• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
No9 earlier
"I thought playing 1st XV level requires focus in every encounter unless you are arrogant to the point of not respecting your opposition".
I agree woody, it requires complete fous at every minute of every encounter and I consider almost every team in the ISA 1sts comp can burn another team if that focus and respect is not fully maintained for the entire 2, 35 minute halves.
Oakhill I think are the deserved best team in the comp currently, however I must say lots of you say Kinross are hot, well Stannies drew with Kinross.
Lots of backpeddling going on, once Auggies easily deserved 17 players in ISA rep, Stannies none, then after they play Oh Auggies only have 16 year olds to play, struggle to run on a 1sts team.
St Pats are on fire, then after they play Stannies, no St Pats are play poorly.
Kinross are THE team this year, after they play Stannies, for some strange reason they are the big treat.
I think every coach and team has lifted the comp, Gregs, Stannies, Kinross, Auggies, St Pats, Oakhill, all deserve a lot of respect, have some excellent players, and any team which relaxes at any time during a game against these teams pays the price, especially at the critical times during a game.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hi Lee yes I am going to the Stannies Gregs matches one of my sons is in Stannies 1sts hope Gregs can field at least 5 opens teams I have a lot of respect for Gregs Stannies 1sts better mark up or those Gregs backs will put on tries. Stannies have yet to learn there is 35 minutes in the second half not 25, that must be driving Dean mad.Pleas put on regular up dates about Kinross v Oakhill during the game. I will try to do that on my silly phone.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
On Murray Mexted Austdalians are able to live in & visit NZ who have Inside Rugby Academy, International Rugby Academy ~Murray is head of, NZ Academy of Sport ~Rugby. Plus Australians can attend their universities and their academies, NZ make Aussies pay more than NZ residences.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Hi Lee yes I am going to the Stannies Gregs matches one of my sons is in Stannies 1sts hope Gregs can field at least 5 opens teams I have a lot of respect for Gregs Stannies 1sts better mark up or those Gregs backs will put on tries. Stannies have yet to learn there is 35 minutes in the second half not 25, that must be driving Dean mad.Pleas put on regular up dates about Kinross v Oakhill during the game. I will try to do that on my silly phone.

Where is this game being played?

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
We have In Austraia Rugby Academy, University of Queensland or Gold Coast Rugby Academy, have to be 18+ to stay on campus. South Africa‘ s International Rugby Academy run an Elite players course 4 for -21 year olds in this December early, runs for 2 weeks intensive course, I would love 2 have my son go but it is dangerous in SA unless u know where to go

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
My sons mate Sanyo from last years Stannies 1st just got back from SAfrica been there for months for West Harbour in a development sqad. Which club is a good one for development of colts players. Already have a club who is very interested but he needs to attend uni as well for law or medicine

Heally

Frank Nicholson (4)
The ISA website is up to date with points.. tried to post themhere for you guys to make any predictions and possible scenarios but they didn't format properly...

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
St Greg’s Vs St Stanislaus Stannies by 8 points, but they could easily not mark up their good backs & lose.
Oakhill Vs Kinross-Wolaroi Oakhill by 15 points, Kinros will have to somehow contain and wear down Oakhill's big forwards, no disrespect to Oakhill's backs, but that is where I would confront Kinros, and make them cough up penalties, thats what happened at Stannies.
St Augustine’s Vs St Andrew's St Augustines by 15 points, they should run the St Andrews forwards off their feet and wear them down, by sending the ball back and forth across the field.
St Pius Vs St Patrick’s St Patricks easily, just play their game, control the ball.
Any tips?[/quote]

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Pedro, thanks for your tips and insights.
Greg's have surprised me since coming back from the break and I think playing at home they will have the edge over your boys. They have demonstrated a recent ability to score plenty of points and I think their attack will prove too much for Stannies.
On form, agree with Oakhill over Kinross but I expect the boys from Orange to put up a strong showing. Tight early, but unlike you I think Oakhill's backs will open Kinross up as the game develops.
Agree with Auggies over Andrews but think the margin will be more like 50+ than 15.
Pats have been a disappointment after good trial form but I agree this game should be a comfortable win for them.

G

G&GR News Bot

Marist College made an emphatic statement on behalf of ACT Schools by defeating Hills Sports High School in the Quarter-Final of the Waratah Shield yesterday in Canberra. ACT schools were excluded from the competition in 2005 but NSW Rugby reinstated them this year. St. Edmunds College, who has won the Shield more often than any

Click this link to read the full article...

