• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jarryd Hayne signs with Fiji Sevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
Judging by his appearances so far, he does not deserve to make it. That may not come into the equation though.

The interesting thing I noticed during all the games I watched was the body language of the Fijian team towards Hayne, there was no warmth from any of the players and it looked like they were deliberately ignoring him on the field. Hayne looked unfit and too heavy

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The interesting thing I noticed during all the games I watched was the body language of the Fijian team towards Hayne, there was no warmth from any of the players and it looked like they were deliberately ignoring him on the field. Hayne looked unfit and too heavy

I have lived and worked in Tonga, also spent some time in PNG. I would be very reluctant to draw any conclusions about "body language" or "warmth" in a totally different culture.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well they were always go to blood him for a game as makes Hayne eligible for Fiji if Haynes plays rugby in Europe etc beyond 7's.

Bugger for Wallabies as getting Haynes to play for the Wallabies (in time) would have been huge drawcard. Regardless Haynes involvement in rugby great promotion for the game.

There seems to a mindset in rugby that does not exist in league which is we should not try and poach super stars of other codes. Matt Burke posted similar article in SMH over the weekend. To my he is part of the rugby old school brigade that will hold back the growth of rugby with this mindset.

There is a war on (marketable) talent and just stupid to not look outside given rugby already gets decimated by league etc with poaching of young school boys stars, and unless grow the game to compete - this will continue to happen.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
Well they were always go to blood him for a game as makes Hayne eligible for Fiji if Haynes plays rugby in Europe etc beyond 7's.

Bugger for Wallabies as getting Haynes to play for the Wallabies (in time) would have been huge drawcard. Regardless Haynes involvement in rugby great promotion for the game.

There seems to a mindset in rugby that does not exist in league which is we should not try and poach super stars of other codes. Matt Burke posted similar article in SMH over the weekend. To my he is part of the rugby old school brigade that will hold back the growth of rugby with this mindset.

There is a war on (marketable) talent and just stupid to not look outside given rugby already gets decimated by league etc with poaching of young school boys stars, and unless grow the game to compete - this will continue to happen.

No need to worry about blooding him. He has have no intention of hanging around rugby after the games. He is here solely to have a quick go of representing in the games and have a medal around his neck then disappear

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
No need to worry about blooding him. He has have no intention of hanging around rugby after the games. He is here solely to have a quick go of representing in the games and have a medal around his neck then disappear
Wow, you must be really close to Hayne to be able to deliver such insight!?!

Would you also like to tell us Jarryd's opinions on the upcoming federal election and also whether he prefers crunchy or smooth peanut butter??

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
IIRC HAyne was subbed on in the final minute in their game against France which they won by a cricket score. Surely you would put him on at half time in a game which was already won and had no bearing on the overall standings.

Either throw him in on the deep end or not bother. He needs max game time.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
IIRC HAyne was subbed on in the final minute in their game against France which they won by a cricket score. Surely you would put him on at half time in a game which was already won and had no bearing on the overall standings.

Either throw him in on the deep end or not bother. He needs max game time.
Depends if you aim is to embarrass him in the full media spotlight for as long as possible while he hasn't trained with the team, doesn't know the game and isn't conditioned yet.

If I were even minutely considering playing Hayne at the Olympics I'd play him as little as possible now.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow, you must be really close to Hayne to be able to deliver such insight!?!

Would you also like to tell us Jarryd's opinions on the upcoming federal election and also whether he prefers crunchy or smooth peanut butter??

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well he loves crunchy peanut butter and he is not really interested in the federal election as he will be overseas preparing for his gold medal at Rio ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
FFS some of the psycho-analysis here is funny. Get a phrenologist in here, quick!

:rolleyes:

Ben Ryan has come out and said he doesn't doubt the skill, but the fitness is nowhere near where it needs to be and he'll have to work hard on that in the next month to see if he's got what it takes.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The fitness required for rugby 7s is the polar opposite of the fitness required for gridiron. Will require intense aerobic training, while still retaining enough bulk for the one on one contests that is modern 7s. It's a big ask, but nothing is impossible. I don't doubt that he has the core skills to succeed at either form of rugby.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)

I did see a Fijian player giving Hayne a brother hug during the game during a break in the play as I was in the crowd at Twickers.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
The fitness required for rugby 7s is the polar opposite of the fitness required for gridiron. Will require intense aerobic training, while still retaining enough bulk for the one on one contests that is modern 7s. It's a big ask, but nothing is impossible. I don't doubt that he has the core skills to succeed at either form of rugby.

I agree, Quick Hands.
I would have gone for Usain Bolt!!!!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hayne_London_7s_medal.jpg

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Kieran Foran according to media reports has just quit the NRL and Parra are chasing Hayne. Which opens up there salary cap.

Perfect time to sign Hayne IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.