• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Agree with Grant. Top 3 look pretty safe with the Whites & Eagles battling for 4th spot. Looking at the draw I'd say the Whites might scrape in but they wouldn't want it to be riding on their last game against Royals when the Eagles have the bye & a guaranteed 4 points
Yeah our boys won't want to leave it until then to secure it either. I wouldn't say you guys at Royals are completely safe either, I know you have a number of big guns to come back but they would want to get it back together pretty quick!

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah our boys won't want to leave it until then to secure it either. I wouldn't say you guys at Royals are completely safe either, I know you have a number of big guns to come back but they would want to get it back together pretty quick!

Totally agree

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Some clubs will get the players that are not in the Aussie squad so this will change the teams dramatically
This is true but I think talent is pretty well spread amongst the top 5 clubs, will definitely make it interesting with those boys coming back!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Does anyone else think it is a bit strange that we have a competition bye for a Sydney test match while Sydney club rugby is being played? Not minding the weekend off but couldn't we have it on the long weekend?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Does anyone else think it is a bit strange that we have a competition bye for a Sydney test match while Sydney club rugby is being played? Not minding the weekend off but couldn't we have it on the long weekend?

Mate I was thinking the samething - looks like ACT is the only place to have a BYE - I was hoping it was some sort of weird public holiday on Monday lol

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
From my playing days in Canberra the bye allowed for some incredible tours to go watch the Wallabies. I remember it made a great experience and re-energising the guys for the rest of the season. Talk about a bonding session.

Now that I'm involved in Sydney club rugby all you get is blokes taking off as soon as their game is finished for the 3 hour traffic jam crawl to Homebush. Much prefer the Canberra option.

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree that a bye gives clubs a well earned break and gives players time for bonding on tours , also it gives injured players time to return after a break.
While on the subject how are clubs going with injuries with 6 games to go before the finals?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Today's results:
Vikings 38 def Gungahlin 14
Royals 42 def Wests 21
Queanbeyan 42 def Easts 21 (saw conflicting scores so if anyone was there, can they confirm)

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Heard Vikings could be getting acouple of new quality players that have been playing in other comps but used to play for them, for the 2014 season.

Bugeye

Allen Oxlade (6)
Local rugby in the ACT has been let down by the advertising of matches of the John I dent Cup, some of these game are up to standard with the Shute Shield. I went on the Brumbies website looking for this weekends teams for the John I Dent cup but they have not been updated. I think it is time that ACT rugby split its ties with the Brumbies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yesterday's scores:

Vikings 49 def Uni-Norths 13
Gungahlin 70 def Easts 0
Queanbeyan 35 def Wests 7

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Local rugby in the ACT has been let down by the advertising of matches of the John I dent Cup, some of these game are up to standard with the Shute Shield. I went on the Brumbies website looking for this weekends teams for the John I Dent cup but they have not been updated. I think it is time that ACT rugby split its ties with the Brumbies.
To start with the ACT rugby won't be splitting from the Brumbies, while there was many pros from the review last year it was deemed better to stay together.
I totally agree with what you are saying about the lack of advertising for the local comp, the standard this year has been the best by far in recent years and I do think the Brumbies can do more. We are getting a fair amount of content in the Canberra times, but still no more than the league comp even though we have a far superior competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.