• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders Vs Western Force - Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fardy's breakdown prowess definitely has his nose in front. Personally, I prefer to have an openside flanker on the bench.

Unfortunately for Cottrell, I just don't see him taking the step up to Test level. He isn't quite tall enough to be a 6, isn't quite explosive enough to be an 8 and doesn't have the breakdown skills to be a 7.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Angus is only 4cm shorter than Higgers and 2cm shorter than reed and is taller than messem. he is young I don't think he will make the step up for a few years if he does at all.

But he is one of those players who gets better every time he makes the step up before he signed with the force he wasn't on anyones radar and was looking to have a gap year playing in Spain....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure the reported height stat is accurate on Cottrell, he doesn't look that tall in game at all.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Height is probably less important than wingspan. I guess with Cottrell he is one of those notters.

Higginbotham has been out of form, but he has the potential to be explosive, Messam is better at the breakdown and can also be explosive (but he is a really up and down player). Read is something else. He's a jumper, he's explosive and he is top notch at the breakdown.

Maybe Cottrell will get there and I have to say I like the guy. But I won't be holding my breath.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He's the kind of guy every Super Rugby team needs, no doubt about it. You need the guys who do the hard, shit work week in, week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.