• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
He'll be 21 in July.
Hi to the Faithful Myrtle Green - understand that there may be a few out next Saturday - any further info out there?
Great win saturday - hardly a fluke me thinks. They have been close to he mark mostly this year (forget Easts).
Up the Wicks!

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just heard that k Beale will be playing for wicks on Saturday
Hope he starts in seconds as no one deserves dropping in firsts.
He could then come on in firsts off the bench.
Last year Mitchell played for Wicks and was worst on field that day but went on to be very good before another injury for the wallabies.
Just a thought

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Just heard that k Beale will be playing for wicks on Saturday
Hope he starts in seconds as no one deserves dropping in firsts.
He could then come on in firsts off the bench.
Last year Mitchell played for Wicks and was worst on field that day but went on to be very good before another injury for the wallabies.
Just a thought
Go Beale!
Any idea where the Wetherall Brothers are playing this week. Thought Tom did well in both games he played.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Apparently Beale to number 10.
Weatherall brothers not listed last week but played. Team list on Wed/Thur may have them.
I imagine it will be 'All Hands' on Saturday against Uni.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
The Wicks had 3 fresh reserves for 1st grade v Souths: Speechley, Goodbody, Paila.
Goodbody (front rower) ended up at blind side flanker when he came on but none of them got very much game time.
It will be interesting to see the approach against Uni ie pick the strongest teams across the grades and colts or priority to 1st grade with possible fresh reserves again.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Any word on Samu. Like to see Beale at the back as this would cause least distribution to the team. Kotezky made a few errors v souths and I prefer Ford on the wing

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Any word on Samu. Like to see Beale at the back as this would cause least distribution to the team. Kotezky made a few errors v souths and I prefer Ford on the wing

I agree about Ford, my heart's in my mouth everytime he fields a kick.
He takes too many poor options; better on the wing.
Yep, Kurtley at FB works for me.
That also gives him the latitude to come up to 10 in attack.

Samu didn't look good as he limped off on Saturday and Parsons is also injured so I'd assume Paila will come up if Samu's not fit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this game at Coogee Oval or #1 at Uni?

Be interesting to see if there will be any extra punters through the gate on account of Kurtley playing.

The clubs probably keep a very close eye on gate takings so it shouldn't be too hard to compare takings from previous games vs Uni when rockstars have played as opposed when the clubmen have played without any rockstar assistance.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

Be interesting to see if there will be any extra punters through the gate on account of Kurtley playing.

The clubs probably keep a very close eye on gate takings so it shouldn't be too hard to compare takings from previous games vs Uni when rockstars have played as opposed when the clubmen have played without any rockstar assistance.

Uni Oval # 1

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)

#1 at Uni, I will be going mainly because KB (Kurtley Beale) is playing - well that and wanting to be near a decent pub for the Lions Baa Baas game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Probably won't get as much of a surge of "local interest" as one would expect if the match is at Coogee Oval.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Probably won't get as much of a surge of "local interest" as one would expect if the match is at Coogee Oval.
Yeah Uni no 1 is rubbish for spectators as well. Extremely biased but I reckon coogee oval is the best ground to watch. Think the undefeated colts 1 game there is going to get the nod from me this weekend.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have a soft spot for Rat Park (although it is a long way from anywhere decent) and North Sydney Oval (although parking can be a bit troublesome).

One think I like about Coogee Oval is that the bigwigs in the corporate tent are looking directly into the sun, and it is only a hop, step and jump to go across the road for a clensing ale or two after the game is over. Take public transport to the game.

That is actually two things I like about Coogee oval and one I don't.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Courtesy of G&GR newsletter today:

"It is being reported that Kurtley Beale’s tumultuous stint with the Melbourne Rebels is coming to a close. After it was reported earlier this week that Beale would be returning to the game via club rugby with Randwick, it now appears that Beale will not be returning to Melbourne at all. Instead, Beale will continue his off-field rehabilitation process closer to his network of family and friends. On the field, he will be a handy addition for Randwick as he attempts to make a last ditch claim to a Wallabies jersey to face the Lions.

In a good early sign of his commitment, Beale was sighted training with Randwick second-grade last night, whilst the first-grade squad undertook a recovery session."

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I have a soft spot for Rat Park (although it is a long way from anywhere decent) and North Sydney Oval (although parking can be a bit troublesome).

One think I like about Coogee Oval is that the bigwigs in the corporate tent are looking directly into the sun, and it is only a hop, step and jump to go across the road for a clensing ale or two after the game is over. Take public transport to the game.

That is actually two things I like about Coogee oval and one I dont.

Make the most of it Hugh, the club will be closing in a couple of months:(

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Jeff Sayle has finally finished all the beer, has he?

You may be right, looks like he's moved on to another beverage;)

73grandfinal_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.