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Hey Pedro, thanks for your tips and insights.
Greg's have surprised me since coming back from the break and I think playing at home they will have the edge over your boys. They have demonstrated a recent ability to score plenty of points and I think their attack will prove too much for Stannies.
On form, agree with Oakhill over Kinross but I expect the boys from Orange to put up a strong showing. Tight early, but unlike you I think Oakhill's backs will open Kinross up as the game develops.
Agree with Auggies over Andrews but think the margin will be more like 50+ than 15.
Pats have been a disappointment after good trial form but I agree this game should be a comfortable win for them.

As long as it remains an open form game they very well may. Their Achilles heel is and always has been in the forwards. In fact, the strongest pack they have ever had was back in 2003 when they started competing. I was part of that pack with the average weight of 100kg. We just lacked the necessary nous across the pack.

Heally

Frank Nicholson (4)
As good as I can get it on the page for you to hypothesise over...

School Pnts+ Pnts- tries BP's Pnts Diff season TOTAL COMP POINTS Total Gm PL
St Augs 165 82 25 3 81 15 4
St Stan 120 58 16 4 62 14 5
Kinross 145 38 20 3 107 17 4
St Gregs 147 144 22 4 3 12 5
St Pius X 50 233 8 1 -183 5 5
Oakhill 217 24 33 5 193 25 5
St Patricks 67 185 11 1 -118 5 5
SACS 48 193 7 2 -145 6 5

ISA RUGBY 2012
1st XV Leading Point Scorers
Top 5 try Scorers Top 5 Conversions Top 5 Penalty Goals Top 5 Pointscorers
1 C.Taylor (5) STAUG D.Woodward (23) OAK M.Green (6) SSC D.Woodward (67) OAK
2 J. Ferguson (5) SSC C.O'Donnell (16) STG D.Woodward (2) OAK M.Cochrane (39) STAG
3 M.Gonzales (5) OAK M.Cochrane (12) STAG Z.Alverado (1) STG M.Greeen (45) SSC
4 B.Cotton (5) OAK M.Green (11) SSC H.Bristow (1) KNI C.O'Donnell (32) STG
5 J.Canning (5) OAK B.Bury (5) SPX J.Kaplan (1) STAG C.Taylor (25) STAG
6 L.Ferrari (5) KIN

Blindside63

Stan Wickham (3)
Oakhill 46 def Kinross 13. Game was still alive well into the second half before Oakhill wrapped it up. Kinross play a very high paced game which troubled Oakhill early. Oakhill led 10 - 8 at the break and were a little lucky to be in front at that point. Kinross caught Oakhill napping with quick taps and lineouts and Oakhill needed to defend well on their line to keep in front. Kinross have a few speedsters in the backs which helped to shut down several Oakhill line breaks. At the end of the day Oakhill were clear winners but didn't have it all their own way.

G

G&GR News Bot

The match between Kinross Wolloroi and Oakhill College held special significance as both an important round of the ISA competition and the Waratah Shield. Oakhill, the form side of the competition were favourites, but Kinross, undefeated to date had always given Oakhill trouble. Playing in front of the 2004 old boys, the last team to

Click this link to read the full article...

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
From the school boy Rugby Tribune
ISA Weekend Report - 4th August 2012

SYDNEY, NSW (05/08/12) - The ISA competition reached its penultimate round this weekend with the front runners Oakhill College hosting Kinross Wolaroi. St Augustine’s returned to the Northern Beaches to host St Andrew’s, returning to form with a comprehensive victory. St Greg’s also continued their impressive form, thrashing St Stanislaus College at Campbelltown.

Kinross travelled to Castle Hill still in title contention, having not lost a game this season. Although Kinross recorded a draw with Stannies earlier in the year, a victory this week would be a massive step in their chance of winning the title. Running with the wind in the first half, Kinross went into the break down 10 -8. This was to be as close as they would come to Oakhill, who went on a scoring spree in the second half. Final score 46-13. Well done to Cameron Daniels who scored three tries. Such is the depth at Oakhill this year, Cameron played in the 3rd XV last weekend.

After two tough games on the road, St Augustine’s returned home this weekend, hosting St Andrew’s Cathedral School. For the coaching and playing staff at St Andrew’s, the end of the season can not come quick enough, with Auggies running rampant, winning 78-3. St Andrew’s will travel to Strathfield next week to play St Pat’s, with both teams desperate for a win to finish their season on a high note.

Once again St Greg’s maintained their winning form, recording a record 54-22 win over the boys from Bathurst. The game next week involving St Augustine’s and St Greg’s should be an absolute beauty, with St Greg’s capable of causing what would be a massive upset.

With the Waratah Shield reaching its conclusion, well done to both Oakhill and St Augustine’s who will play quarter final games this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.