• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders Vs Western Force - Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I tipped it with a joker!!!! Well done boys. We had everything thrown at us including the ref and deserved the win.

Sias is hitting the line so well. Who would of thought. Rosalea was great. The back row. The team is going well. So fucking proud and happy!!!!

M

Moono75

Really happy with the win but want to see the backline opened up and used morem Bennu Mac has been huge so far thia year. Hope he isnt rubbed out. Cotterell is getting physical at the breakdown and putting on some good hits...make them think twice.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thought Rosalea is actually one of your weakest backline players for much of all the games so far.

Ebersohn, Hayward and Morahan are going very well in the backline. Would like to see Ebersohn kick a little less at times still.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Thought Rosalea is actually one of your weakest backline players for much of all the games so far.

Ebersohn, Hayward and Morahan are going very well in the backline. Would like to see Ebersohn kick a little less at times still.
Not tonight. Rosalea had a great game. Ran the ball well. Scored some
Meat and defended ok.

Sias is really impressing me this year. I thought Holmes would keep him on the bench

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
What a disappointment that game was. Giving away some of the softest tries i have ever seen just killed us. The opening round slaughter of the blues really made me think the team of nobodies were going to do much better this year.

Was there with the boy in the zoo stand and could not believe the massive gaps left around the rucks. I am surprised Mathewson did not have a few cracks at the line from the back of the rucks. For large parts of the game the highlanders looked like they were just going through the motions, apart from some nice line breaks and when they were within the 22.

The inexperience really showed last night. They looked dangerous last night and I really thought some quick taps near the line and tight pick and goes would have been the better way to go. The only consolation is, that as badly as they played, they still only lost by two. could have easily been a slaughter.

Oh well. Hurricanes next week. If they can click and get it right, could be an entertaining night.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
6 weeks you kidding right? The bloke he tackled should get 6 weeks for the acting he did after sure ben mac did a stupid thing got a yellow but the guy landed on his back rolled over and thought oh I can milk this one and started to hold his he's was stupid. Yellow card offence that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No not kidding, I not saying it right or wrong, but they all over tip tackles, and whether we like it or not it was a tip tackle, and without ball! Generally tip tackles get about 6 weeks, and I know if it a player from our own team that cops it, it seems unfair, but I not sure of Bens record and he may get time off for it being clean. I actually think most tip tackles and any dangerous tackle is stupid, but the judiciary don't tend to say "oh he's just stupid, so we'll be lenient".

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well done Force! Early season egg on a lot of faces. Didn't watch the game but surprised that the Highlanders didn't take this.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Ben McCalman is in brilliant form at the moment. Him, Cliffy and Higgers are having a great battle for the Wallaby #8 jersey.

And Angus Cottrell could be a Wallaby bolter as well.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Sumo's comment was so much gold: "Best. Post match. Interview. Ever."

He's right you know. I though poor old Melody was going to wet herself too. He's a fucking legend. We love him over here.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ben McCalman is in brilliant form at the moment. Him, Cliffy and Higgers are having a great battle for the Wallaby #8 jersey.

Nah - too young. Can't put a player with his inexperience in a test match.o_O

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Higgers is out of the picture at the moment, his last 2 games have been uninspiring. 6. Fardy 8. Palu 20. McCalman

Plenty of time left in the season however.

Status
Not open for further replies.