• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland vs Springbokke @ Aviva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ireland showing thus far that the ABs game was not a one-off. Looking competitive going toe-to-toe with one of the SH three.

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
How come Ireland are dressed like the Warringah Rats? Surely the Boks should be wearing the away jersey if there is a conflict.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
How come Ireland are dressed like the Warringah Rats? Surely the Boks should be wearing the away jersey if there is a conflict.

The home side changes traditionally in rugby, or at least it does here in the NH.

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cheers Shelts, I didn't know that. You'd think I would have picked it up in watching 30 years of test matches...guess I'd better pay closer attention.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Ireland look one dimensional in attack need to vary it up a bit more with less kicking. The Boks bench will make the difference in this one I reckon, Ireland are making a lot of tackles without much reinforcements to bring on

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Cheers Shelts, I didn't know that. You'd think I would have picked it up in watching 30 years of test matches.guess I'd better pay closer attention.

No worries, don't think there are many clashes of jerseys in reality so doesn't come up very often.

Ireland look one dimensional in attack need to vary it up a bit more with less kicking. The Boks bench will make the difference in this one I reckon, Ireland are making a lot of tackles without much reinforcements to bring on

Got to agree. Also felt the bok attack started to get a bit more forward momentum towards the end. especially when the centres carried.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Reckon the 1D Ness of the attack is just part of the game plan. You're not going to attack from deep against the books. That'll change if they get in the Bok 22 likely.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Superb try by Ireland! Bowe is a natural finisher. Will be seriously worried about them come the 6N's.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Great win game changed on the yellow card. Wad stupid from Strauss but didn't warrant a card imo. Jonny Sexton was imperious what a class act

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ireland seem to come up with a different game plan for each side they face. Love how they didn't engage the maul on the lineout and McGrath came in around the back -- NZ pulled the same move on SA in the Under 20's World Championship.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Epic win by Ireland. Huge win over the Bok in a team missing O'brien, Healy, Best, Moore, Henry, McFadden, D.Kearney and D'Arcy from our 23 by injury. And of course Drico for other reasons.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Strauss' s card was justified as the Bok had made four high tackles in a row. Was a 'team' card.
Yup. The Boks started headhunting early with Serfontein attempting to decapitate Heaslip. Had Poite warned them then, maybe they'd have taken fewer chances up high.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Epic win by Ireland. Huge win over the Bok in a team missing O'brien, Healy, Best, Moore, Henry, McFadden, D.Kearney and D'Arcy from our 23 by injury. And of course Drico for other reasons.
Not just that, but against the same Springbok that beat New Zealand (barely). If Ireland is a confidence team, this game lays a decent foundation. And with the injuries, they've just developed some depth.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Not just that, but against the same Springbok that beat New Zealand (barely). If Ireland is a confidence team, this game lays a decent foundation. And with the injuries, they've just developed some depth.

Ireland can take injuries pretty much anywhere now - the only position that would hurt a lot more than any would be for Sexton to get injured. Sexton is Schmidts on field tactician. Murray too is huge.

Have to say, Ireland must be the most intelligent team in world rugby. Its all thanks to their coach Schmidt. How many teams in the world can be so well tactically drilled, that they can lose their own scrums, and lose their own lineouts, yet still come out with a 15+ win. Schmidt seemed to avoid competing in the lineouts due to the SA prowess there. Instead he stuck to Irelands strengths in a ridiculously tough defense and breakdown nuisance. It was like the Boks were expecting a fight for the scrums and lineouts, and Ireland simply just said "have them" and fought elsewhere.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
If I was an Irish fan I don't think you could be more pleased with a result (with the exception of defeating New Zealand).

Gutsy, intelligent, physical, a squad with probably the best depth Ireland has ever had simply because they have overcome notable injuries and one exceptional retirement, and good coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.