• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Eales Medal

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Cliffy Palu has been injured all year but is still nominated. That is how awesome Cliffy is ! BOW TO PALU POWER !!

T

TOCC

Cliffy Palu was on fire on the EOYT last year, that and he was at times the only forward actually going forward, not surprising he racked up the points.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Other 2010 award winners:
U20's player of the year: Robbie Coleman
Ref of the year: Stu Dickinson
Women's player of the year: Sharni Williams
7's player of the year: James Stannard
Hall of fame inductees: AC Williams, Trevor Allan, Andrew Slack
Rookie of the year: Kurtley Beale / Gilbert - Nice plug from J O'C also on the 'Gilbert' call
Try of the year: Kurtley Beale - awarded for his setup of J O'C against South Africa in Pretoria
Australia's choice player of the year: David Pocock

And the John Eales medallist for 2010 is......
David Pocock - 269 votes

Followed by:
Matt Giteau 193
Quade Cooper 146
Rocky Elsom & Kurtley Beale tied on 138
Nathan Sharpe 114
Wycliff Palu 113
Will Genia 111
Adam Ashley-Cooper 101
Luke Burgess 73

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gilbert Beale Rookie of the Year Beiber managed to call out Kurtley Gilbert Beale in announcing winner :)

and Try of the Year to Gilbert as well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Voting is open for the “Australia’s Choice – 2010 Qantas Wallaby of the Year” award.

Choices are:

# Adam Ashley-Cooper
# Kurtley Beale
# Luke Burgess
# Quade Cooper
# Rocky Elsom
# Will Genia
# Matt Giteau
# Wycliff Palu
# David Pocock
# Nathan Sharpe

Vote Here

winner is Bam Bam Pocock

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

If Bam Bam does not get at least 300 of those points then something is wrong in the state of Denmark. The issue is not will Bam Bam win the medal but by how much?

My tip is the silver medalist will be daylight at least 150 points in arrears. Nearly enough runs on the board to enforce the follow on.

Denmark is rotten. Bam Bam total score was 269 :yay Winner by 63 points or thereabouts. So much for my superior predictive maths.:'(

Well done Bam Bam. Awesome year. Now tear into the New Zealand Rugby Team in Bled IV next week.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Gits in second? Well he obviously must contribute a lot behind the scenes because I don't see it. Certainly rules out any chance of him being benched next week.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Pocock winning is well deserved. He's been head and shoulders above all others in the last 12 months. To my mind, only Sharpe has been close.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies really need promote Coleman out of the Academy before we lose another local...

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gits in second? Well he obviously must contribute a lot behind the scenes because I don't see it. Certainly rules out any chance of him being benched next week.

And even if he was, and Robbie utilised the bench as much as he has all year (ie not at all), Gits would still probably manage to poll votes.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
The JE Medal is like the Golden Globes. It's just a prelude to the Oscars. The award that all the players care about is the Green and Gold Rugby ... er .. laminated A4 sheet ... with their name on.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
it wasn't actually laminated. he got a complimentary plastic sleeve though

George-Smith-GAGR-Award-2009-smaller.jpg

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That certificate is all class. Fuck, have you got some kind of laser printer at home? or did you have to use the work one on the sly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom