1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RugbyFuture, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Cobra Kai on Netflix is surprisingly good.
  2. Teh Other Dave Nev Cottrell (35)

Watched it for laughs after having fifty beers and I've stayed on watching it. It's well made.
  3. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

Back in Business:

Fargo (Sep 27)
    Walking Dead (Oct 2)
    Mandalorian (Oct 30)
    Blacklist (Nov 13)
  4. Tex Peter Johnson (47)

Right, some netflix titles that have been good.

John Was Trying To Contact Aliens. Not really a tv show but fuck it, this thread is where the action is. Great 15 min short about John and his life's work sending afrobeat and electronica groves out into the universe, hoping intelligent life hear them. Real story and a proper heart warmer. The world needs more eccentrics.

Started a British/Japanese crime noir show called Giri/Haji. Only one ep. in and it's looking very positive.

Finished The Deuce on Saturday and thought it was generally good, not stellar. A solid 7.5/10.
  5. Mr Wobbly Nicholas Shehadie (39)

If only John had found just one alien it would have been so much better but, I enjoyed it too. I kind of like the idea that someone, somewhere, in a few million years will hear some of those tunes and Shazam them.

I'm not sure if I should mention this in public but... I've started watching Lucifer from S01. I'm liking it so far but I think it will get old pretty quickly. Same schtick every episode, fun though.
  6. Tex Peter Johnson (47)

But he did find his alien!
  7. Mr Wobbly Nicholas Shehadie (39)

^ yeah, kinda :)
  8. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Just started watching this. It's really good and a refreshing difference to all the other super hero shows out there (seemingly 50% of all shows and movies now!).
  9. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

I had avoided The Boys because I assumed it was based on that intense as hell Aussie dramatic movie from the late 90s with David Wenham
  10. Eyes and Ears Arch Winning (36)

Was that the Anita Cobby movie?
  11. Mr Wobbly Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Well zombies and vampires had a pretty good run for a while :)

I just discovered there is an after-show for season 2. Hosted by a C bomb dropping, Aisha Tyler. It's a good chuckle but Butcher and Highlander's kiwi accents are a bit unsettling. Also, I liked Aisha's hair better in Archer ;)
  12. Mr Wobbly Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Avoid no longer, it's based on a comic book.
  13. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

First 2 eps of S2 have been lazy as shit. There's been about 10 seconds of superfeats combined. Barely even know what Blondie's power is as she never bloody uses it. And without them powers it's just a cosplay soapie.
  14. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

I'm nearing the end of Ridley Scott's Raised by Wolves.

I love it. Super fucking weird and super Ridley Scott. Lots of Androids with weird milky innards. A cross between Blade Runner, Metropolis and Solaris. Favourite opening credits and song of 2020.

Budget clearly all went to CGI though. Often it is very drab and uninteresting landscapes that were filmed in South African scrubland, behind a parking lot I presume. Episodes are 10 minutes too long but it's a good Sci-fi universe that they've put thought into the world building.

15. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Finished season 2 of The Boys last night. What a cracking show.
  16. The Honey Badger Jim Lenehan (48)

Umbrella Academy,

You are kidding aren't you??

How old are you guys, 12??

I'm up to ep 3. tuning out now.

Any adults care to recommend, Dismal,? Succession was good, what next?
    Dismal Pillock likes this.
  17. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

Yeah I flagged it after ep 2. Gave up on Doom Patrol too.

The Boys came around but if it wasnt for the dreadfully awesome Homelander character I might've ditched that too

Kind of glad I stuck with it. The dialogue drags a bit but the mental moments more than make up for it.

The black dude almost getting strangled to death by a psych ward supe experiment guys unfeasibly long todger

**SPOILER GIFS OH BABY** ep 5? 6?
    media1.tenor.com/images/298ae3ac6eac3d25d005f88c62c87c32/tenor.gif?itemid=18662916
    media2.giphy.com/media/LqCPwYXolwr30jsfYr/giphy.gif

------------------------------------------

Started on PEN15. Mental premise of 2 women portraying 13 year olds. Just bizarro. Bit like Jonah from Summer Heights High

[IMG]
    The Honey Badger likes this.