• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
Fellows - no more posts about politics or bias in selections in this thread whether your views are right or wrong. We have seen a good example here of how a thread can be hjacked.

It is an interesting topic and should be discussed by those who are interested in it; but not in this thread.

Please do so in this thread.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...d-bias-gold-squads-unfairness-etc.8261/page-4

By all means you can leave a message on this thread that you have a complaint about ISA selections on the 'politics and bias' thread. Provide a link.

Just to revisit what I wrote on the other thread (in post #77:

Lee,

Could you please explain to me what the difference is between what was being discussed on here and whats going on at the CAS site in regard to selections? and when will that discussion be moved to the other thread. By the way, good luck keeping the lid on the Hunters Hill brethren if god forbid Joeys didn't earn a single place in a GPS I's team.

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Crofty, gidday, agree about the three tiers but I think from what I read Andrews, Stannies Kinross and Pats are close in with a chance, which is good for the comp, can't see Kinross as leaders as long as the ref is awake up see some of the antics of the odd player of theirs (pulling down players over the ruck to get a penalty against the other side. Kinross are a very good team and can win that foursome playoff, but so can the other 3 teams. Andrews may have players who deserve a rep jersey ? Could be possible with a squad injury ?
Hey Pedro, love your work but still can't make head nor tail of a lot of what you say. Think you are being kind to Andrews to think they can get up over Stannies, Kinross or Pats - but maybe they were way below their best against Oakhill?? Big game for Stannies next round away against Pats - hope your boys will be up for it.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Crofty Gregs is beaten by only 5 points by Andrews only 8 poits by Kinross 1 week earlier a mere 3 points more & you say I am generous with Andrews while you say Kinross are favourites to win 3rd place even while they gave Stannies 3 easy chances to win the game against them. Yet u claim u go by recent performance .All 4 teams are as close as is possible and Gregs can do better if they keep theball moving and don‘t rest on their score if they get in front on the scoreboard. It is a very good competition and that makes for better rugby and strong ISA

Bill McLean (32)
Lee,

Could you please explain to me what the difference is between what was being discussed on here and whats going on at the CAS site in regard to selections? and when will that discussion be moved to the other thread. By the way, good luck keeping the lid on the Hunters Hill brethren if god forbid Joeys didn't earn a single place in a GPS I's team.

LMAO@No9

"the Hunters Hill brethren ... Still LMAO@No9

Lee on a serious note this is a good call by No9. It so very hard to be definitive, and police.

As No9 states, the CAS thread is rife with such posts! IMO if it deals and/or is related to the thread topic it is entitled to remain in the thread

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
No.9/Newbie

All is I can say is that isolating certain topics into a separate thread works and that in the past allowing such things in every thread has not worked.

We know that there are some forums that don't bother so much about this kind of thing. These forums may be of interest to people who object to our treatment of the subjects.

There are always are a few objections to our policy and it always happens this time of the year and sometimes it is the same people who don't like it and complain each year as if they didn't know.

Please tell me which CAS posts (give me the number of the post) has content that pertains to bias or politics and I will have a look at them and zap them too if needs be. I looked from page no. 21 onwards and couldn't spot anything but you have obviously have a sharper eye than I do.

Thanks

Don't forget that the matters can be discussed in the "Bias and politics" thread.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey No9 all the Stannies ISA rep players as I speak are fit and healthy to play rep and for Stannies. Eating rice in China for breakfast lunch and tea then, to Japan to play 7 games in 11 days with only some 1s players took its toll on all players.
Hey Crofty, all Stannies players will be back to where they can be physically by the next round, although they did loose one player at training, before Kinross and another was out injured. All stannies players are in line to be almost fully recovered, for Pats and ISA rep games.
Excellent strong competition between Pats, Stannies, Kinross and Andrews, Gregs is not far behind, only 8 points between Kinross and them.
Oakhill and Augustines may have a game on there hands, with Stannies after the holidays, all being well. I am not saying Stannies will win, I am saying they are learning, and hopefully provide some competition for them.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
I am interested to see ISA rep team lineups. Stannies Luke Cullinane is no 5 for 1s ISA rep and plays No8 for Stannies; Mitch Green reserve fullback/back 3 for ISA rep, always played fullback for Stannies and Kinross and centralwest; John Stevens tight head prop 2nds ISA rep and played hooker and prop last year, prop this year for Stannies, and flanker/centre for Bathurst Bulldogs colts (premiers) last year.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
It'll be Auggies/Oaks and daylight again unless Stannies have found some new players. Kinross showed flashes last year, Pats might threaten but it's hard to match the two big guns
How many points more will Oakhill and Augustines make over Stannies ? Stannies lost one of their 16s props to Riverview, plays Riverview 2nds. Found no new players, but all but four of last years team left, and two different 1s coaches.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
How many points more will Oakhill and Augustines make over Stannies ? Stannies lost one of their 16s props to Riverview, plays Riverview 2nds. Found no new players, but all but four of last years team left, and two different 1s coaches.

