for is that we beat the Cheetahs, Reds beat the Crusaders. Chiefs then play the highest ranked team of the two qualifiers. I'd rather play the Chiefs in NZ than Bulls in SA.

Chiefs, as Rank 1, play the lowest ranked qualifier and thus if the Reds and Brums both win next weekend, the Reds will go on to play the Chiefs and the Brums (ranking higher than the Reds) will play the Bulls (as the Bulls must play the highest ranked qualifier).

See below for all the permutations:

http://www.superxv.com/39781/1/super-rugby-qualifiers-confirmed-for-next-week#.UeIfKxbfLuc

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Chiefs, as Rank 1, play the lowest ranked qualifier and thus if the Reds and Brums both win next weekend, the Reds will go on to play the Chiefs and the Brums (ranking higher than the Reds) will play the Bulls (as the Bulls must play the highest ranked qualifier).

See below for all the permutations:

http://www.superxv.com/39781/1/super-rugby-qualifiers-confirmed-for-next-week#.UeIfKxbfLuc
I didn't look that far. On their home page they said the complete opposite. My bad.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I wish it was just you. The teams except the Force and Rebels looked like they hadn't played together for months and were bodge. The reffing was interesting too. I think the yellow card for the Tahs was a bit steep and when a ref doesn't know where a free at the scrum has to be taken or how a tap must be taken yet can remember the ball has to be grounded before a 22 what hope is there ( not that I want to take anything away from the Force. They had passion and commitment and if the Brumbies had executed they had ample opportunity to win in spite of the Ref).

And while I am winging the kicking from all teams left lots to be desired.

The ref did disallow a try to the force from inconclusive evidence. That was amazing. The force would of got the 5 points if it wasn't for the terrible ref. and cummins showed why he should be in the wallabies. It was so good to see him flick a ball out the back of his hand to set up a try! The brumbies were lucky to bit get a card with the amount of penalties 5m out from there try line.
The brumbies lost because they were absolutely shit. In fact That has to be their worst performance in 2 years. How many handling errors again?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair, it was fairly conclusive that he knocked it on.......

I don't know how Goddard came up with that decision.......

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
To be fair, it was fairly conclusive that he knocked it on...

I don't know how Goddard came up with that decision...
If we are talking about the try attempt, the video ref said it was inconclusive becuase the assistant blocked his view ie he could not tell whether it was grounded or knocked on. Under those terms the decision is a five metre scrum with the feed to the attacking team. I like the League option better where the ref has to say what he thinks and if the TMO cannot decide, it is Refs call.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
The ref did disallow a try to the force from inconclusive evidence. That was amazing. The force would of got the 5 points if it wasn't for the terrible ref. and cummins showed why he should be in the wallabies. It was so good to see him flick a ball out the back of his hand to set up a try! The brumbies were lucky to bit get a card with the amount of penalties 5m out from there try line.
The brumbies lost because they were absolutely shit. In fact That has to be their worst performance in 2 years. How many handling errors again?
You obviously did not read the bit where I said I did not want to take anything away from the Force.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think the Brumbies came out trying to fire on all cylinders in order to get the bonus point win. IIRC they didn't kick much in the first 20 - 30 minutes, but did drop the ball on just about every second or third play. When they couldn't successfully implement the running game, probably due to a lack of skills and the Force defence, they attempted to revert to their tried and true territory game but inexplicably their kicking game also let them down. Expect them to improve for next week.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That no-try near the end of the game was fair enough. I thought Hilterbrand knocked it on, but the thing I couldn't understand is why we got the scrum. I obviously don't know the laws of the game enough, because in the crowd we had no idea as to why it happened.

The other disallowed try was also very line ball, but probably right in the end. I didn't have a huge problem with the ref last night.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Luckily for the Reds and the Ponies, not too many of the favoured teams for the title played particularly well over the weekend.

Everyone seems to be aiming for the underdog title.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
That no-try near the end of the game was fair enough. I thought Hilterbrand knocked it on, but the thing I couldn't understand is why we got the scrum. I obviously don't know the laws of the game enough, because in the crowd we had no idea as to why it happened.

The other disallowed try was also very line ball, but probably right in the end. I didn't have a huge problem with the ref last night.
#93 above attacking team.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You obviously did not read the bit where I said I did not want to take anything away from the Force.

Wasn't having a crack at you mate. Just Bringing some more opinion. All good

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
To be fair, it was fairly conclusive that he knocked it on...

I don't know how Goddard came up with that decision...
I completely agree. It looked like a knock on. You needed a side on view to see if he had a finger on the ball though. It should of been awarded a try once he said the grounding was inconclusive. Right or wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.