• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Rebels - Rd4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
6 Changes for the Rebels is a surprise. Would have thought you';d stick with a winning team.

1. Max Lahiff *
2. Pat Leafa
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Sean McMahon
7. Colby Fainga'a **
8. Scott Higginbotham (C)
9. Luke Burgess
10. Angus Roberts
11. Tom English
12. Mitch Inman
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Tom Kingston **
15. Jason Woodward
16. Shota Horie
17. Toby Smith
18. Laurie Weeks
19. Luke Jones
20. Lopeti Timani ***
21. Ben Meehan
22. Bryce Hegarty
23. Lachlan Mitchell

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Alcock injured? If not, that's harsh on him.

Good call bringing in Hayward and dropping Dellit. Also a good call on starting Ebersohn.

For the Rebels, I know they're trying to work out their best team, but leaving Luke Jones out of the starting team is massively harsh!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I picked that both props would change, as well as Kingston for Mitchell. Jones dropped for Neville is absolutely ridiculous. Don't like Roberts for Hegarty at all.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ok, Looking at Maps of all these pubs. I am thinking I will goto the Brisbane before the game. Afterwards will just decide somewhere that is showing the Irish game.

The only thing with the Brizzy is that it gets pretty packed before the game. Get there early would be my advice. It's also full of bright young things, so there will be ample opportunity for people watching ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Making so many unforced changes after a comprehensive victory seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Even if it is only the Rebels second competition game.

The Force are at home and will be better than last week.

It will be an awkward press conference for Totality Tony if the Rebels don't win this one.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Making so many unforced changes after a comprehensive victory seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Even if it is only the Rebels second competition game.

The Force are at home and will be better than last week.

It will be an awkward press conference for Totality Tony if the Rebels don't win this one.

At least with Smith, Weeks, Jones and Hegarty on the Bench we have a chance at our usual come from behind tactics that where missing last week.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It seems really NH to me. Rotating props and flyhalf, 2 big men on the bench.

I don't mind it, but changing a winning line up when you don't have to is always dangerous.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
He has to be thinking long term here, trying to work out a few combinations/alternatives against a 'weaker' team. Looks like there's a few guys who are locked in until something egregious happens but there's a few spots up for grabs. 1,3, 5, 7 and 14. Alternatively he's just trying to pick a fucking massive team with a kicking FH and we're just going to try and molest the Force for the first 60 with some athletic guys in Jones and Timani Jr. to come off the bench and cause absolute mayhem against a tired oppo.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He has to be thinking long term here, trying to work out a few combinations/alternatives against a 'weaker' team. Looks like there's a few guys who are locked in until something egregious happens but there's a few spots up for grabs. 1,3, 5, 7 and 14. Alternatively he's just trying to pick a fucking massive team with a kicking FH and we're just going to try and molest the Force for the first 60 with some athletic guys in Jones and Timani Jr. to come off the bench and cause absolute mayhem against a tired oppo.
I reckon it's the latter.
He is anticipating a fucking big arm wrestle.
Win that,then bring on some speed later in the game.

M

Moono75

Do you always come across as so arrogant?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
the front row changes as predicted.
hegaty paid the price of not following the "fuckin game plan", (look at the video of mcgahan in the coaches box)
similarly fuglistaler for throwing the sucker punch
mcgahan clearly throwing down a marker that everyone toes the line and follows orders.
think jones is stiff
could be a very interesting presser

D

daz

Jones had ice strapped all over his right calf and knee after last week's game, so he may be a bit sore.

Either way, I'm not too concerned. Tony is trying a few things and given what I have seen so far, I am not about to start bagging him.

And realistically, the players are still available, even if they are not starting. Want to bet that Tony won't make early subs if needed? I sure don't.

D

daz

Not sure that was arrogant. I think DD was simply putting forth a viewpoint of what Tony might be thinking.

Arrogant is when we say that the Rebels 'B' team may as well get a run, for all the threat that the Force pose. He didn't say anything like that, did he?

;)

Tex

John Thornett (49)

Not sure where you read arrogance there?

I'm not a fan of Gus yet, but will give him the option to grow on me. For what it's worth I think DD's read on the Rebels selections looks fairly astute.

Status
Not open for further replies.