• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
buggies beat Gregs 67-7 at Rat Park. Apparently gregs were a bit better than the score suggests - good backs but need a couple of forwards. Auggies played without their normal 1,4,6,9,10,12 and 14.

Rhys Dombkins had his knee in a brace. He wont be playing until 18 June. All others will return next week

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
buggies beat Gregs 67-7 at Rat Park. Apparently gregs were a bit better than the score suggests - good backs but need a couple of forwards. Auggies played without their normal 1,4,6,9,10,12 and 14.

Rhys Dombkins had his knee in a brace. He wont be playing until 18 June. All others will return next week

That has always been Greg's problem. Most of their players only have League experience and tend to lack any sort of knowledge in terms Rugby and its forwards play. Back when I played for them (03 & 04) I would always try to get my brother to pack down behind me as no one else knew to push.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Agree - in the years they played the Joeys Twos in trials they looked bloody impressive with ball in hand and they looked like buff young men compared to the Joeys lads who looked like .. er .. schoolboys. It looked like the league club the school had connections to had helped out there.

But once the ball was on the deck they had no clue. It took the Joeys coaches a while to work out that pick and go was a complete mystery to the league fellows and the maul was something from another sporting planet. The Keebra Park lads had similar problems in the hybrid game at Brookie a few weeks ago though some of them had played rugby because the school plays union also - and they knew what a lineout was all about.

But anybody know, for sure, if the Greg guys that played Augies were only boarders? If so, nothing has changed at Gregs.

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does any one know who are in the ISA teams for the NSW school trials?:

I think I can make a start but don't know the full line-ups or who are in 'ISA 1's' and who are in 'ISA 2's.

Can any one add to the list and/or separate '1's from '2's'

Opens:

Jake Cutler (Stannies)
Connor Lamond (Stannies)
Sam Renzaglea (Stannies)
Luke Culinane (Stannies)
Senio Toleafeo (Stannies)
Harry Veitch (stannies)
Sam Gemmell (Stannies)
Tom Koetz (Stannies)
Jason Date (Kinross)
Tom Hobbs (Kinross)
Matt Simpson (Kinross)

U/16's

Bevan Flanagen (Stannies)
Ben Hunt (Stannies)
John Melville (Stannies)
Jack Yeomans (Kinross)
Billy Freeman (Kinross)
Jnr Mewett (Kinross)
Lucas Ferran (Kinross)
Harry Staples (St Pius)
Jeffrey Markus (St Pats)

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
ISA training is on this Sunday at Blue Mountains Grammar. Knowledge of the teams should be known after this

Heally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey guys some interesting results around that's for sure . I do know that 4 players from Oakhill 1st XV did not bother to trial for ISA this year as they are year 11. The two centers and a couple of forwards did not even bother trialling.
Great to see some excellent comments and info about ISA rugby, I am sure the season will be a cracker !!

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hey guys some interesting results around that's for sure . I do know that 4 players from Oakhill 1st XV did not bother to trial for ISA this year as they are year 11. The two centers and a couple of forwards did not even bother trialling.
Great to see some excellent comments and info about ISA rugby, I am sure the season will be a cracker !!

How many from Oakhill made the teams - names would be good and positions

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
How many from Oakhill made the teams - names would be good and positions

Oakhill Opens - 1,2,7,8,9,10,15 (2,7,9 are yr11's) I'm told. These guys ripped Stannies a new one in Rd 1 and deserve selection in ISA 1's if their real about competing with GPS and CAS. Or they can just lay down and pick a politically pleasing but less talented team and let the other associations dominate NSW selections and lose again to QLD. Come on Papa mix it up, Augustines have a good side but not the whole 15. Pick a team that can get us a couple of wins and grab some blue jumpers from those who think it's their birthright to represent NSW schools.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Under 16's ISA Reps from Oakhill

Cale Angeloni No10
Max Brinnand No 9
James Benton No 3
Josh Anderson No 4 or 5
Ben Cotton No15 or 13

Brinnand and Angeloni also play in the mighty parramatta under 16 rep team, Anderson and Cotton also plays for Eastwood.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
St Pius's under 16's team are looking good this year having only lost 1 game so far in a trial to Pats by a only about 5. From speaking to the boys they arnt getting ahead of themselves as they no Auggies will be very tough to beat.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Oakhill Under16's have won the comp for the last 2 years in a row in this age group, they will be the ones to beat. They demolished Stannies 29 points to nil.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oakhill Under16's have won the comp for the last 2 years in a row in this age group, they will be the ones to beat. They demolished Stannies 29 points to nil.
That is true although Yr 10 is usually the year Auggies get an influx of new students but im expecting Oakhill to be right up there. It will cetainly be a close comp this year in the 16's

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
This week's round
Auggies v St Pats
Oakhill v St Andrews
Stannies v St Pius
St Gregs v St Andrews.

Last week's results:
St Andrews 24 def St Pats 14
Kinross 27 def St Pius 3
Oakhill 46 def Stannies 5
Auggies 65 def St Gregs 7

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pats seem to fluctuate each year. It seems to go up and down with 2007 team coming 2nd , 2008 coming 3rd, aswell as 2010 (only just lost to Oakhill on the bell for 2nd).But in 2009 and it seems now in 2011, that they struggle to keep up the results year in year out. What puzzles me is they are usually so strong in the junior years, beating many GPS and CAS teams, but can't seem to keep it up throughout their schooling.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pats seem to fluctuate each year. It seems to go up and down with 2007 team coming 2nd , 2008 coming 3rd, aswell as 2010 (only just lost to Oakhill on the bell for 2nd).But in 2009 and it seems now in 2011, that they struggle to keep up the results year in year out. What puzzles me is they are usually so strong in the junior years, beating many GPS and CAS teams, but can't seem to keep it up throughout their schooling.
Perhaps boys who are good junior footballers get exelled or drop out from the school at the end of yr 10? I know this is a problem at St Pius as each year group consistently loses a few good rugby players at the end of yr 10

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Weekend results for 1st XV

Augustine's 70 defeated St Pats 21
Oakhill 38 defeated St Andrew's 5
St Stannies 29 defeated St Pius 0
Kinross 41 defeated St Gregory's 14

C

chilling

stannies 16 A's saw a win against st pius. couldnt tell you the score but it was a very close game

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
stannies 16 A's saw a win against st pius. couldnt tell you the score but it was a very close game
20-17 St Pius had a try disallowed in the last play that would have won them the game although the ref called a very line ball forward pass

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
Has anyone seen the ISA team lists yet?

The best I can come up with is :
Opens:

Tom Leatherby (St Augustines)
Tim Dyer (St Augustines)
Mitch Hanigan (St Augustines)
Rhys Dombkins (St Augustines)
Tim Conlon (St Augustines)
Jack Purcell (St Augustines)
Louis Anderson (St Augustines)