• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Good Friday 29th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Scott Allen the Reds switched off after getting a 15 point lead. They sat back on defence and stopped contesting the ball. The Clan came back with 2 good tries, but saying that both edit: late Clan tries could have been stopped.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
ACR dumb play at times cost the Clan as much as the ref. That call about Butler was an absolute shocker though, he definitely knocked that on right in front of the ref.

Issue for the clan is that, while Gill was on, their loosies were pretty comprehensively outplayed.

Of course, we always make mistakes and so did the Reds but they got help from the man in pink. It's not shocking decisions but just repeated wrong decisions. This game wasn't so bad, not as bad as last weeks farce.

Qwerty knows my pain.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds should have gone on with it and ripped them to shreds, but let them back in.

Highlanders just didn't look interested until the end. What is wrong?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sensational work Ash. My cable signal cut out due to bad weather in the 77th minute. You are a legend for your commentary from that point on.

Ref had some one eyed moments in this game. ACR you are right but it seemed all game the Reds were the only one pinged for off their feet at ruck time despite the Clan doing it plenty.

Bonus point win. GO THE MIGHTY REDS. So thrilled with that result.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
ACR letting the Reds get a 15 point lead basically cost them the game. The Clan came back well, though. In particular the Clan reserves made a big impact.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Of course, we always make mistakes and so did the Reds but they got help from the man in pink. It's not shocking decisions but just repeated wrong decisions. This game wasn't so bad, not as bad as last weeks farce.

Righto, if you couldn't see half the crap Peper was letting your lot getting away with then you're just being a sore loser.

You came close, but the crap defence you lot had cost you the game not the man with the whistle.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
None of the highlanders line outs were thrown in straight, so it wasn't all one way.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
F#ck, that was close, Ref was shocking, he should get the 2015 WC final.

Apart from a couple of things, I actually thought that Peyper had a reasonable game with the whistle. He gave decent advantage, and was pretty clear as to his expectations for the breakdown.

Very glad we got the win though - and the full 5 points at that. Both teams came out willing to play, you can't really ask for more!

Our breakdown performance in the second half makes you realise how much work Gill does. A few silly errors, but it seems to me that our performance curve is on the up.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gave up a big lead which is not on, but got the win with bonus point and win. So much work to be done.
HLD gave Cooper and genia heaps of time tonight. Thanks

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
These commentators are way better than the Aus

Thats not saying a lot, really. Tonight, they were woefully one sided and made Kearns look average.

I like the two saffa guys in the early morning games the best.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Justin Marshall is quality. Would love to see him pair up with Sharpie and maybe Naas Botha in the leading commentators role.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
None of the highlanders line outs were thrown in straight, so it wasn't all one way.

It wasn't one way, the Reds just got the OBVIOUS breaks. I'm not totally denigrating the referee here, we just haven't got the 'rub of the green', 'bounce of the ball'. I've watched 5 Highlanders games and while they haven't played well, we've come behind with the ref every game. To whoever said the Reds got pinged for being off their feet and we didn't, IMO the Reds were pretty obvious about it.

For the record, I don't think the Reds deserved to lose or vice versa. The Highlanders still performed poorly. It's like the RWC final, Joubert was terrible but I don't particularly think France earned a win. Vice versa 2007.

Righto, if you couldn't see half the crap Peper was letting your lot getting away with then you're just being a sore loser.

Such as.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Well done Reds, close win but I think a deserved one.
Couple of points re the reds from that match
1. Genia is a class act. Both the Reds & Wallabies need this guy fit to be competitive with the best
2. Holmes, Hanson, Slipper is definitely Reds best front row. The scrum was good until Daley replaced Holmes, then it fell apart. As good as Daley & S Faainga are around the paddock, they just can't scrummage well enough at this level.
3. A Faainga may not have the attack we need at test level, but shit he can tackle!
4. Simmons has further to go, but he's getting back to some of the form he showed two years ago.
5. Cooper remains, as always, extraordinarily talented but fragile under pressure.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
3. A Faainga may not have the attack we need at test level, but shit he can tackle!

He can tackle an scrap but he also passes. Something we have not had recently in the Wobs. I'd love to see him play tests at 13.

I won't bag Quade. He must be a bloody enigma to play against. Especially when his little mate is fit and playing as well as he is. They showed the wide angle of Genia's try. The Clan were watching Quade and missed Genia. They come as a double act much like Gregan and Larkham.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just watching Chambers playing for the Storm. Really looking like a Union 13 tonight.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Interesting, at times it could be perhaps said the Highlanders looked 'Schoolboy'... Perhaps Joseph's obsession with schoolboys isn't a good thing..

Also, I would feel sorry for the Highlanders for losing five, but all we ever got from NZ and SA last year was 'how bad is the Aussie conference'... so they can enjoy their defeat, cheers boys

Status
Not open for further replies.