Not sure what you mean, this post was made a couple of months ago when the question was posted as to who would be the teams to beat in 2012. From a 2 round form guide, it looks fairly accurate.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure what you mean, this post was made a couple of months ago when the question was posted as to who would be the teams to beat in 2012. From a 2 round form guide, it looks fairly accurate.

Hey Ryan, I am asking what you think Oakhill will beat Stannies by now please mate, by how much ?
10, 20, 30, cause you may still think they will win by a long shot, but how much cause yes that was two months ago, how about now ? more or less or same ?

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Ryan, does that crystal ball actually work or is it fake, lets try it out ?
How much will ISA rep 1s and 2nds beat CHS by on the 17th June ?
Where are those games being played and when do they start ?
Will ISA go on to beat CAS and GPS ? please ?

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Pedro - don't think I'd vote for you man - you're too out there for me!

Re your Q's on rep games. Sun, 17 June games are at Rat Park. ISA 2s play CCC and the 1s play CHS 1s (first fixture is CHS 2 v Country at 12:15pm). On the following Friday (22/6) the 2s play CAS 2s and the 1s play CAS 1s - both games at Knox. ISA doesn't get the opportunity to play GPS. Fixtures start about 10:30am in what promises to be an excellent day of top class school boy rugby.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Crofty thankscan we view the times for rep games on a web site ? I was joking with Ryan his pic has a crystal ball but serious about what people think where Stannies are now.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hey Ryan, I am asking what you think Oakhill will beat Stannies by now please mate, by how much ?
10, 20, 30, cause you may still think they will win by a long shot, but how much cause yes that was two months ago, how about now ? more or less or same ?

I haven't seen Stannies play this year but they are a much stronger proposition at home and that's where they play Oakhill this year. Depends on a number of things, weather, injury etc. As always it will be a rugged encounter. Oakhill are playing well after 15 minutes or so, once they settle down (although against Joeys they started well and fell off after 15 minutes). Any side who puts it to them in the forwards, minimises mistakes and takes their chances to score points early could rattle Oakhill. Also haven't seen Auggies, but their scorelines indicate they could belt anyone by 30 or more.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hey Ryan, does that crystal ball actually work or is it fake, lets try it out ?
How much will ISA rep 1s and 2nds beat CHS by on the 17th June ?
Where are those games being played and when do they start ?
Will ISA go on to beat CAS and GPS ? please ?

Absolutely no idea. Next year when the majority of those still playing the game are all running around in 3rd grade colts it won't matter much anyway.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The ISA selections again cause grief amongst the forum . I do not agree with the selection of predominantly one school in any representative side but with only one training session, combinations become important and with a large volume of players from two schools it does make sense. However misguided by selectors this may be, they need to stick with the combo's and make changes from there. Augustine's has had a good few years over a number of years and only time will tell if they are as good this year and deserve their dominance.

I agree with these remarks and if School X is indeed the premier school in a particular year it is fair enough to have the team that has mainly the X players in it to be the Ones and the other side, the Twos.

I am also not that fussed if a lot of boys from one school or one association of schools are in the State Ones or if they have a lot in the State Twos. They will have combinations from school games or trials that a team can use. National selectors are dipping more into Twos teams and even the Combined States team. I don't care so much about which state wins the national championship and having every putative schoolboy star shoe-horned into the State Ones to do so, though I understand that others would disagree.

Incidentally, I thought it was a wonderful idea, once Victoria and WA got their own teams in the Opens Championships, to give, especially, NSW and Qld lads lads, a second chance - in the CS side. Last year Miller and Baldwin started for Oz Schools v NZ Schools after playing for CS and McIntyre played from the bench.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What you say is logical Lee, but it does not take into account that in the NSW trials very few if any ISA II's boys are ever selected for higher honours.
It would be galling to think that your chances of being selected in the NSW squad have virtually disappeared due to you not going to "X" School, despite being arguably the best in your position.
Personally I believe that team combinations are less important than matching styles. All the Schoolboy teams run the same moves or close derivations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom