• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Rebels - Rd4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
@Mr Wobbly. Didn't realise you were barracking for the Force with your prediction.:)

Actually, I wasn't. :(

That was the toughest game to watch since the Shorks last year.

Kudos to the Force though, they smashed us in every department and probably deserved to win by more.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What can one say about that game. Did the Rebels actually turn up to play. From the kick off they were static in defence and idiotically persisted in kicking into the stiff wind. The Force on the other hand were fired up after being bagged by all and sundry and had something to prove. The Rebels after two tries just looked shocked and went to pieces.

Pride comes before the fall Rebels.

What should be a worry for Rebels fans is that in the second forty when they were chasing the game the execution didn't improve and the tactics were the same with ineffectual, purposeless poorly executed kicks repeatedly handing back possession. If this was the game plan one must seriously question McGann's thinking as the Brumbies and Tahs showed that the Force can be vulnerable to well executed continuity play. If it wasn't the plan it shows a great lack of leadership on the field and in this area Higgers already has a big problem as he was one of the most heavily penalised players for the Rebels.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
This.

Woke up late from an afternoon nap and saw 32-0 on the internet and thought we were being shat all over. Nice surprise.

Sorry Rebs fans. I am sure you will get your own back when we meet again in Melbourne, but we needed this.
You are a great fan, NOT. Jesus Christ man have some joy, happiness.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Just to compound the misery, the sanctimonious bullshit coming out of the Rebels Facebook page is more than enough to bring out the Malcolm Tucker/Genghis Khan in everyone.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
This.

Woke up late from an afternoon nap and saw 32-0 on the internet and thought we were being shat all over. Nice surprise.

Sorry Rebs fans. I am sure you will get your own back when we meet again in Melbourne, but we needed this.
Cheers mate. Your boys were good for every single point of that result. Fantastic win.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well done Western Force, learnt from the Brumbies game last week and blew us off the park in the first 20 minutes.

Only a few Rebels even tried for 80 Minutes, a lot gave up and that's not bloody good enough.

Was worried about TT coming to Melbourne, as a Munster head coach he failed, even if his cv looks good. Wallabies failed when he was a coach and after tonight I think we could be looking at finishing a lonely 15th.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
He was outstanding last year in the starts he got. Horrible tonight. Looks badly underdone to me.

Anyone can look the part is a successful side that's confident. The real Colby was on show tonight, weak defense and bad positioning.

M

Moono75

Im very happy that the team stepped up for Hodgo. S15 nothing is written in stone. Thats the standard Force. Lets bring that every week. Great defensive effort tonight. Rebels will bounce back.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone can look the part is a successful side that's confident. The real Colby was on show tonight, weak defense and bad positioning.

The real Colby?

If you guys don't want him we'll gladly take him back.........

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

I think that's very harsh. He's got an outstanding pedigree, has been playing to a top level for years now, dating back to age grade sides. Looked to me tonight like a player who's hardly played any rugby for a long, long, time. I'm not defending his performance, which was abject, but suggesting that's his normal level is - to my mind - deeply unfair.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
In general our back row was outplayed tonight, which set the platform for the force backs. Poor kicking options from the back three didn't help. Looked flat in the centres. Bad night at the office.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think that's very harsh. He's got an outstanding pedigree, has been playing to a top level for years now, dating back to age grade sides. Looked to me tonight like a player who's hardly played any rugby for a long, long, time. I'm not defending his performance, which was abject, but suggesting that's his normal level is - to my mind - deeply unfair.

He and a few others gave up, there positional work off the ball was shocking. Yeah I am being a bit harsh on him, but we came into the game needing a big 80 minutes as he was our only open side in the match day squad. What did we get?

Woodward was just as bad, Kingston and Mitchell covering him all night. Roberts can't tackle and does not know where he wants to stand in defense.

Pyle never stopped but was having his worst game for us.

PAE and Lahiff got bounced out of rucks like they where scrum halfs not props.

Where was Neville? No impact at all.

Kicked the ball way to much, kick offs where to deep and that missed touch finder right in front of me was a absolute disgrace. Going to kick the ball make sure someone is going to be there to put pressure on and disrupt the receiver.

Jones, Smith, Hegarty made a huge difference.

We didn't even deserve to score that try at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.