• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup - Canberra Competition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sportsfan

Hell can someone that follows this thread and does not live in the ACT give some input. How did the the semis go and who is looking like winning the comp.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
royals lost to wests, tuggers beat gunghalin, next week gunners play wests. tuggers look set to take the silverware again

S

sportsfan

Thanks strapping . Any standouts in the tuggers/gunners game. I am tipping Wests for the upset.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
unfortunantly i wasnt at either games. however if wests make it to the GF it would be some very long odds on them winning, i watched the wests tuggers game and the attack from wests was poor and defence in broken play left alot to be desired, with gunghalin able to defend against tuggers strong structured attack and also post a respectable score against a club that in recent weeks has produce some hefty scorelines. gunghalin tuggers GF and i think there will be a very tight game however vikings i think will take the cup.

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
Roayls vs. West

Unfortunetly missed the game on Sunday between Royals and Wests, could someone provide some details on the game? Read the report in the Canberra Times this morning and it sounds like Wests were lucky to win....?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Results from Grand Final day:

Tuggeranong 44 – Ratulevu 3, C Fainga'a 3, Knight tries; R Iona 3 cons, pen def Wests 18 – Ruediger, Fou tries; Uphill con, 2 pens

Other Grand Final results:
Reserve Grade: Tuggeranong 16 def Gungahlin 6
Colts: Queanbeyan 21 def Tuggeranong 12
1st Div 1st Grade: Tuggeranong 27 def Gungahlin 3
1st Div 2nd Grade: Tuggeranong 23 def Wests 18
Womens: Royals 22 def Uni-Norths 7

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Jake White has allocated 5 Brumbies squad players amongst the 7 JID teams to stop the exodus of players leaving to play in the Shute Shield in Sydney.
Those players who already had an affiliation to local clubs will go back to those teams (e.g. Nic White and Robbie Coleman to Queanbeyan, Ben Alexander to Uni-Norths)

Here is the list in full: (Thanks to Canberra Times)

Uni-Norths
Forwards: Ben Alexander, Dylan Sigg
Backs: Tom Cox, Ian Prior, Joe Tomane

Wests
Forwards: Fotu Auelua, Peter Kimlin, Scott Sio,
Backs: Pat McCabe, Jesse Mogg

Royals
Forwards: Sam Carter, Stephen Hoiles, Siliva Siliva
Backs: Kimami Sitauti, Matt To'omua

Queanbeyan
Forwards: Jono Owen, Leon Power
Backs: Robbie Coleman, Tevita Kuridrani, Nic White

Easts
Forwards: Ben Hand, Michael Hooper, Stephen Moore, Jerry Yanuyanutawa
Backs: Andrew Smith

Vikings
Forwards : Colby Fainga'a, Ben Mowen, Scott Fardy
Backs: Zack Holmes. Christian Lealiifano

Gungahlin
Forwards: Dan Palmer, Ita Vaea, Rory Murphy
Backs: Cam Crawford, Henry Speight

Obviously the Wallabies in the squad won't get to play very often, but White said that those clubs are free to use them in a capacity outside of Brumbies commitments. Things like junior sign up day, helping out at Tuesday/Thursday night trainings, jersey presentations.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Great initiative - should be great to see the Brumbies interacting with the local competition. If it all comes through, it will significantly help raise the standards locally, which can only be a good thing for the Brumbies long term.

Be interesting to see which teams end up with the most Brumbies actually playing for them - out of our five, Yanuyanutawa and Smith look the most likely, and possibly Hooper depending on the make up of the bench.

If this is Jake White's will, then it could be a fruitful four years in the John I Dent.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I agree, sensational idea and one that shows that Jake White has some sense about him. I think the franchises in general tend to focus too much on themselves when the reality of professional sport is that without the general public, they don't have a job. Good work Jake.

It'd be great to see them get out of Canberra too...

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
As in, visit you guys in Wagga? I think at least some trial matches etc could be shared around the region.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
That's it mate, we get the Brumbies Country visits on the bye week which generally happens midweek. It would be great to tie something like that in with a club training session or something similar. We had the trial match v Chiefs in about 2005 (i think) which was great, but Wagga doesn't have a venue suitable for a Super Rugby trial match anymore. Albury would be the only place that could possibly host a game, but i doubt that would happen (although Brumbies v Rebels would tick boxes for both franchises).

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Word is Tyler Stevens has left Parramatta...............so add him to the Queanbeyan list

Status
Not open for further replies.