• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
It's tough if he wants a Euro gig for the 2014-15 season. The season starts in September and ends in May. I can't see many clubs okay with him leaving in November or even January. He has a big decision to make.

He'd be back in time to win the finals for his grateful Super team. Ticker tape parade then a short holiday in Bali. No way Link can deny him his rightful place in the wobs.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah, the chat was he is looking for a short term contract ending in January. I think if he's seriously changed he'll be at least looking for one that ends before pre-season commences.

A number of players have done this over the years though haven't they?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
He'd be back in time to win the finals for his grateful Super team. Ticker tape parade then a short holiday in Bali. No way Link can deny him his rightful place in the wobs.
Which was why Link was very clear about saying that he'd only pick players who played a full season of Super Rugby in 2015.

T

TOCC

I think his only chance would be to head to Japan following his European sojourn, at least the schedule their would flow from one season into the next..

Can't see many European clubs wanting to sign him for only the first half of the season.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Not that long-term planning has been his strong point, but I can't see that playing for 3 clubs in 12 months would benefit anyone - JOC (James O'Connor), the club he plays with for half a season, the Super club that takes him after he's played half a season already, or the Wallabies who would expect him to peak after playing constantly for 12 months.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He will probably be able to pick up a 3 month contract as injury cover for a team in England or France. But I agree with others he would be better off doing a proper preseason in Australia with a Super Rugby team.

If he does go back to Australia and has a good season in the run up to the RWC would you pick him in the Wobs squad at the risk of disrupting team harmony?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
We all have short memories Bardon.
Look at Quade,this time last year he was toast.
Now he is being touted as a potential Wallaby captain.
If JOC (James O'Connor) comes back,and he is in good form,everyone will wonder why he ever left.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Will he change though?
To his credit, Quade did some (or was forced to) do some introspection. He grew up.
I wonder if this incident has dented his ego, or is he still a fluffybunny?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think the difference with QC (Quade Cooper) is that he actually took steps to change his behaviour and also to stop hanging around with people who would be a bad influence on him.

I'm not sure JOC (James O'Connor) will do the same thing. I see him more as a Paul Gascoigne figure as someone who'll never really grow up. I'll be very glad to be proved wrong as he's a very talented player and a joy to watch when he's on top form.

T

Train Without a Station

When Quade was on the outer, he knuckled down and did/said the right things.

JOC (James O'Connor) went and took the cash and jumped out of the limelight for a while. Nothing suggests anything has changed with him.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
If he does go back to Australia and has a good season in the run up to the RWC would you pick him in the Wobs squad at the risk of disrupting team harmony?

I wonder weather the team dynamic has now changed. An example of him & others (the Dublin six) has been made. I think all the boys now understand that if they do not pull their weight then they will be sat on their arse. No special treatment. This will mean that if JOC (James O'Connor) does return to the fold that the others in team, both management & players, will be more likely to yank the chain long before it is a problem.

As to if I would like to see him play. If he returns, is in form & one of the best players in the country, I have no issue. As people have pointed out QC (Quade Cooper) managed to reform & I am sure that there are a few other 'bad boys' that we could name that have been given secound chances & made good. He just has to demonstrate that he has changed & wants it badly enough. Something that I don't think these comments do.

Llew

Bob McCowan (2)
Before he heads back south JOC (James O'Connor) should have a chat with Gavin Henson - perhaps he'll see what happens when you piss a load of talent and potential up the wall.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I see him more as a Paul Gascoigne figure as someone who'll never really grow up. I'll be very glad to be proved wrong as he's a very talented player and a joy to watch when he's on top form.

but you could at least respect gazza for being, well, gazza. he was a hard man.

but o'bieber???

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Midi Olympique claims that James O’Connor has signed a 3-year deal with Toulon with a clause written into the contract that will see him return to OZ to play in the Super Rugby 2015 season so he can make the Wallabies World Cup squad. He’ll return to Toulon after RWC

Oh come on James, you couldn't be made to look more than a mercenary if you tried. If this deal is true, I hope everyone in Aus rejects him.

Who does he think he is? Signs the fattest Euro contract and hustles into the contract to come back to Australia in 2015 purely on making the WC like he can just waltz into the squad and then leave straight after for the $$$ again.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
If this is true........ does he understand that once you are in a hole he needs to stop digging.

Am starting to hope that our backs depth is so good that he won't be able to fit anywhere.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I doubt they would pick him up. The reason he found it hard to get a gig before he went OS was because of his diva attitude. Clearly it's still present and possibly even worse so even if he plays for small change I reckon he won't get a gig. I hope he doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.