• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup - Canberra Competition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
you can now add what John I Dent Cup team you go for (to the bottom corner of your posts) by going to the "forum Actions" drop down above, clicking edit profile, and going down to the drop down box.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Does anybody know the clubs where the 2010 ACT Schoolboys are playing, especially the ones that were at schools? Any suprises/ recruits

R

random477

Has anyone heard of a Draw change this year? I've heard there won't be the usual pre-season comp but instead each club plays each other 3 times rather then twice

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Correct Empire...I think only 1st Grade and Colts Do the Pre Season/john I dent points part of the comp....2nd Grade starts the John I Dent Comp at the same time, so no pre season for comp for them.
One thing through the Grapevine, Royals have recruited smartly, with two NPC players, one of which is an NZ U20 player and the other Auckland NPC, also have Soks Tai back as well as some talent joining from other clubs.....they have the core of the team though from past two seasons.
Whites still gonna be hard to beat.
Vikings might be surprise packet not to make the Finals with a lot of reports saying that the new coach is not gelling with the players...
Also, few Wests players arrested in Darwin over the weekend (more to come on that one).........
My top Four, Whites, Gungahlin, Royals and Easts....

mopo10

Frank Row (1)
Yes Soks is back and there are 2 possibly 3 good players picked up from Auckland heading over for a run with Royals, there are also two Academy front rowers joining the club and the core players from the last 3 seasons remain with openside Joe Kolo returning to the comp after a 7wk stint with the Tongan A team...1 forward from Vikings is rumoured to be joing the club also so hopefully Royals can live up to their potential this year and make the GF now they have plugged the holes left from the player drain of 2010.....Wouldn write Vikings off just yet but like everyone else the usual suspects will be there in Sept - Whites/Eagles/Vikings-Easts?.....Rumours have 1 West player blind shotted a referee and faced charges in court this week, and another senior member was denied his flight home for being too intoxicated.....Interesting to see how the comp pans out this year but not sure why if the pre-season comp counts for points why the teams playing Vic wont be awarded comp points?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
These Auckland players acquaintances of Mr. Legge?

Sound like some pretty good pick ups. I believe we've picked up Rob Lavery from Uni Norths, should be handy.

Really looking forward to the season, hopefully a bit more competition across the board.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
if Mr Legge is the Kiwi coach at Royals, then I believe so.

If Easts have picked up Rob Lavery, thats a big boost for Easts. I think Easts really are going to be the big movers this season.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
He was previously with Easts, and he was the main man for Auckland imports until the '08 debacle.

Another interesting player for Easts is Joe Shirley - very good lock who is back from the US. Will not count chickens yet, but the new coaches have certainly given the club the shake up and direction it needs.

How are the whites shaping up this year?

R

random477

Pretty sure whites have lost a few players. Players leaving and heading to Sydney. Haven't heard of any players they've managed to pick up

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I've heard Tyler Stevens might be gone, and perhaps Robbie Coleman. That said, Rob's picked up an injury.

All speculation however. It'd be dissapointing to see the whites talent prop up parramatta.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
He was previously with Easts, and he was the main man for Auckland imports until the '08 debacle.

Another interesting player for Easts is Joe Shirley - very good lock who is back from the US. Will not count chickens yet, but the new coaches have certainly given the club the shake up and direction it needs.

How are the whites shaping up this year?

Yeah, I have had a bit to do with most of the players he has bought into the Club competition, all the Island boys anyway, which is most of them and they all seem to regard him highly both as a coach and mentor. I know he has set up a few boys with ITM Cup opportunities in NZ also.

Whites, we are looking good, have lost a few players...Coleman stll unsure, but from what I understand, Stevens is to Parramatta but thats also a family thing as his brother from Memory is on the GWS AFL books too....but we havent lost enough to have alarm bells ringing.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Good to hear, I am all for Parramatta becoming strong again, just not at the expense of Queanbeyan or the ACT competition as a whole!

F

F1Fan

Good to hear, I am all for Parramatta becoming strong again, just not at the expense of Queanbeyan or the ACT competition as a whole!

welcome to the 21st century. Club loyalty is a thing of the past now Empire I'm afraid. The JID is big enough to be able to cope with player losses. IMO

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
My mail is....
Yakapo Brothers, Sione Taula (Prop), Parahi, Lealiifano, to Parra in 2011, Iona to follow in 2012
Kyron Pita and possibly Tomu Mataika to Royals
Tapara and possibly 2 others to Easts

Status
Not open for further replies.